“Beautiful Santa Fe” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Beautiful Santa Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

It was a little hard navigating to the hotel due to Downtown Santa Fe's tricky streets, but I was very happy when I found the gem I was to be staying at. Its outside decor, as well as inside decor fit in so well with Santa Fe with out being too themed. The service was wonderful from the bellman/valet to the housekeepers. The rooms are well sized, and priced accordingly for being a Rosewood Property.

On top of all of that, it is located steps away from the Plaza! I could walk to all of the stores and restaurants. The Burrito Co. is right next door, great for breakfast.

On the downside, there is no gym or pool. It is clear though, that there is just no possibility for this, and apparently they can not build any higher due to regulations.

Overall, I love this place and I will stay there in the future. I love Santa Fe, and now I love the Anasazi.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

This hotel is very nice in many aspects, but the rooms were disappointing. The bathroom is ok, but the rooms are so dark and small. My view from the window was of the brick wall of the hotel next door. The service is excellent and location is super. I believe my room was a superior king, but for the rate I paid I was expecting a little more.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
RIOTASantaFe, General Manager at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
As the Managing Director for Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, I'm delighted we were able to provide you with outstanding service during your stay. Located right off the plaza square we are in a convenient location for our guests to walk and enjoy a day of shopping and dining. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn in the near future.

Andrea Gates, Managing Director
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I really cannot think of one bad thing to comment on here, maybe if I had to really stretch it, the shower is tricky to turn on. Other than that, the staff, building, location, service, food, everything was top notch. I wish I had this as an option as a business traveler in other cities. Keep it up!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
RIOTASantaFe, General Manager at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
As the Managing Director for Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, I'm pleased to know our staff was able to provide you with the top level of service we strive to give to every guest. We hope to welcome you back in the near future and I hope the tricky shower won't be a problem next time!

Andrea Gates, Managing Director
Nuremberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed for one night only on a stop over in Santa Fe. This hotel is located in the heart of where you want to be. Everything is in easy walking distance so you can park the car and leave it. The service was the best I have encountered from any 5 star hotel in the world. The concierge in particular was outstanding. The rooms are not large, but are charming and well-appointed. Ours even had a fireplace which added to the ambiance. The only down side to this hotel is that there is no pool or spa, which for the money, would be nice. However, I would still highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to ask for one with a view.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
RIOTASantaFe, General Manager at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback in regards to your recent stay. As the Managing Director for Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, I'm pleased we were able to leave a lasting impression on you and hope to welcome you back to the Inn soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Accomodations were wonderful as was the restaurant. Nicely decorated without being overdone. All members of the staff were friendly and helpful. Great location for touring downtown and for shoping. I highly recommend the Inn and would stay there again if returning to the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
As the Managing Director for Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, we strive for excellent service with each and every guest and I'm delighted our warm attentive staff could accommodate you during your stay and make it memorable. We look forward to your return to the Inn.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

I travel down each Spring to spend a month in Paradise Valley, AZ. I very much enjoyed staying here for two night last April and am now thrilled to be returning for the trip down and then again the trip home. I travel with a little terrier and she was so comfortable and welcomed by all the staff. One of the bellman took her for walks regularly and I had to beg him to accept a tip. She was pampered with her special bed, bowls and homemade biscuits. the two legged guests traveling with me also enjoyed the amazing conciege who were always most helpful. The amazing food in the restaurant and the library bar was such a comfortable place. I arrive there this year with my sister on March 31 and I am certain we will enjoy it as much as our last visit!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Your comments are very much appreciated and we always look forward to welcoming our repeat guests again and again as well as our four legged guests! We look forward to your next stay with us and we hope you'll be able to bring your canine friend as well!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

I stayed at the Inn of the Anasazi for three nights on a trip to Santa Fe. It is probably the best located luxury hotel in all of Santa Fe and has superb standards of service that left me very impressed.

The hotel itself occupies a very good location, literally on the opposite corner from the Santa Fe's main Plaza and across the street from the Palace of Governors Although the hotel occupies a historic building, everything has been brought up to date. There is tasteful artwork placed throughout the hotel and a modern Southwest motif throughout. Although a lobby area isn't evident, the hotel does have a library space past the main elevator where people can lounge and relax.

My room was very comfortable and tastefully furnished. I was in a twin-bedded room. In most hotels this would usually mean two doubles or queens, but in the Inn of the Anasazi this literally meant two twin sized beds. I can understand the need to maximize the room space, but it does make for cramped sleeping. However, bedding was of high quality, so no complaints there. The gas-burning kiva fireplace was a fine touch, as were the double-hung windows that could be opened.

One point of contention for me was the lack of soundproofing. This always is a sensitive issue for me, and may not bother some others. Noise simply resonated throughout the hallways and there seemed to be a general lack of soundproofing in the room. When my neighbors came back to their rooms, I could hear their conversations as they approached. When I was in the bathroom, I could clearly hear the music my neighbor was playing on their stereo. I also heard the two dogs barking next door - but that could just be because they were whiney dogs. And I honestly don't think the noise issues were because I was surrounded by noisy, rambunctious people (the hotel just doesn't attract the type).

Regarding the service, however, the standards were absolutely stellar, from the front desk staff, concierge, bell desk, and housekeeping. All the staff made me feel welcome, particularly Bob, the concierge, who was extremely helpful in planning out the days activities. There were also small touches that really mattered - for example, when turning down my room, the housekeeping staff placed an eyeglass cleaning wipe packet next to my glasses. It's these types of thoughtful touches that make guest want to return again and again, and I'm certain they have a large returning client base.

Overall, I had a wonderful stay at a very well run hotel. Soundproofing issues aside, I would openly recommend it to anyone visiting Santa Fe.

• Stayed March 2011
Thank you for your radiant review of Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi. Your detailed feedback is very much appreciated. We enjoy exceeding our guests expectations by paying special attention to the small details and making our guests feel welcome. We hope to welcome you back to the Inn where we will do our best to find a room for you with a quieter location.

Managing Director

Been to Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi? Share your experiences!