“Great Super 8” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Westminster, Colorado
“Great Super 8”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend for a quick getaway from Denver. Great value. Our room was very nice for the money, staff was attentive and courteous. Have stayed a quite a few Super 8s across the US, this was one of the better ones for sure! Would go back!

Room Tip: Try the suite, not a lot extra, but lots of room. Funny thing was the suite we had provided two toi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I will take you step by step on this horrible experience:
1. We have to change rooms because the bathtub faucet is leaking so badly- it's loud and wasteful (for a city so devoted to saving water, I am surprised that this Super 8 location doesn't seem to care..)
2. The T.V. doesn't work in our new room.
3. I go to the lobby for a little breakfast and some coffee. As I am preparing my coffee, a worker walks up next to me and as she tries to replace one of the coffee thermoses, she spills hot coffee on my arm and shirt. I flinch back just in time so I am only spattered with coffee and not seriously burned. The "manager" on duty asks me if I am burned. I am luckily not hurt, so I just shake my head at her thinking, "wow..." After returning to my room and thinking the situation over, I go back to the front desk and told her that it was incredibly careless and dangerous for that worker to replace the coffee thermoses when guests are standing right next to them. She apologized, but didn't seem very sincere. I asked her what would have happened if I was injured? I told her they would have a lawsuit on their hands. She then told me that it was an accident, it's not like the worker did it on purpose and since the "manager" did not seem to get it, I kept having to repeat myself that they were not being safe. At this point, my voice is raised and the conversation gets a little heated on both ends. She is getting an attitude with me, so I say "you know, I think I'll check out today". She then said "Good! I want you to check out, please check out!" I let her know that she needs to practice better customer service and when I picked up the hotel card to call the hotel manager, she said "you know you're just calling the hotel right?" I was livid and left because I didn't trust my temperment at this point. I meet my boyfriend in the car and tell him what happened. He goes to make sure we get our money back for the second night and repeats to her that they need to be more careful. I will be filing a complaint with the corporate office- hopefully, they will know who the manager on duty was (she did not tell me her name and she was not wearing a name tag).

If you are staying in Santa Fe, I urge you to look somewhere else for lodging. It is unsafe at the Super 8 and the employees are disrespectful and not very smart.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

What a mistake, read reviews and believe them. Dirty , out dated ,and service does not exist. The only lower floor room they had was in a basement style area and damp and smelly . Noise from rooms above was terrible , got up for a less than average breakfast and drove off tired due to no sleep.

Room Tip: no good rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Bud S, Manager at Super 8 Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property,
My apologies for your unfortunate stay. Please give me a call to discuss the issues during your stay. We're always looking for ways to improve our facility and hospitality.