“Very good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Santa Clara, California
“Very good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast had a number of options to choose from. The hotel is also nearby a number of chain restaurants. There was ample parking space for cars. Overall the stay of 1 night was very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank TheSolo

St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed here for two nights and were very comfortable. The room was a good size and clean. The staff were very helpful, one was even doing Henna Tattoos, which our granddaughter took advantage of and loved when it was done. The lobby area is very attractive, breakfast is also here with several tables laid out. The breakfast is very good, lots of choice: cereal, boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, yoghurt, toast , fruit and waffles. We ould definitely stay here again, if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank VoyageurIntrepide
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

If you are looking for something not fancy and just a place to sleep for the night this place is perfect. Looks and smells very clean, beds were very comfortable, service was great. Safe area. Nothing about the place was terrible at all, our room was on the second floor, and we were very happy for what we paid for. Breakfast was ok- standard waffles, cereal, bread, juice, coffee.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jillian K
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

You should have realistic expectations for a hotel like this. I had a wonderful experience considering the $41 I paid per night. It's not the Ritz-Carlton but $41 does not grab a room service there.

PRO:
Clean
Welcoming and accommodating staff. They were very apologetic of the renovations they were doing.
Great shower head.

CONS:
It was a bit warm at night due to little air circulation, but opening the window let in minor street noise. Very picky, but it was a fact.

I will definitely stay at this location if I come back to Santa Fe with the same budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the hotel parking lot side. A room on the lower floors is probably cooler as well...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Scott R
Coupeville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Super 8 that is a little further out from Santa Fe's downtown than the newer one. It only took a few minutes to drive into town so we didn't mind. The service was excellent, lots of free parking, the room was a good size ( not tiny), the air conditioning adequate, and bed very comfortable. A number of years ago, I stayed at the very expensive La Fonda in downtown Santa Fe, and I can say the Super 8 - though not a historic site like La Fonda - has better rooms for a quarter of the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chrisco1551
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The AC was off when we arrived and the rooms were hot and smelled of cigarette smoke. When I got into bed, the blankets and sheets had rips and holes in them and the fitted sheet was falling off the bed, exposing the mattress. I felt very gross staying here.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Gearys912

Travelers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

In all fairness, this review is a little different than most in that I did not actually stay here - after seeing the place I left. I read other reviews prior to booking here, but ignored the "terrible" ratings. I should have paid more attention. The first thing I noticed was the marquis touting "renovated." When I entered the parking lot from the rear of the building, I noticed a large debris pile stacked up with carpeting, wood scraps and just junk - not a good start. The exterior was in the process of renovation with caulking and stucco repairs criss crossing the walls - apparently in anticipation of fresh paint. We walked into the lobby, crossing over badly cracked concrete at the approach apron. The lobby had the appearance of being old and needing some sprucing up. I asked the young lady if we could look at the room - she was pleasant and said "certainly." I asked if the place had been recently renovated - she smiled and said "Oh, you must have seen the sign. Actually it is the conference room that has been renovated." She then handed me the key to room 429 - which is in the basement. Really? Room 429 is on the lowest level? Weird. After taking the elevator down one floor, we entered the hallway and were instantly slammed with horrible odors - a mix of mildew and someone cooking food with no ventilation. As another reviewer said after walking this same hallway - "I should have left then." We unlocked the door and glanced in - it was dark, and the overwhelming odors followed us in. Unlike the previous reviewer, we did leave. Returning the key to the young woman, I apologised for not taking the room - she smiled and said "I understand - it's no problem."
I can tolerate renovations, but this place was a disaster. Just the smell alone tells you what to expect. I don't normally stay at Super 8 and this place convinced me why. Would I return? Maybe, but not until the renovation is 100% complete.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple