“Felt like home” 5 of 5 stars

$99 (USD)
Ranked #20 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
“Felt like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

This was our first stay here though we found it years ago on an earlier trip and decided then we wanted to stay here. We were not disappointed. This is not an luxurious place, though the location is as good as any of the high end hotels. The rooms are cosy and authentic to Santa Fe style. We had a large bedroom (queen bed) and kitchen and even an operating fireplace should we have needed it. Breakfast included fruit, cereal, breads, yogurt and was served indoors or outside. There was a late afternoon drink and snack buffet. Nothing could have been more welcoming than to unlock the door to our room and feel as though we had just come home.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Bethel Park, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

My wife and I just spent a wonderful week in Santa Fe, NM where we stayed at the Pueblo Bonito B&B, which is within easy walking distance from the Plaza. The grounds and interesting art pieces placed among the bushes and flowers are all maintained very well. The rooms, or casitas, are quaint and decorated with interesting art works from the Southwest. If you’re looking for a place that is truly reminiscent of the Old Santa Fe as it once was and not just another big fancy hotel that once inside you, could be in NYC, London, Rome, Tokyo or any other large city of the world then, the Pueblo Bonito is your place to relax and enjoy. The entire staff from the gracious owners, Herb and Amy, to our new-found friends Phyllis and Strelsa who man the front desk with much friendliness and helpfulness, everything was as nice as we had expected. But watch out for those 4 PM complementary Margaritas – they really do have a “punch” to them.
Regards,
Pieter and Nancy Kreyns

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

Location cannot be beat. Very reflective of the Santa Fe experience. The rooms are nice, clean and well furnished. The innkeepers are very helpful and friendly. I'm very picky when it comes to where I stay and I would stay here over and over and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Our stay at the Pueblo Bonito Bed @ Breakfast Inn shot to the top of our list. After night after night of typical hotels and motels we chanced on this place when viewing an internet ad. The special had $70 room on weekdays, excepting Friday.Other nights were $90. Since this was our first trip to Santa Fe, we had no idea of good locations. The Pueblo Bonito was within walking distance to everything. The state capital is only a block away and houses a beautiful art collection on all four floors, all created by New Mexican artists. The plaza was only a few blocks away.

But the best part of was the Inn itself. Our room was small, but cozy and full of charm. The breakfast had the usual fare but included extras like homemade breads. The coffee was strong and the best I have ever had on the road. An added bonus was the afternoon tea/ drinks from 4 to 6. Fred, our host made a punch bowl full of margaritas and we helped ourselves.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

This quaint little Inn by far exceeded our expectations! The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. It was perfect for a romantic get away. The room had a fireplace and a small kitchenette. The location was terrific. Every thing you wanted to see or do in Santa Fe was within walking distance. The staff was courteous and attentive to our every need. I have already told my friends and family to book their reservations when they are in Santa Fe.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the this Bed and Breakfast.
Herb and Amy were wonderful Innkeepers. Our room was great, and very romantic for a couple. Breakfast was continental with a large selection of food and drink items. From 4 to 6 pm, a tea is held, where snacks, margarita's and wine were served (gratis), and it was also a great way to meet the other guests.

If you are looking for a quiet place and one that is within walking distance (5 to 10 minutes) from the Santa Fe plaza, the Pueblo Bonito is the Inn for you.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Mich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I was traveling alone, and while I like nice places, I wasn't interested in paying more than $150. After a few calls on a Saturday afternoon, I found this place, and contrary to my usual M.O., I didn't check TripAdvisor first. Had I checked, I would not have taken the chance, and would have gone elsewhere. I guess both the Bonita and I lucked out. The hospitality of the staff was very good, and I got a room upstairs that was clean and roomy -- kitchenette that I didn't need, fireplace that I didn't use, etc. I had a little problem finding the Internet plug -- I didn't understand why they haven't installed WiFi, although I was able to pick up a signal from a neighboring business. I do recall that a couple of the towels in the bathroom were sour -- but not all of them. Come to think of it, had all the towels been sour, it would have totally ruined it for me, because by the time I discovered this, the staff had gone for the night. Anyway, bed linens were clean, windows worked, furnishings were adequate, place had TWO huge closets. No real complaints. If I wanted something really, really nice, I figure I would have had to pay closer to $200. However, given the reviews of others, I would not recommend this to a friend, because I'm not sure a friend would be so lucky. Oh yeah: Food was lame, about what you'd get at a Comfort Inn. With the size of the kitchen, they could/should consider doing a menu with table service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Pueblo Bonito Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!