“Couples retreat night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Santa Fe, United States
“Couples retreat night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a romantic getaway at the beautiful Hilton hotel at Buffalo Thunder. We saw a fabulous fashion show & enjoyed live music at the Turquiose Trail. The gorgeous Roman bath style pool & hot tub was a great way to start the day. What a nice getaway in our backyard!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for choosing Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder for your recent romantic getaway and for the outstanding review on your stay. Since we're right here in your backyard, I hope that we'll see you again very soon. And please feel free to contact me personally, whenever you have a special occasion to celebrate.

hal.leonard@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This resort is exceptionally great. We have been to other casinos and this one was one of the best. The room was super clean, alot of amenities, down comforter bed, very pleasant stay. The casino was very clean and well kept. The indoor /outdoor pool was amazing with kiddie pool & sauna indoor and outside. Will definitely go back in summer for swimming with the family. Very pleasant happy stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Josieprinces,
Wow! What a fantastic review of your recent visit to Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed so much of our resort and that you'll be coming back in the summer. If I can be of assistance to you in making your reservation, I hope that you will reach out to me to do so, as I would enjoy meeting you and your family on your next trip.
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with the readers of TripAdvisor.

San Jose, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Well maintained facility, clean comfortable room and excellent service. The hotel is easy to get to and is very convenient to down town Santa Fe. The fitness center and pool are are excellent. My only complaint was the internet service. I needed Hilton IT help to get connected and after I was connected the system was slow.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear George,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I'm thrilled that you found our resort well maintained, with a clean, comfortable room as well as excellent service. I was also pleased to read that you found out that our property is very convenient to downtown Santa Fe. I also want you to know that we continue to work on improving the internet connectivity and speed, which I can assure you will be even better during your next visit to Santa Fe.
Thanks again for your very positive review.

Tampa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Large hotel with modern amenities. A good party destination. Very clean hotel. Our room had a lot of space and bathrooms are nice. Large shower. Even the non-smoking casino staff was very attentive to us. Overall, this is an all encompassing hotel with a lot of things to do.

Dear Mark,
I greatly appreciate the outstanding review on your recent staty at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was pleased to hear that you found our resort clean with an attentive staff. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Leawood, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Just stayed here on a long weekend getaway. I was going to stay downtown/plaza and not rent a car. This was an easy drive and was a very safe location. Looking at the negative reviews here, they had to be written by people who do not travel very often and or want champagne on beer budget.

We stayed on the executive floor with a fireplace. I would have liked to have had the fireplace across from the bed instead of being on the same wall as the bed however I understand that the construction is what it is. Nice balconies and very much enjoyed the sunsets. My only complaint for the room is there was not any mirror besides the bathroom sink. It would be easy to install even on the inside of the closet door.

We ate at the Red Sage on our first night as we got settled into the hotel. It was expensive however it was very good. Being from the Midwest I did not spend the money on one of their steaks however at the table next to mine someone ordered the porterhouse and it looked great. The service was good and what I would expect for these prices.

The coffee counter (Starbucks) was slow in the morning. However the coffee in the room worked just fine. I stayed out of the casino due to the smoke that was very think. I think this is a NM casino thing and not a hotel thing.

We did attempt to book spa services however they do not open until 10 am and that would have taken up too much of our day of site seeing. I am guessing that maybe there is not the demand however 8 to 5 seems more convenient than 10 -6.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Great sunsets looking over the pool. Seeing the tops of the air conditioners etc. was not big deal...
Dear rj,
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder and I was happy to read that you chose our resort over the downtown/plaza area! Your comments on Red Sage are also greatly appreciated and I'm glad that your enjoyed your dining experience there.
And since you are planning on returning, please send me a note prior to your arrival as I would enjoy meeting you. Thanks again for the great review.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was one of our favorite places to stay. The front desk staff was five stars house keeping was a minus 5. The hotel felt like they were cutting corners economically . We missed all the friendly hellos from staff while walking thru the hotel. We were upgraded to a nice room due to concerns we had with our first room but the second room had a dirty towel and bathrobe behind the door that we didn't discover till morning ugh. Would I give them an other chance probably but on this visit hilton didn't make the grade.

Stayed October 2013
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Photoman,
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent visit to Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was pleased to read that you gave our Front Desk staff a 5-star rating and that they were able to upgrade you to a nice room. I was disappointed however, to read that the condition of the room was not up to our high standards and that a towel and robe remained from a previous stay. I can assure you that this is not typical of the type of service provided by our Housekeeping Department, as their company-wide and TripAdvisor scores are consistently outstanding. Obviously, we failed in this instance.
I was also pleased to read that you will give us another opportunity to serve you, so please feel free to contact me directly and I will be pleased to arrange your accommodations.
Thank you again for sharing your comments.

austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in a handicap accessible, pet friendly room. We were pleased with the room size, furnishings and location. Pillows are feather and thin but we had five pillows per bed. Our room was clean and well stocked with bath supplies, coffee and coffee pot. A lightbulb was burnt out in the bathroom when we arrived and was surprised that the housekeeping had not reported it. We called the front desk on the third day and maintenance came immediately and replaced it. We called the front desk phone several times and did not get an answer and had to go there directly for our questions. It was surprising that there wasn't even another customer at the desk so I don't know why there were problems with them not answering. Our room was on the second floor, wing one and faced the golf course. We had a patio that was furnished with a small table and two comfortable chairs. We were very pleased with our room.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Austinwineoh,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder. I was pleased to read that you stayed with us for a week and were so pleased with your room size, furnishings and location. I have passed along your comments regarding Housekeeping and Front Office to make them aware of these shortcomings. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Hal Leonard

Been to Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder? Share your experiences!