“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Aurora, Colorado
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My daughter and I stayed in a casita while visiting for the Santa Fe Century bike ride. What a wonderful experience. The staff was wonderful, the breakfast delicious, the room charming and the location perfect. My wife and I are visiting next month for our anniversary; I had booked a casita earlier this month hoping she would like it, now I know she will love it.

Room Tip: My only experience is with a casita but repeat visitors told me the motel rooms are also excellent.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Houston, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We booked out about a month in advance to reserve our room (this place books up pretty quick). You have the option between the motel or casitas. My wife opted for a casita with a fireplace. Upon our check-in in the casita 21 (queen bed, fireplace, patio) we found the smoke smell from the fireplace to be overwhelming. We immediately spoke with the manager and he accommodated us into a different casita #18 (no fireplace, two queens and patio). The new casita was much better for us. Some noise the first night as the window faces the hotel parking on the opposite side but a minor distraction. The room was clean with a desk, large dresser, coffee maker, small refrigerator, microwave, WIFI, and basic bathroom amenities. Patio was nice to relax and private. On the last night we were requested to move to casita #22 (King bed, no fireplace, private patio). Again, very nice. The SFM&I offers hot breakfast each day. The staff does a great job and offers, scrambled eggs, beans, green chile salsa, tortillas, fresh fruit, cereals, steel cut oatmeal, yogurt, breads, coffee, teas and juice. The entire staff at SFM&I was extremely helpful and pleasant!

Room Tip: Casita #22 was very private, King bed, no fireplace. Casita #21 (maybe we got a bad day) had a very...
iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed at the Santa Fe Motel and Inn recently for two nights. The rooms are cute and compact. Everything you need is there: beds, bath, kitchen, TV, wardrobe, Wi-Fi, table and chairs. The room was not large but met our needs. The kitchen is very compact but functional. We did not do any cooking, but could have--kitchen contains a full set of dinnerware, cookware, toaster, coffee maker and more.
The included breakfast was terrific and Christine tells us she makes everything with "love". I believe it. Everything was wonderful. It is a full hot breakfast with lots of healthy options (gluten free etc). Also lots of cold options including fresh fruit and yogurt.
This hotel is walking distance to the Plaza and the farmers market.
The front desk staff was also very friendly and the check-in process was easy breezy.
We would definitely stay there again.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I booked a casita for a 2 night stay. Loved it so much, I delayed the rest of my trip to spend one more day here. I told the front desk when I booked that I had a small dog with me and they suggested Casita 18. It was absolutely perfect with a little tiny enclosed patio and an area where my dog could do his business. He loved that I could keep the door open and he could go in and out as he pleased. For my last night I had to move to another casita (#20) and it was still perfect for me and the dog. The front desk and the breakfast staff were the nicest people you could imagine and very helpful. The morning that I finally did leave, I had breakfast next to the fireplace, which was burning and good thing as it was gently snowing outside. Talk about a magical, perfect ending. Great location, great pricing, I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Room Tip: Loved Casita 18 with 2 beds and Casita 20 had one bed. Both places are small and neither has a fire...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Very convenient for walking to attractions, about 0.4 miles. Room was nice, staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great with fresh fruit, local breads, sausage/eggs/chili/beans. Will be sure to stay again.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Having read most of the reviews, I can confirm the Santa Fe Motel & Inn is a great place to stay. Superb service, great rooms & amenities, value for money, and close enough to all the restaurants and shops.

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This motel-inn was exactly what we needed after a long drive: from the straightforward & helpful check-in to the hearty help-yourself breakfast next morning, the Santa Fe Motel & Inn offered exceptionally friendly service, good value, and nice touches that made us happy to have stayed there. We enjoyed a good bed, good shower, pleasant southwest decor with cute touches; home-cooked breakfast options that provided far more variety and healthy choices than the usual "continental." The motel was located only a short distance (10-15 minute walk) from the historic area, which we visited next morning. We would've loved to stay longer in Santa Fe, but had scheduled only one night--we'd definitely stay here again when we come back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Santa Fe Motel and Inn? Share your experiences!