“Hotel Chimayo de Sante Fe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe

You added Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe to your Saves list
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Washington Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Formerly Hotel Plaza Real) (Downtown)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
Shop 'til You Drop
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Dallas, Texas
“Hotel Chimayo de Sante Fe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I've been to Santa Fe many times, but this was the first time I've stayed at the Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe. It's location is great, just steps off the Plaza and within walking distance to most of the downtown/Plaza area shops and restaurants. The room was really nice, clean, and had a very comfortable bed. We also had a wonderful balcony. We had a room with 2 double beds, large and roomy; but the bathroom was very small and hard to maneuver in. Also, from the front door you have to go up a pretty steep staircase to get to the guestroom itself. So be prepared for the climb upstairs if you want a room with 2 beds. Other than that, the hotel was charming. Friendly and helpful waitstaff and a great outside porch on the front of the hotel to sit out on and just enjoy being there.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if there's a stairway to your room. You might need help with your luggage as man...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Jesse W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Dear dadams242,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodations as well as our great location! Because of how our hotel is laid out, many of our rooms do require stair access only. For next time, inquire about our junior presidential suites as the bathrooms are much more spacious and we have connecting rooms so you can have two beds with that as well as elevator access and a balcony. We hope to see you again in the future!

Jesse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

An excellent location, close to the Plaza. The room was large, clean and furnished in a Mexican style. This is the first hotel room I've stayed in with stairs down to a locked door, strange! The cleaning and reception staff were great, but the barman was pushy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jesse W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Mike W,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hotel Chimayo. I am very glad you enjoyed our rooms and our wonderful location! Our standard size rooms have stairs in the room for adjoining purposes as most of our rooms require stair access. Next time you visit us please be sure to inquire about rooms that do not have the stairs inside as we have many room type options. I am glad you found most of the staff to be great and I will absolutely address the barman issue as we want to make sure all of our hotel staff is welcoming and friendly. We hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is charming, clean, comfortable and just steps away from the plaza and outstanding restaurants. It's also very reasonably priced for its location and atmosphere, including large rooms, many with balconies, and a lovely court yard. The staff is so accommodating. We brought kayaks on our roof so we couldn't fit in the underground parking. With street parking nonexistent due to Zozobra, the staff made special arrangements for our boats. Thanks Anthony, Jordan, and Carlos. This is definitely our favorite hotel in Santa Fe.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Amy S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am very glad you enjoyed the accommodations and found one of our great price options! We really want to make sure all of our guests needs are taken care of so even though storing large objects is not something we normally do, I am so glad to hear we found a good solution for you. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Thanks you,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

My sister-in-law and I visit Santa Fe every year, and this hotel is the only place we will ever stay. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are luxurious but not overly expensive, and the location can't be beat. We absolutely love this hotel and can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jesse W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Angelasnapp,
Thank you so much for you wonderful comments! We are very pleased to have you as our loyal guests, and look forward to your next stay with us!

Tularosa, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

The location of Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe can't be beat! The staff are very friendly, the rooms clean and well appointed. The ambiance is very nice. The rooms open on to a nice courtyard and are very quiet. Definitely will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jesse W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear percyqh55,
Thank you so much for taking the time you review your stay with us! I am very glad you enjoyed your accommodations. We are proud of the costumer service we provide, so I am happy to hear the staff reflected that in their service to you. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

There could not be a better location in Santa Fe. Located in the center of things, you never need use of a car. Actually the traffic congestion is a bit overwhelming, so stay on foot or bike. The staff could not be friendlier, including there affection toward my dog. yes, they allow dogs, with a fee, but nothing outrageous.

My room was on the street level, which I thought would be an issue, but it was not. The only thing was, I could not really open the curtains, as people were walking by. The decor was Santa Fe, as expected. There televisions, well let's just say they were not flat screens. My room entered through a beautiful courtyeard, had a small table and chair, and did have a small living room too. Yes dogs are allowed, however, there was some barking going on. My dog is pretty quiet, but when other dogs start, it was a bit of a drag. This was not an issue in the evening at all though. A few drawbacks: VERY small bathroom and no coffee in am. When I say small bathroom, I mean small for one person.

there is no restaurant, however, a great bar connected and they have a wonderful front porch where you can enjoy food and drink. Additionally, the dog was permitted in both these areas. A huge plus.

I would stay here again! I have stayed at the El Dorardo in the past, and liked this much more! The El Dorado was more of a conventiony type hotel. This was much more enjoyable. I should also mentioned, I used hotels tonight app. to obtain this room at an amazing rate. If your willing to wait until noon the day of stay, it is a great deal. I stayed an extra day, and they gave me the same rate without reserving it again on the site. Very nice.

Room Tip: You may want to stay on an upper floor to enjoy view??
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear jbmissner,
I'm so glad you found the location of our hotel to be convenient for your travel needs. Costumer service is very important to us so we appreciate your feedback and I will address your suggestion immediately. We are currently working on most of the concerns you expressed so the next time you stay with us we hope it exceeds your expectations. We are proudly a dog friendly hotel and I am so glad you found the public areas a nice option to enjoy yourself with your dog! I'm glad you found a good rate and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Seguin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Chimayo in June for a business trip, and this was my third time staying here. The rooms are not spectacular, but they are spacious and decorated in the spirit of the southwest. It is a great value, especially for State or Federal employees - be sure to ask about the government rate - they honor the US per diem scale, which is wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jesse W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Katie S.
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on your stay with us. I am glad you were able to utilize our great government rate and that you enjoyed the accommodations. We hope to see you again soon!

Jesse

Been to Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe? Share your experiences!