“Love the Hotel Chimayo and always stay here while visiting Santa Fe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe

You added Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe to your Saves list
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Washington Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Formerly Hotel Plaza Real) (Downtown)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
'Tis the Season-Save 25%
Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Oakland
“Love the Hotel Chimayo and always stay here while visiting Santa Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here over Memorial Day weekend and received a room upgrade which made our vacation even better! Lovely room, helpful desk staff, and obviously a great housekeeping staff as well. Suite was huge, well decorated, comfortable, fireplaces, balconies! Loved the Frette linens and the Gilchrist & Soames soaps/shampoo/lotions. The location alone would make it an excellent place to stay. So much within easy walking distance! If my husband gets tired he can go back to the room while I tour museums, art galleries, shops, art fairs, shop at the Native American vendors, etc. Also plenty of terrific restaurants within an easy walk. No need to fight the traffic. The front desk staff helped me locate supplies to send a package back home. No reason to stay anywhere else. Also, Hotel Chimayo has an on-site bar.

Room Tip: Prices here are considerably less than other hotels within walking distance of the Plaza. So, go ah...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jesse W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Excelemv,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Hotel Chimayo based on your previous stay with us. I am very glad you enjoyed the hotel as well as what we have to offer in the area. It is our pleasure we were able to give you an upgraded room and I am so happy you enjoyed the accommodations. We hope to see you again soon!

Jesse W.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed at Hotel Chimayo for a 4-day work trip. Hotel is very nice and fits well with Santa Fe's theme. Rooms are spacious and amenities are average. Prices are reasonable and clean-factor was Ok. Location is great. Very central to Santa Fe's happening area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear NJA-TA,
Thank you for your feedback on Hotel Chimayo. We are glad you enjoyed the decor and location of our property. We hope you choose to stay with us again when returning to the area.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My teenage daughter and I went to Santa Fe for a long weekend and I wanted to stay in a hotel that would embody the spirit of Santa Fe - not a big chain hotel. After researching dozens of hotels I decided on this one, based on the location, the atmosphere, and the price, which I felt was a great value.

We drove to Santa Fe and, upon arriving, it was a bit challenging to find a place to park to just to check in but then we were shown where the hotel garage was and, from that point, only used our car once during our stay. There is an additional daily fee for parking but that was the only add-on to our room rate.

I would say the top features of this hotel are definitely the location, character, and cleanliness. The location simply can't be beat for the price - within easy walking distance to all the major attractions in Santa Fe. Also, I am a bit queasy about hotel hygiene but felt very comfortable in this one.

The main downside, which was a 'biggie', was that I had reserved a room with two double beds but ended up with a suite with one king-sized bed. I had even called a couple of days before my trip to confirm our reservation and make sure we got a room with two beds. As soon as I realized we had a room with one king bed I asked to be moved and was told they did not have any more rooms available with two double beds. Major disappointment since I am a light sleeper and my daughter kicks a lot in her sleep! The service desk offered to give us bed linens so we could use the fold out sofa/bed but the cushions on that were hardly comfortable for sleeping. The hotel did "comp" us by waiving the daily parking fee but that still didn't make up for several nights of poor sleep.

The room itself was nice and had fun, local character, It would have been great if not for the major mistake of only having one bed. The bathroom area is tiny, tiny. The toilet/bathtub room is barely large enough to turn around in and the sink countertop was very crowded. We definitely had to take turns using that area but it was, again, very clean. It was nice having a separate living area, which was spacious. The wet bar with fridge also came in handy.

Would I stay there again? I'm not sure I trust them to get my reservation right. Since it is a small boutique hotel, there aren't a lot of alternate options if they get your room wrong.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Brazilchild,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here at Hotel Chimayo, as well as our location. Cleanliness is extremely important to us, so we appreciate you letting us know it was up to your standards. I'm so sorry you did not receive the room type your reservation was booked for, I can imagine this is very frustrating. If you return to Santa Fe we hope you choose to give us another chance to make it up to you. I would be happy to personally ensure you receive the correct accommodations. Please let me know if I can do anything to further assist you.

Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

In early May 2014, we traveled from OKC to Las Vegas (NV), and decided to stop over in Santa Fe for a day to rest and see the sights.

We selected Hotel Chimayo based on the many wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor and the proximity to the Plaza. We were not disappointed in the least. Just steps away from amazing dining options, museums and shopping.

Hotel Chimayo offers a very quaint and comfortable atmosphere. Everything from the staff to the wood burning fireplace we felt warm and welcome. Upon check-in, we were greeted with a map of the Plaza and recommendations to incredible dining options, as well as a local discount card to various eateries and shops. In early May, the weather was cool and rainy, so we were delighted to come back to our room with the option to warm-up by a blazing wood-burning fire. Please note: must request a staff member to start the fireplace. We requested this service twice during our two-night stay, and the request was responded to quickly.

The room (Oratorio Deluxe DLB Queen) is large and comfortable. A long hallway separates the two-room suite. The first room is spacious with a sofa, TV, wet bar (microwave & mini fridge) and a fireplace. The second room held two queen beds with luxurious bed linens, a TV and a chair/ottoman. My only small complaint was the bathroom, as it is a bit dated and small.

Overall, we had a grand experience in Santa Fe and if we decide to explore the area again, we will definitely stay at Hotel Chimayo.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Shanna G.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hotel Chimayo. I am glad our agents referred you to dinning options you enjoyed in the area, and that your requests were attended to quickly. We appreciate your feedback, and I am looking into the options we have to improve our restroom space and amenities. We hope to see you again soon!

Jesse
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We live in Albuquerque and decided to take a mini vacation for a weekend in Santa Fe. This hotel is a fantastic location to walk around the Plaza. The hotel has an old, quaint feel. The room we had included a fireplace, although too warm to use, it would be so nice in the colder months. The staff was fantastic. Very attentive and helpful. My husband had purchased a coupon type package for a stay at this hotel. We did have some issues with this package, as the employees did not seem to know anything about any packages being offered. (He did have a confirmation email showing all of the specifics) They were appropriately apologetic and we had such a pleasant time anyway that we chose not to make too big of an issue about it. My only constructive criticism would be to whomever created the packages to make sure everyone involved knows about them. Also, we learned after we arrived that the restaurant attached to the hotel is closed. There are plenty of other food choices very close. There is a bar attached that had great drinks. We get to Santa Fe quite often but do not usually stay overnight. When we do, we will definitely come back here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jesse W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Stephanie A.
Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed your visit, and even though we are close, I'm glad it still felt like a vacation when staying here. Its great to hear that you enjoyed the decor and the staff treated you well. I do apologize for the confusion on your room package. We are looking at new ways to improve the communication so that all of our staff is fully aware of all the packages the hotel offers. We are also looking to get a restaurant for the hotel as soon as possible even with all the options in the area. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Jesse W
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We had a great experience at this beautiful hotel! The staff was very helpful and got us checked in early. Our room was accessed by a locked private stairway, the decor was beautiful and the beds luxurious and comfy. We would definitely stay here again should we re-visit beautiful Santa Fe.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
TNLAlbuquerque, General Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear SuzieQ642,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us the feedback on your recent stay at the Hotel Chimayo. We truly appreciate you business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Helga
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Coziest hotel ever! Large and spacious rooms, no complaints. The restaurant staff was on point, attentive, fast and welcoming. Lunch/Dinner are great but breakfast is even better. This town is lovely!!

Room Tip: Great for a weekend getaway. The best time to visit is when it snows.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Margie C.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you choose Hotel Chimayo for your next visit to Santa Fe!

Been to Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe? Share your experiences!