“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Dexter, New Mexico
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The rooms are very nice. Well worth the money. The staff is very friendly and helpful, from management to maids, maintenance, anyone and everyone. Rooms are nicely done and large. The only fly in the ointment is that they want $10 for using the internet. Cheap hotels all over provide it for free and they want money. It is free in the lobby, but not in your room. My wife and I have stayed there a number of times and always enjoyed it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear William,
Thank you for taking the time to share your stellar comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. It was wonderful to read that our rooms are nicely done and "well worth the money" and especially our staff, that you found "very friendly and helpful, from management to maids, maintenance, anyone and everyone". I was also pleased to hear that you and your wife are regular visitors to our beautiful resort, so please don't hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit. I would enjoy meeting you both.

956 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Thank you Bernadette for being a great help to me and my family, we were just there for the Lowrider carshow this past wknd. She was ready and willing to help, with service and questions to near by restaurants, as well and another gentlemen, but I can't remember his name he was there around 9 am when we checked out on Monday 4-15-13 and he recommended the Pantry restaurant and we were very pleased with it....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Igrtz65,
Well, that's two in a row for Bernadette!......and thank you for taking the time to praise her efforts and for choosing Hilton Buffalo Thunder on your recent visit to Santa Fe. Although Bernadette is not a member of our Concierge staff, it sounds like she did a wonderful job answering your questions. Since the remainder of our bell/valet staff are gentlemen, I won't have the name of the team member that you took time to recognize for his efforts.
Thank you again for the stellar review!

Richmond, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This resort is located about 15 miles from downtown Santa Fe. Check-in was a breeze. Jason and Hal did their best to accommodate our requests and was quick to make sure we were taken care of. This property is extremely clean - not just the rooms, but the lobby, fitness center, pool, etc. Serafin at the restaurant makes the best breakfast omelets and the lady with glasses that works the valet is very quick and efficient. Our baby was crying at 4am and my wife called for some milk - Starbucks inside the hotel was closed, but they were quick to have milk delivered to our room at such an early time in the morning. The person who brought it gently knocked on the door to make sure that they didn't wake up anyone else in the room which I thought was very considerate. Definitely going to stay at this hotel again next time I'm in Santa Fe, not just because it's a wonderful resort, but because of people like Hal, Jason, Serafin, and the lady with glasses that works valet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ryan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was so pleased to read that "check-in was a breeze" and that you found the hotel to be extremely clean....guestrooms, fitness center, and pool. We are very proud of our Houskeeping Department, that we feel is one of the best in the industry. I truly appreciate the fact that you recognized several of our team members that provided excellent service to you and your family.
Serafin is a great chef who enjoys creating his specialty omelets for our guests in Painted Parrot. Charlotte is the team member that left the front desk to find milk and deliver it to your room at 4am.......the care and consideration that she shows for our guests is truly genuine. And Bernadette is our "lady with the glasses" in the Valet Department, who provided such quick and efficient service.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort on your next visit to Santa Fe, so please feel free to drop me a line to let me know you're coming.

Front Royal, VA, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

No edible food except Starbucks, inaccessible except for rental car, can't keep track of packages, internet unreliable. Way too expensive for something more like the NoTell Motel. It was clean, rooms OK

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear _____,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I will do my best to respond to your recent review, however will need more specific information to reference. In regards to "no edible food".....we have a total of 7 restaurants on property, all with excellent reputations, so please help me by identifying the ones that you tried. I will also ask that you assit me with your inaccessible comment (rental car), which was unclear to me. I can assure you that we have an excellent tracking system for tracking packages, so please let me know where you had concerns with an arriving package. I agree that there have been concerns with our Internet signal, which we continue to work on perfecting. Based on your comments, it's obvious that we haven't been 100% successful. We do however, have complimentary high-speed internet access via Apple and Microsoft computers in our business center for your convenience. I was happy to read that you felt our hotel was clean.
I will ask that you please contact me personally via telephone or email, as I would like to have more specifics on the problems that you mentioned, however did not specify. This will give me the opportunity to follow up on all of your concerns. Thank you again for your comments.

505-714-2000
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff is always very kind when I visit. Dawn Osborne at check-in is quite possibly the personable and nicest hotel employee I've ever dealt with. The restaurants are great and the artwork is amazing - unlike any other Hilton I've been in. They did a really great job bringing the Native American lifestyle to life.

• Stayed April 2013
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Texasjava,
Really pleased to hear that Hilton Buffalo Thunder is "always a great experience". Thank you for pointing out that Dawn Osborn provided such a warm welcome and that she is one of the nicest hotel employees that you have ever dealt with. It was also wonderful to hear that our restaurants were great and that the artwork was amazing.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful impressions of our resort and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Michigamme
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here for the first time for a work conference. The conference facilities were nicely appointed with refreshed supplies and coffee regularly. All AV equipment was working properly and room temperatures were very comfortable.

I had a king room, bed was comfortable. Room was nicely decorated and appointed. Housekeeping did a fantastic job with the room each day and it was cleaned early and quickly.

Hotel staff was very courteous and friendly.

Visited spa while here and would highly reccomend. They had specials not advertised on the website. Front desk staff again, friendly and helpful. My massage and facial were wonderful. So was the access to the private steam and sauna rooms. No larger sized robes though, and so I was a bit uncomfortable between services.

Casino is nicely appointed with lots to choose from and well staffed tables. Gaming room is a bit too warm for my tastes though.

Food in the hotel was hit and miss. Mica was fantastic so was 24 hour deli. The buffett was so so. The diner in the casino, just avoid its over-priced terrible food. But that's the only bad thing I can say about my stay.

Dear Chappies Family,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. It was wonderful to read that you stayed here for a conference and were still able to enjoy many of the amenities that we have to offer. I was especially pleased to hear that you felt our hotel staff was courteous and friendly and that the Housekeeping staff did a "fantastic job with the room each day". Your recommendations on the Spa were much appreciated and I can assure you that larger robes have already been ordered. Your comments to our Spa Manager, Dianna Thomsen were heard and she has taken immediate action. I was disappointed that our Painted Parrot buffet was only so so, however pleased that you found Mica "fantastic".
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your impressions on our fantastic resort. I look forward to welcoming all of you back on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here for only a short time, but thought that it was a nice place to stay. I was worried that the hotel would smell like smoke since there is a casino in it, but I was very happy that there was no stench. The room was nice and had enough space for me and my husband. I wish that we were staying in Santa Fe longer because I would have liked to have a chance to go to the spa. There were many different restaurants, and a starbucks!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Taylor,
Well, I also wish that you had more time to enjoy our beautiful resort, however appreciate you taking the time to share your brief comments. The Hilton Buffalo Thunder is truly a spectacular resort with a 27-hole champoinship golf course (not sure if you're a golfer!), indoor and outdoor pools, world-class spa and five restaurants to choose from.
Please stay a little longer next time and take in all of the amenities that we have, in addition to everything that Santa Fe has to offer.

Hal Leonard

Been to Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder? Share your experiences!