This was the 3rd of 3 KOAs I stayed in during a solo trip across UT/NM last week, and though it had some advantages, was probably my least favorite and the one I wouldn't use again.
- MUCH further from town than I anticipated, not terrible if that's not where you're trying to go, but driving back into town for dinner, even at the insane speeds they drive there it was 20 minutes each way.
- If that meant that it had unbelievable scenery and quiet that could be worth it, but as others have noted it is literally right next to a two lane highway, and not too far from the freeway. My site was about 20 feet from the road, and others were even closer.
- It was the tiniest site possible, though well prepared to be easy for setup - a gravel/clay pad that my crummy tent pegs had no problems with. There were half a dozen cigarette butts in the gravel around my site.
- Bathrooms were fine, no issues for me there.
- The cell phone hotspot is the only way you'll get reception, and it's not super powerful. I didn't try the wifi.
When I go back, I'd still love to camp, but only if I can find something a bit closer to town OR not right next to a road.
Ask for a spot away from the road if at all possible. Make sure you are clear if you plan to have mo...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.