“Delicious Brunch - and a "Black Cat"” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Newly Renovated Rooms!
Ranked #4 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Houston, Texas
“Delicious Brunch - and a "Black Cat"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

In late October 2012 I enjoyed a great Sunday brunch in the Anasazi Restaurant & Bar while in New Mexico for business and shopping. I've been to the restaurant before for lunch, but this was my first stop for brunch. Fluffy muffins, well-seasoned scrambled eggs, plenty of pungent coffee, an attentive and polite waitstaff--and a "Black Cat" cocktail--all added up to a fine respite from walking the town. The restaurant was running several pre-Halloween drink specials; I chose the licorice-flavored Black Cat, and it made terrific cap-off to a delicious midday meal. Hats off to the restaurant staff and the bartender for providing an enjoyable restaurant experience! After brunch, as I headed out for more sight-seeing, that trio of classical musicians stationed on the corner of the Plaza seemed to sound better than ever.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

So the 500.00 Santa Fe question is answered. While there are some sweet touches to the hotel experience, having stayed at nearly every 5 and 4 star resort except this one (until now) none of what this place offers is worth the extra money. Not at this price point.. I have a feeling for the 1000.00 a night traveler its a fantastic place.. however for those of us whom are only Upper Middle Class.. trust me this hotel is a rip-off. My car was lost, the dinning room host on Christmas morning turned up his nose at my sweat shirt breakfast attire (it was 9am Christmas morning, and yes me and my pal were wearing crowns as well as sweat pants)... The room faced trash cans and a parking lot. The bathroom sink wouldn't drain, and the hardwood floors by the elevator were filthy and rutted. Look had it been a 200 dollar a night experience I would have said it was fine, but when other amazing hotels offer so much more for 500.00 a night or even 280 a night.. I'm gonna be picky. CLEAN UP YOUR ACT INN OF THE ANASAZI .. or its gonna be curtains for you.. I cant believe this is a Rosewood property, because Im usually super pleased with the chain.

Room Tip: Stay at the Loretto, La Fonda, or the Inn at the Alameda... even the St Francis is better.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
InnOfTheAnasazi, Managing Director at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We highly value the experiences of our guests and I am disappointed we failed to meet your expectations.

Please know that we are addressing the issues you have stated and I can assure that you will see many positive improvements during your next visit.

If you would like to discuss in detail your experience here at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, please feel free to contact me directly at andrea.gates@rosewoodhotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

I hope you will reconsider staying with us again and wish you the very best.

Andrea Gates, Managing Director
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

What a delightful treat! We went to Santa Fe for a quick day trip and had lunch at the Inn. What a quiet, lovely restaurant. We found their three course menu hard to beat! I had the lamb quesadillas which were BEYOND yummy. The dear fella had the chicken enchilada. Since it was the Christmas spirit, I shared mine, but next time, and there will be a next time, he's on his own!

Seriously, this was a reasonably priced lunch served with quiet dignity. You were a nice respite during our fast and furious day to Santa Fe. See you next trip!!! The lamb was divine!!

I'll be back to eat. Would love to stay at the hotel........maybe someday......

Babson Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We just left Santa Fe after spending four nights at the Anasazi and couldn't have asked for a better experience. The front desk staff, valets, housekeepers and especially James in the bar, were all fantastic. Everyone called us by name and our comfort and satisfaction was their top priority. The room was beautiful and the bed comfortable - we had a little trouble getting the right temperature in the room at night but only because it was really cold during our visit and we are from Florida. We had a lovely experience and highly recommend the Anasazi.

Anthem, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Service was very good, but not excellent as one would expect. Breakfast was delicous. Rooms had great amenities, never seen make up remover and nail varnish remover before in a hotel. Perfect location. Great bar, did get busy. Would stay here again for a special occasion, but for a regular weekend getaway would stay somewhere cheaper.

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We paid almost $300 a night for a 4 night stay in November for our honeymoon. Though my new hubby was a little squeamish about the splurge, upon arriving, he too was convinced that it was worth every cent. The staff always made us feel welcome and bent to our every need, including renting cars and arranging taxis and dinner reservations. The rooms are spotlessly clean and appropriately decorated for Sante Fe. The turn-down service is awesome, when they leave cookies and turn on the fireplace. The Inn also is small enough to make you feel like you are staying in a smaller inn or B&B. Very romantic! Absolutely loved our stay! If you can afford it, it is totally worth it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I really liked this place. It's located right near the centre. It's nice to walk around at night in the winter when everything is lit up and it's 10 degrees outside. The Inn had a great restaurant and the staff was very amiable.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi? Share your experiences!