“Not sure I'd stay here again.” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Santa Fe
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3358 Cerrillos Road, I-25 Exit 278, Santa Fe, NM 87507   |
Ranked #40 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Mesa, Arizona
“Not sure I'd stay here again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Located at 3139 Cerrilos Road, Santa Fe. This Super 8 is modern, clean and the rooms are spacious, and they have a really nice complimentary breakfast. We stayed there on a Friday night in August 2011 on a recent cross country motorcycle tour. Unfortunately a party started up around 10 PM in a room near us and it went on for some time before finally being shut down. Additionally, the front desk lady showed us the room and explained that the TV remote didn't work properly. Yup!. I had to get up every time I needed to adjust volume, which was a real bummer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Worth, TX USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Very accomodating staff, and so quiet we never heard our neighbors. This is a comfortable, no-frills hotel and I would not hestiate to stay there again. Hot, plentiful breakfast provided. A good value at a time when prices are sky high for Indian market.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

This hotel is well located - not far from downtown, or the airport or the main highways. We had A LOT of luggage, so we requested a room on the main floor. No problem. They pointed us to the luggage racks on wheels and encouraged us to use those. The room was a king, non-smoking and did NOT smell like smoke (nice bonus from most budget hotels). The furnishings were typical, the room was clean, there was a fridge (another bonus), and a clean shower and bathtub that worked as expected. We appreciated the free IN ROOM wi-fi. The extra features here were a coffee/tea machine which was available for use 24 hours. They also offered a basic HOT breakfast here that one normally does not find at a budget hotel. The staff were all friendly, professional and helpful. Great place to stay while in Santa Fe.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Cedar City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

When I first arrived I thought this would be a great place. The building and lobby looked very nice. Also, the room was nice and roomy.
But then I noticed that instead of a smoke detector on the ceiling, there were just two bare wires hanging down. Looks like it had a problem, and nobody bothered to replace it.
Also this is the only Super 8 room that I have stayed in that didn't have a refrigerator.
This motel is very large there must be at least 200 rooms, but only one ice machine. As a result, the ice machine was always out of ice - no matter what time of day I tried it.
There was a public computer in lobby, but it had an "out of order" sign on it all three days I stayed there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

not the phone, not my shower, not the ice machine and certainly not my wake up call which I ordered after being woken up by an extremely loud group of people in the hall at 2.30am because I knew I wouldn't wake up in time for breakfast without one. Which of course with no wake up call I missed. Not that the girl behind reception gave a s&^t.

When I say my shower didn't work I mean the water came out the bath tap but wouldn't come out of the shower head and the toilet struggled to flush. A/C was noisy.

Person behind the desk was extremely unhelpful... no I really shouldn't have to come all the way to the front desk to make a local phone call because the phone in my room doesn't work and telling me that I should do so IS NOT HELPFUL.

WORST HOTEL I HAVE STAYED AT IN AMERICA YET.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Fort Qu'appelle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

The title says it all. Decent room, good staff, $39 price was excellent value in an expensive market. I would stay there again.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

I booked based on traveladvisor reviews and usually the reviews are a good indicator of what you can expect but not true for this hotel. paid $43+tax=$49 for nonrefundable advanced payment; stayed next day at quality inn on 3011 cerrilos for $47+tax=$54 with much nicer accomodations and much better service. when booking, asked for top floor room in back. at check-in given ground floor in front with window right on street. when asked for second floor, receptionist asked for extra $20 in demeaning manner. receptionist rude and discourteous. tiny room was dump with CRT TV with poor reception and rickety cheap broken down furniture. morning breakfast was decent though. will never stay here again, instead stay at quality inn on 3011 cerrillos. had one computer with free internet service that worked in evening but not in morning; exercise room has one bike and one weight machine and that is it

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Santa Fe? Share your experiences!