“Mixed feelings about this place.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe

You added Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe to your Saves list
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Washington Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Formerly Hotel Plaza Real) (Downtown)   |
Affiliate website
Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Fort Worth Texas
“Mixed feelings about this place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We arrived on Wednesday, mid 80's, nice day. Got a suite (room 200) - the front room of the hotel. Would have been awesome if there was air conditioning- but since they switched to heat recently, we had to open the windows. Noisy does not begin to describe it. And so hot for sleeping. They gave us a fan, and we bought ear plugs. But nothing blocks out the sound of street sweepers and chain saws at 7 am. Bizarre.

Next is the issue with wash cloths. When we arrived, we had one wash cloth in the room. So I called and asked for a few more. They were out of clean wash cloths. Some man at the desk gave us hand towels instead. Again, bizarre.

Breakfast was good. The front porch is nice and great for people watching. Dogs everywhere. In the lobby, on the porch, in the square. Dogs everywhere. Not really a dog person, but they were all nice.

I would not stay there again, but if you choose to, I would suggest you bring wash cloths and your own shampoo and body wash. And lots of lotion because it is so dry in Santa Fe. And they only give you a tiny bottle for 2 people.

It costed 848.00 for three nights (Wednesday to Saturday ), and at those prices, I expected more.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had been to this hotel a couple of times during Indian Market, but had never stayed here. So, on a recent trip I made it a point to stay here. The hotel's location is great, staff is friendly, the room clean and the bed was great. The bathroom could be updated but it was large with a jetted tub. A window would not stay up, but a piece of wood was provided to prop the window open. All in all a nice stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Hotel was perfect. Great location in downtown close to the Plaza. Rooms weren't too fancy, but they were perfect and comfortable. Hotel staff was friendly and the manager Mike was very helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

For location this can't be beat. The ambience was southwest but not over much. The room was very comfortable and large. The bed and bedding were extremely comfortable. I did have a difficult time connecting to the internet. The lady who checked us in was really welcoming and helpful. The reason I couldn't give this property an "excellent" was due to the lady who checked me out. First of all, she told me I owed the nightly rate. Not so, the room was already paid. She fussed with the computer and realized I was right. No apology. Then I asked if "it was typical to only have decaf coffee in the room". She said the hotel has been out of regular. This is a deal breaker for me. I love my morning coffee. No apology. No offer to help me find a cup of real coffee. No nothing. Not even "we hope to see you again soon" or "thanks for staying with us" or "was everything OK" (except for the coffee situation).

Room Tip: I like the first floor. There is a nice courtyard.
tulsa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I hate to be the bad review person-and I don't know anything about the hotel, I called to book on two different days and they never called me back. It might be great, I just don't know how to get a room.

Room Tip: Good luck booking a room
Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WASHINGTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel is amazing !! We have visited Santa Fe for years and stayed at many of the hotels near the plaza and this is by far my favorite. The rooms are clean, roomy and beautiful. The beds are incredibly comfortable and house keeping does an amazing job each day. The ambiance is true to the Santa Fe - Chimayo style and the location is as good as it gets. The staff is friendly and helpful although they could improve a little on current local information. We stayed during Fiesta and the front desk had no knowledge of road closures during Zozobra that impacted access to the hotel. We look forward to staying here again and again as we love to visit Santa Fe often.

Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I were quite pleased with our stay in a junior suite at the hotel.
The location was as good as it gets. All the workers were helpful and the service was excellent. The wifi reception was poor in our suite though and I had to use the
hotel computer in the lobby. We would certainly stay again if the wifi situation is
improved.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe? Share your experiences!