“Good home base..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Santa Fe KOA Cabins and Campground

Santa Fe KOA Cabins and Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Santa Fe KOA Cabins and Campground
You added Santa Fe KOA Cabins and Campground to your Saves list
934 Old Las Vegas Highway, Exit 290 or 294 off 1-25, Santa Fe, NM 87505   |
Bryan, Texas
“Good home base..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here several days. Even thought it's out of the way (not in Santa Fe), it's close enough to enjoy day trips into the forest and other area attractions.

My kid's only regret was that there is no swimming pool. Other than that the staff is very friendly as were the other guests that we met while we where there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Gallup, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We rented a cabin for $52 a night. I really like the KOA cabins and think that they are a good deal for travelers on a budget. We got the basic camping cabin, where we had to walk to the bathroom. Bathrooms were super clean. They have a very nice patio area and a gas grill campers can use. They are currently under a burn ban. I liked the recycling at the campground. No pool, but they did have a playground for kids. We will stay here again.

It is a good spot for exploring the area. We took the high road to Taos. They gave us information in the camground office, but next time I will take a real map; not the one in the Santa Fe brochure. We spent much of the trip wondering if we were on the right road.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed at campground over labor day weekend 2013 ,very clean and staff very friendly, went on a solo camping/hiking/bikin trip i had a blast ,highly recomended,i will be back LDWeekend 2014 with some family members

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Pulled into the campground after another long drive with our trailer through the New Mexico winds. Sat and waited at the front counter for the owner to get off the phone, which is fine but there was no acknowledgement of my presence, except by their dog that peed all over the floor at my feet. When he was finished on the phone and the pee mopped up we were taken to our site. Now let me start by saying this is a very nice campground and well planned out given the space they have. The owners and staff are friendly and helpful. The bathrooms are clean and very well maintained as are the showers. The sites are level and dry. The store is well stocked and they offer propane fills. Unfortunately the cons. The sites are very small. Of the three KOAs we stayed at in NM these were definitely the smallest sites. I was told they were building a dog park and waiting for their materials to arrive and hopefully it includes some grass because there is none to be found here. There was a lot of barking coming from somewhere in the campground but I didn't go to find it. The playground is old but not too bad as kids don't really care, just us parents who have to take the splinters out of their hands from the see-saw.
Traffic noise wasn't too bad as others have posted but I was in a trailer. The drive into town isn't too bad but I do suggest taking the highway to get there quicker.
The wifi was sketchy but we were told that when we checked in. I guess the best spot is in front at the office. This should be an easy fix that hopefully the owners work on. This is a new age and unfortunately in order to get away we sometimes still need to be connected. I couldn't even get my emails at my campsite.
All in all it's not a bad place. But when you charge at certain price points though there are expectations that should be met. I can't say the cost and return were fair in our case.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is in a beautiful setting. Stayed here at the end of March, so it was the "off" season. Not many campers at the time, but enough not to feel isolated. Owners very hospitable. Not too far from the freeway, but heard very little fwy noise. Right next to two lane road, but it has very little traffic. It is a little far out of town, so plan your trips accordingly. I enjoyed being away from the city, but close enough to get there fairly easily.

Bathrooms up to date and very clean! Had fine cell reception at my campsite (G-2). Roadways within the park and campsites are gravel, which didn't bother me. I like a more rustic feel. Some of the campsites were fairly close together; Could be close quarters during the high season. For the off season it was lovely, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Vidor, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

While a little out of the way, this KOA was laid out very nice and was very clean. You're about 10 minutes from Santa Fe sites, an 1:30 from Taos. They were working on the dog park so dogs had to go elsewhere. Nice overall. Ask for a place near the back where it's quiet.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Out traveling in a van for 6 weeks. Mostly boondocking at free BLM sites and inexpensive state parks. Ended up her twice as our first visit was so nice. Friendly camp hosts, very clean and inviting showers, nice laundry facilities on site and free wi-fi at the camp store. Price was about twice what NM state parks are, but the it was still very nice for the price. Our only suggestion would be a stronger wi fi connection. It only worked by the store and even then a bit weak. With the hills there may be no solution for that. The friendliness of the hosts made up for that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple