“Charming place in convenient location.” 5 of 5 stars

Santa Fe Motel and Inn
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   510 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Charming place in convenient location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent value for a charming, clean place with friendly staff, wonderful breakfast and within walking distance of the Plaza. The casitas are especially nice but the regular room was fine. I highly recommend this.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Visalia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The motel was comfortable, and all the staff we met were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the best complimentary breakfast I have had. There is not much of anything close to the motel. Be prepared to walk a fair distance or drive with the hope of finding parking in this busy tourist town. Do book early to get a room. The motel grounds do provide for places to sit out doors and relax. Should we again travel to Santa Fe, we would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Our room was adequate but small. We did not view the casitas. If you pick a room rather than a cas...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Angela H, Owner at Santa Fe Motel and Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for your kind review and appreciation of our staff and rooms as well as our delicious complimentary full hot breakfast. However we are somewhat perplexed by your ideas about our location since we are only 5 minutes walking to great restaurants, shopping and the farmers market,. Also the plaza is only a 15 minute walk which includes checkling out sites and stores along the way. Most importantly we really appreciate your paying us the ultimate compliment by wanting to stay with us again on your next visit to Santa Fe. Whenever that may be I insist that you ask for me so that I can personally direct you to the many treats and adventures that are within a 5 minute walk of the Santa Fe Motel & Inn.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Staff was very pleasant. The room was reasonably priced and had a lot of charm. If you're going to stay in Santa Fe you might as well get that Santa Fe feel. The hotel also has a very good location for a visitor.

Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My daughter and I stayed in a casita while visiting for the Santa Fe Century bike ride. What a wonderful experience. The staff was wonderful, the breakfast delicious, the room charming and the location perfect. My wife and I are visiting next month for our anniversary; I had booked a casita earlier this month hoping she would like it, now I know she will love it.

Room Tip: My only experience is with a casita but repeat visitors told me the motel rooms are also excellent.
Houston, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We booked out about a month in advance to reserve our room (this place books up pretty quick). You have the option between the motel or casitas. My wife opted for a casita with a fireplace. Upon our check-in in the casita 21 (queen bed, fireplace, patio) we found the smoke smell from the fireplace to be overwhelming. We immediately spoke with the manager and he accommodated us into a different casita #18 (no fireplace, two queens and patio). The new casita was much better for us. Some noise the first night as the window faces the hotel parking on the opposite side but a minor distraction. The room was clean with a desk, large dresser, coffee maker, small refrigerator, microwave, WIFI, and basic bathroom amenities. Patio was nice to relax and private. On the last night we were requested to move to casita #22 (King bed, no fireplace, private patio). Again, very nice. The SFM&I offers hot breakfast each day. The staff does a great job and offers, scrambled eggs, beans, green chile salsa, tortillas, fresh fruit, cereals, steel cut oatmeal, yogurt, breads, coffee, teas and juice. The entire staff at SFM&I was extremely helpful and pleasant!

Room Tip: Casita #22 was very private, King bed, no fireplace. Casita #21 (maybe we got a bad day) had a very...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed at the Santa Fe Motel and Inn recently for two nights. The rooms are cute and compact. Everything you need is there: beds, bath, kitchen, TV, wardrobe, Wi-Fi, table and chairs. The room was not large but met our needs. The kitchen is very compact but functional. We did not do any cooking, but could have--kitchen contains a full set of dinnerware, cookware, toaster, coffee maker and more.
The included breakfast was terrific and Christine tells us she makes everything with "love". I believe it. Everything was wonderful. It is a full hot breakfast with lots of healthy options (gluten free etc). Also lots of cold options including fresh fruit and yogurt.
This hotel is walking distance to the Plaza and the farmers market.
The front desk staff was also very friendly and the check-in process was easy breezy.
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I booked a casita for a 2 night stay. Loved it so much, I delayed the rest of my trip to spend one more day here. I told the front desk when I booked that I had a small dog with me and they suggested Casita 18. It was absolutely perfect with a little tiny enclosed patio and an area where my dog could do his business. He loved that I could keep the door open and he could go in and out as he pleased. For my last night I had to move to another casita (#20) and it was still perfect for me and the dog. The front desk and the breakfast staff were the nicest people you could imagine and very helpful. The morning that I finally did leave, I had breakfast next to the fireplace, which was burning and good thing as it was gently snowing outside. Talk about a magical, perfect ending. Great location, great pricing, I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Room Tip: Loved Casita 18 with 2 beds and Casita 20 had one bed. Both places are small and neither has a fire...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Santa Fe Motel and Inn? Share your experiences!