“Great location, beautiful room, attentive staff and....Bob” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Newly Renovated Rooms!
Ranked #6 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Dallas, Texas
“Great location, beautiful room, attentive staff and....Bob”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is my first review on TripAdvisor. I never take a trip without consulting the reviews here and realize that I am way overdue to give back to the community.

My wife and I were celebrating a special occasion and traveled to Santa Fe for a long weekend this June. The reservations agent, Rebecca Martinson set the tone for what ended up being a very special stay at the Inn by suggesting room 202 which has a balcony that overlooks the front of the hotel and then jumping through a few hoops to secure it for us. We couldn't have been happier, thank you Rebecca. The room was great. It was romantic, spacious, tastefully decorated and very clean. We had the balcony door open in the mornings and before bed to let in the cool (at least cooler than Dallas) Santa Fe air. The balcony was also great for reading the paper and people watching. You will hear the occasional Harley driver leaving the Plaza via Washington Ave but if you have the door closed and air conditioner on the street noise is minimal.
The only hitch i had at the hotel was not being able to get a strong internet connection on my iPad in the room. That said, I didn't ask for help from the hotel to troubleshoot and really didn't need to being doing any work on this vacation anyway.

The front desk and door men were very attentive, friendly and professional. Roberto was able to secure a few more of their outstanding chocolate truffles like the ones we had received in our room at check in to commemorate our special occasion. Being a chocolate addict that scored big points with me.

But the highlight of our stay and what really made the entire trip a huge success was the hotel's concierge, Bob Romero. Every one of his suggestions for us was spot on. Every one. I asked him for some day trip suggestions and he provided several that met our parameters but emphasized one in particular, a drive out Hwy 4. He said "the longer you drive the better it gets" and "don't miss the White Rocks Overlook" and he was absolutely right. In the space of 2 hours we saw the landscape change from desert southwest/mesas and an outstanding view of the Rio Grande (White Rock Overlook) to the tall pines and aspens that I associate with Taos to the historic volcanic ValleCaldera (my personal favorite). We ended up having a late lunch in Jemez Springs at the Stage Stop on the patio where we met a traveling musician, Matt Harlan who was performing for the six patrons there. Matt's music reminded me a little bit of Lyle Lovett, & Robert Earl Keen both of whom I like. He was up from Houston and performing in Santa Fe but took a day trip to play a little bit in Jemez Springs. We bought his CD and listened to him all the way back to the hotel. Loved it. Very special.

This was just one example of many suggestions Bob gave us during our stay that made our trip a very special one. He seemed to know more about what we wanted to do than we did. By the last two days, we didn't make a move without his input. Always friendly and in a great mood. Thank you Bob and the Inn of the Anasazi for making this get away one we will always remember.

Room Tip: Talk to the reservations agent.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
RIOTASantaFe, General Manager at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
I'm delighted we were able to make your special occasion memorable during your stay at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi. Our attentive staff is always willing to go the extra mile to ensure every need of our guests' are met. Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the Inn in the near future where we'll be sure to have some of those delightful chocolate truffles waiting for you!

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We arrived an hour or so before check in and our room wasn't ready yet. We were told we would get a call when the room was ready. We strolled around town and when we hadn't heard from the front desk, went back to check on our room. It was ready. Unfortunately, our deluxe room had a beautiful view of the loading dock and garbage cans for the adjoining restaurant -- and the noise to go with it. Luckily - we went and requested another room and were immediately moved to the room across the hall - where the view was fine and the noise level greatly reduced. What we didn't understand is that the hotel was nowhere near full and we arrived early - so why didn't we get a nice room from the beginning? We have stayed at the Inn of the Anasazi numerous times and always found the service to be exceptional. This time was a disappointment. I guess the morale of the story is to ask where the room is going to be located - before you check into it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
As the Managing Director of Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, I'm pleased our staff was able to accommodate your request for a different room upon your arrival. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the Inn where we will be sure to place you in a room that accommodates your preferences.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

The Inn is in the heart of Santa Fe so streets are narrow and views are of buildings next door. So don't go there for the view, go there for the superior service, excellent food, charming rooms all with fireplaces, and perfect location for exploring, galleries, restaurants, walking. We had reservations for two nights and added an additional night because it was so pleasant. Dinner in the restaurant was some of the best meals we had. Staff is more helpful and friendly than one usually encounters in a busy hotel. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Their real website, not the booking service.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
RIOTASantaFe, General Manager at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Being in the heart of downtown Santa Fe, Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi is within walking distance to many types of shops, galleries and restaurants. Inside in the Anasazi Restaurant, under the innovative direction of Executive Chef Oliver Ridgeway, the restaurant's menus change frequently and celebrate American cuisine infused with fresh, seasonal and regional ingredients. Thank you for your kind feedback we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Andrea Gates
Managin Director
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

It was a little hard navigating to the hotel due to Downtown Santa Fe's tricky streets, but I was very happy when I found the gem I was to be staying at. Its outside decor, as well as inside decor fit in so well with Santa Fe with out being too themed. The service was wonderful from the bellman/valet to the housekeepers. The rooms are well sized, and priced accordingly for being a Rosewood Property.

On top of all of that, it is located steps away from the Plaza! I could walk to all of the stores and restaurants. The Burrito Co. is right next door, great for breakfast.

On the downside, there is no gym or pool. It is clear though, that there is just no possibility for this, and apparently they can not build any higher due to regulations.

Overall, I love this place and I will stay there in the future. I love Santa Fe, and now I love the Anasazi.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

This hotel is very nice in many aspects, but the rooms were disappointing. The bathroom is ok, but the rooms are so dark and small. My view from the window was of the brick wall of the hotel next door. The service is excellent and location is super. I believe my room was a superior king, but for the rate I paid I was expecting a little more.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
As the Managing Director for Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, I'm delighted we were able to provide you with outstanding service during your stay. Located right off the plaza square we are in a convenient location for our guests to walk and enjoy a day of shopping and dining. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I really cannot think of one bad thing to comment on here, maybe if I had to really stretch it, the shower is tricky to turn on. Other than that, the staff, building, location, service, food, everything was top notch. I wish I had this as an option as a business traveler in other cities. Keep it up!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
RIOTASantaFe, General Manager at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
As the Managing Director for Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, I'm pleased to know our staff was able to provide you with the top level of service we strive to give to every guest. We hope to welcome you back in the near future and I hope the tricky shower won't be a problem next time!

Nuremberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed for one night only on a stop over in Santa Fe. This hotel is located in the heart of where you want to be. Everything is in easy walking distance so you can park the car and leave it. The service was the best I have encountered from any 5 star hotel in the world. The concierge in particular was outstanding. The rooms are not large, but are charming and well-appointed. Ours even had a fireplace which added to the ambiance. The only down side to this hotel is that there is no pool or spa, which for the money, would be nice. However, I would still highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to ask for one with a view.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
RIOTASantaFe, General Manager at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback in regards to your recent stay. As the Managing Director for Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, I'm pleased we were able to leave a lasting impression on you and hope to welcome you back to the Inn soon.

Andrea Gates
Managing Director

Been to Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi? Share your experiences!