“Out of the city, lots of great amenities” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Buffalo Thunder Trail, Santa Fe, NM 87506   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Out of the city, lots of great amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

As my first trip to New Mexico, I didn't know where to stay. I was very thankful that I picked such a great place. My favorite part of my stay was my great hike that I was able to enjoy. Find the Butterfly trail - it is totally worth it!

Room Tip: I wish I would have asked for FREE wifi. As for a balcony - it was really nice to have.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a masterpiece of architectural design. Its postcard suitable exterior is matched by its museum quality art collection and stunning Southwestern decor.
The casino is tight. The casino management apparently does not value its players as comps are tight and often have to be demanded to be obtained, based on my experience this trip.

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Rb2495
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were staying in Santa Fe. By accident we were in town during the Indian Market so we went to the market and finished early so we decided to kill some time at this casino. Well we didn't know that we would have so much fun. The bloody Mary's at the bar were nice. Then we played slots. They were loose enough so you could play all afternoon and not loose a huge amount if money. We liked that for a nice afternoon of entertainment especially after the very expensive prices at the Indian Market in the Santa Fe Plaza. We came out ahead by going to the casino and forgetting about the Indian Market. Lol

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 823Raerae
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We selected this hotel because we are Hilton Honors members. From the time we stepped up to the desk until we left two days later, we enjoyed every aspect of this resort. It is so clean, we thought it was new. The rooms are very large and everything is comfortable and clean. The breakfast buffet was delicious. The casino is large, well-lighted and clean..a bit smokey. The location was great for going into Santa Fe and hiking in the national monuments. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank hoosierhiker
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I drive up from nearby albuquerque to celebrate his birthday (and have kid-free time). We had fun at the casino, and even won some money on slots, which was exhilarating. The pool area was totally under construction, so it wasn't as relaxing as we would have liked -- or as aesthetically pleasing as it should be. We got a great rate and paid for most of our stay with our winnings so can't complain! Hotel is clean with very nice art. We only ate at Red Sage, the steak house, and overall we were actually impressed with the food. Excellent organic kale salad. Go, but if you don't care about gambling, maybe try the incredible and beautiful Hyatt Tamaya instead -- which is a step above.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank osaruby
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We had a super quiet room with great space. We did ask for a fan to get it cool enough for our taste. Front desk provided it to us promptly with no issues. This is a fun place to stay! Lots of resort type things to do such as swimming, spa, casino, golfing, dining and shopping. All right here at the location. Santa Fe is a mere 15 miles away with all of its' offerings, too.

Room Tip: Not sure but our room was nice and quiet. We found the staff to be quite helpful at any request we m...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank leightonsmimi
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We spent only one night here while travelling through the area. I would have loved to stay more had time allowed. The price per night was comparable to a Hampton Inn/Hilton Garden Inn types of places but with so much more.

The room was very spacious and clean and had a balcony. For 2 adults and 2 kids, it was a great size.

We enjoyed the pool area - both the indoors one and the outdoors. It wasn't crowded when we were there although I could see that room may be limited when busier. The pools weren't terribly big although they were very nice. There were well kept and very clean.

The casino was terrible. Smoky and dingy. Husband and I took turns trying our luck but we both felt the casino was not a fun place to be. I am not sure if all the casinos in the area are similar. In any event, I would not return to it.

Would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family