I will take you step by step on this horrible experience:
1. We have to change rooms because the bathtub faucet is leaking so badly- it's loud and wasteful (for a city so devoted to saving water, I am surprised that this Super 8 location doesn't seem to care..)
2. The T.V. doesn't work in our new room.
3. I go to the lobby for a little breakfast and some coffee. As I am preparing my coffee, a worker walks up next to me and as she tries to replace one of the coffee thermoses, she spills hot coffee on my arm and shirt. I flinch back just in time so I am only spattered with coffee and not seriously burned. The "manager" on duty asks me if I am burned. I am luckily not hurt, so I just shake my head at her thinking, "wow..." After returning to my room and thinking the situation over, I go back to the front desk and told her that it was incredibly careless and dangerous for that worker to replace the coffee thermoses when guests are standing right next to them. She apologized, but didn't seem very sincere. I asked her what would have happened if I was injured? I told her they would have a lawsuit on their hands. She then told me that it was an accident, it's not like the worker did it on purpose and since the "manager" did not seem to get it, I kept having to repeat myself that they were not being safe. At this point, my voice is raised and the conversation gets a little heated on both ends. She is getting an attitude with me, so I say "you know, I think I'll check out today". She then said "Good! I want you to check out, please check out!" I let her know that she needs to practice better customer service and when I picked up the hotel card to call the hotel manager, she said "you know you're just calling the hotel right?" I was livid and left because I didn't trust my temperment at this point. I meet my boyfriend in the car and tell him what happened. He goes to make sure we get our money back for the second night and repeats to her that they need to be more careful. I will be filing a complaint with the corporate office- hopefully, they will know who the manager on duty was (she did not tell me her name and she was not wearing a name tag).
If you are staying in Santa Fe, I urge you to look somewhere else for lodging. It is unsafe at the Super 8 and the employees are disrespectful and not very smart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel in Santa Fe offers free Wi-Fi, a deluxe continental breakfast with biscuits & gravy and hot waffles. The downtown Plaza and St Francis Cathedral are a 15-minute drive away.Rooms at the Super 8 Santa Fe include a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, Satellite TV with SHOWTIME and free safes for guests. Select rooms offer a lounge chair and table. Mini Suites offer a pull out couch.24-hout front desk and free on-site parking with security patrol at night as well as CCTV security cameras monitoring the property. Laundry facilities and a fitness center are also available.The Santa Fe Convention Center and Georgia O'Keeffe Museum are both within a 15-minute drive of this Super 8 hotel. The New Mexico State Capitol is 10 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Super 8 Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- Super Eight Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Super Eight
- Santa Fe Super 8