“Great value and location” 4 of 5 stars

Santa Fe Motel and Inn
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   510 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Altus, Oklahoma
“Great value and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We spent a weekend here over 4th of July weekend. It was our first time in Santa Fe and we had one of the casitas in the back. The motel is very conveniently located to downtown, with everything being within a 15 minute walk at most. The other reviews are on point about the breakfast here; there's a good selection of fresh fruit, steel cut oats, and the fixings for a breakfast burrito. The room itself was a little smaller than I expected for a casita, but the bed was enormous and it was comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful in guiding some of our choices. The wifi in the casitas was pretty terrible, but that's the only negative I would complain about. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Leuven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel was realy fantastic !
Rooms in most hotels we stayed in during our 3 week trip through the US all look the same.
But not the rooms her ! They're in a cosy santa fe style, warm and colorful, ... They realy make you feel welcome !
Bottles of water were avalable for free upon arrival in each room.
The excellent breakfast is served on a beautiful patio. The owner, the lady at the frontdesk, the ladies serving our breakfasr, ... they were al extremely helpful and friendly and they gave us a lot of advice about things to see and where to go.
At noon, we could use the patio to eat our own picknick.
Downtown Santa fe is within walking distance and so are some good restaurants.
There's no swimming pool but even our teenage kids didn't miss that for a minute !!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I've been staying here for 20+ years and I never look elsewhere unless necessary. This is a great bargain within a 5 minute walk of the square. But on its own it is terrific. Small but immaculate rooms with very comfortable beds, free WiFi, exposed vegas, a wonderful free breakfast on a patio with a fireplace. The have two casitas, small stand alone houses and I've stayed in them in the past. The price is as good as you'll get in the downtown area. There are restaurants near by and it is essentially on Cerillos Road for others outside of down and it's a short walk to the downtown places. Very friendly and helpful staff. A great deal all around.

Room Tip: There are two choices; the main building rooms all with a small seating area and the two separate ca...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Renton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The person with whom I was traveling made the reservation, and the hotel was different from what I had anticipated. I assumed there would be a swimming pool, but the absence of one turned out not to be an issue. We were busy, and didn't have time to be sitting by a pool. The included daily breakfast was very good, and I found all the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. Kim at the front desk went out of her way to answer questions, obtain reservations for the shuttle to the opera, and print our airline boarding passes. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I would look at one of the casitas.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Santa Fe Motel and Inn is truly lovely. The rooms are comfortable and clean - decorated in the authentic Santa Fe style. Little touches make this place a delightful stand out: fresh cookies and ice tea upon arrival, tiny chili peppers perched upon the towels, the creeping vines covering the the front of the property, the truly friendly staff, and an outstanding breakfast. I definitely do not expect these things from a motel.

The location is great. It's a tad farther from the Plaza than some other places, but it's still walkable. It is extremely close to the Rail Yard part of town (if you have kids - go to the playground there - it's amazing!). Across the street is a tap room (slightly hidden) for a local brewing company.

The only reason I did not give this place 5 stars was that there was some noise from the people upstairs tramping around which caused some sleep issues for me. I would stay here again, but this time, I'd probably request an upstairs room.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room to cut down on the noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We really lucked out in finding this place. Decided to stop in Santa Fe for the night on our way to Denver. We have a dog, so looked online for a place that would take dogs.

All I can say is this place is great. Within walking distance of the Plaza. Room very comfortable and clean. A real jewel. Everything very quaint. Not a fancy hotel, but real southwestern feel.

Staff unbelievably friendly! Great breakfast and treats for the dog. Will definitely go back when in Santa Fe. ( I am very picky)

Room Tip: Ask for a casita with a patio
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is so hard for me to do.. I've been putting off this review for awhile now. My husband and I stayed here when we were celebrating our "baby moon." A baby moon is basically a honeymoon but instead of celebrating your marriage, you celebrate your new addition.. generally before they are born. Anyway, we have stayed at Ten Thousand Waves but wanted to be frugal this time around as it was only one night. The service here is phenomenal. The guy at the front desk was incredibly friendly over the phone and in person. He recommended attractions. He upgraded our room. The breakfast was great for being included. The bed was alright enough. The room was spotless and had gorgeous tiles! I have only seen comparable cleanliness in 5 star hotels. So why the 3 star rating? We just could not sleep here. There was a scratching sound in the walls that we did not hear at all during the day time. We both awoke in a cold sweat because we feared the scratching to be rats. While I don't think that was it, sometimes your mind can play tricks on you at odd hours of the night. Perhaps it was pipes? I will most likely never know. I truly wish that never happened because I would have loved to stay here several times a year. But what is the point in paying for a room if you can't even get a good nights rest in it? Sure, it's pretty.. but do you want sleep? We stayed in the left most room on the bottom floor. My advice - ask for another room.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela H, Owner at Santa Fe Motel and Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
We thank you for recognizing and enjoying the wonderful features of the Santa Fe Motel & Inn. These are just some of the reasons our guests have ranked us 5th out of 60 hotels in Santa Fe. We felt horrible to learn of your disrupted night of sleep. This is the first time we have been informed of a scratching sound in your guest room. We will immediately go into action to investigate and remedy the cause of the noise whether it be a wind driven tree branch or a mouse. We will look forward to your next stay with us wherein we will guarantee you a blissful nights sleep.