“Great mini-vaca” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great mini-vaca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our family of four stayed in the 2 queen bed superior suite, each room had a fireplace and balcony. It was a great stay, the check in was seamless and everyone on staff was very accommodating. The only one complaint I had was that we had dinner at the Turquoise Trail and the first game of the World Series was starting, we asked our server twice if they could switch the channel of one of the many TV's and was told yes but they never did it. After dinner we watched the game across the casino at the bar and it was very nice. We had a great time, the bartender and patrons were very friendly.

Room Tip: After reading the other reviews I was concerned about the room location. Our balcony overlooked the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear74Candy74,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was so pleased to read about your great mini-vaction and that our staff was very accommodating. I look forward to welcoming you back to Santa Fe on your next trip from Colorado Springs.

hal.leonard@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Turkish first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Two words of warning: Make sure your room is not on the left (West?) side of the hotel near the HVAC units. And check your sheets.
We had a gorgeous room with a huge balcony, but the HVAC units were so loud, there was no way to sit outside and enjoy the balcony or the views. Also, we were sharing the room with another couple, and their bedsheets were either still dirty or stained with that appeared to be lipstick. Housekeeping was quick to bring a clean set of sheets (change them out on our own).

On the plus side: The room was beautifully decorated, and the bathroom was huge. One small coffee pot for 4 adults was not enough. We ordered a pot of coffee in the morning, and 1 hour later cancelled it because it had yet to arrive!

The resort itself was great. Plenty to see and do. We had a good time and will return, but our expectations will be different, and we'll be a bit smarter this time around. Hope this helps someone else as well!

Room Tip: Ask if you'll be near the HVAC or generators. Very loud!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jo B,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was pleased to read that your room was beautifully decorated and that the resort was great with plenty to see and do. I was disappointed to hear however that your room was near one of the HVAC units used to cool and heat the property and that the noise didn't allow for full use of the balcony. Since you plan on returning, I hope that you will contact me personally, so that I can arrange for a room away from any outside disturbance. I have included my email for your reference.
Again, thanks for taking the time to share your comments.

Aurora, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I go to Albuquerque on business 5-7 times per year. Although this location is 75 minutes from where my business is conducted I prefer to stay at Buffalo Thunder. Great value. Onsite options for dining etc. Love it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear John,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder and pointing out that we are your "Favorite Hilton Property". I have already shared your review at today's Staff Meeting and all of us are truly flattered that you travel such a long distance to stay at our resort. I hope that you will contact me personally prior to your next visit as I would enjoy meeting you.

Santa Fe, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a romantic getaway at the beautiful Hilton hotel at Buffalo Thunder. We saw a fabulous fashion show & enjoyed live music at the Turquiose Trail. The gorgeous Roman bath style pool & hot tub was a great way to start the day. What a nice getaway in our backyard!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for choosing Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder for your recent romantic getaway and for the outstanding review on your stay. Since we're right here in your backyard, I hope that we'll see you again very soon. And please feel free to contact me personally, whenever you have a special occasion to celebrate.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This resort is exceptionally great. We have been to other casinos and this one was one of the best. The room was super clean, alot of amenities, down comforter bed, very pleasant stay. The casino was very clean and well kept. The indoor /outdoor pool was amazing with kiddie pool & sauna indoor and outside. Will definitely go back in summer for swimming with the family. Very pleasant happy stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Josieprinces,
Wow! What a fantastic review of your recent visit to Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed so much of our resort and that you'll be coming back in the summer. If I can be of assistance to you in making your reservation, I hope that you will reach out to me to do so, as I would enjoy meeting you and your family on your next trip.
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with the readers of TripAdvisor.
All the Best

San Jose, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Well maintained facility, clean comfortable room and excellent service. The hotel is easy to get to and is very convenient to down town Santa Fe. The fitness center and pool are are excellent. My only complaint was the internet service. I needed Hilton IT help to get connected and after I was connected the system was slow.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear George,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I'm thrilled that you found our resort well maintained, with a clean, comfortable room as well as excellent service. I was also pleased to read that you found out that our property is very convenient to downtown Santa Fe. I also want you to know that we continue to work on improving the internet connectivity and speed, which I can assure you will be even better during your next visit to Santa Fe.
Thanks again for your very positive review.
All the Best

Tampa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Large hotel with modern amenities. A good party destination. Very clean hotel. Our room had a lot of space and bathrooms are nice. Large shower. Even the non-smoking casino staff was very attentive to us. Overall, this is an all encompassing hotel with a lot of things to do.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mark,
I greatly appreciate the outstanding review on your recent staty at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was pleased to hear that you found our resort clean with an attentive staff. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Hal Leonard

Been to Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder? Share your experiences!