“Unpretentious” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Antwerp, Belgium
“Unpretentious”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Clean rooms en comfortable beds. AC didn't work in our 2 rooms, but with open window we had a cool breeze! WiFi was not accesible with iPad or iPod, slow on cellphones. Breakfast was OK, like in other motels. The motel is close to downtown Santa Fe.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Santa Fe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We arrived and entered our room which was hot, no air conditioning turned on. It was dark and only had three lamps in the room, which were dull. The tv turned on but had no cable. Wifi worked though. The sheets had cigarette burned markings and holes in them and the sheets were placed in the bed inside out. It was a non-smoking room but the room and hallway smelled smoky as well. The walls and door were paper-thin and you could hear kids running up and down the halls all night until 4 am. The front desk did nothing. Kids were swearing and drinking and running around; sounded more like a frat house than a hotel. The breakfast consisted of two or three items. IT IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!! Santa Fe was beautiful and we were thankful there was plenty to do and see so we didn't have to go back to the motel.

• Stayed June 2014
Albuquerque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I had always had good experiences with Super 8. I had booked my hotel with a site as use. I am a travel agent and I do read ratings. This hotel failed to tell the site I used that they were under renovation. When I got there last night it seemed ok nothing spectacular but ok. It smelled a bit old and moldy. When I got back from dinner the entire floor was ripped up and the baseboards were missing off the walls which revealed what looked like mold. I should of checked out then but I didn't. I was gone the entire day to find they were starting to lay carpet in the hallways. This is a problem for me because I have allergies to formaldehyde and sure would of appreciated a heads up. I called the company I use and they said the hotel refused to refund me for the night I was leaving. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. I am a travel agent and will not allow ANY of my clients to book in ANY Super 8 again. Can not unclick the location or sleep quality. Only things that would get a better rating.

Room Tip: I would call hotel to find out if renovations are being done before I stay anywhere again.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Super 8 is clean and well-maintained. Our room had great A/C, TV, and fridge.

The tub/shower is very cheap though (a cheap plastic insert) that creaks and makes a lot of noise, so if you're on the first floor, you can hear the creaking above you in the morning.

The Super 8 is about 15 minutes from downtown, but there's a great bus that runs right down Cerrillos Street, that google maps doesn't tell you about. We took it into downtown, and while it took us 30 minutes, it allowed us to go out for a bunch of drinks and not worry, and only costs $1/ride. More info here: http://www.santafenm.gov/route_maps_and_schedules

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor, you won't hear as much noise
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Santa Fe? Share your experiences!