“Comfortable Inn close to the plaza” 5 of 5 stars

3-night Value Package
Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Comfortable Inn close to the plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had a very nice overnight stay in Santa Fe at the Inn on the Alameda. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and the room was very comfortable. There were three things that stood out. First there is ample, FREE PARKING. If you have been to Santa Fe, you know that this is often not the case. Secondly, the complementary afternoon wine and cheese is not the usual cheap wines and a little cheese. The wines are very good quality and the cheeses and other tidbits to eat were excellent. Finally, the breakfast ( included with the room rate ) was very good with a great variety of hot dishes along with chiles and various fruits. The location is excellent within walking distance to the plaza, shops and restaurants. We will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you so much for you enthusiastic appreciation of all that makes the Inn an experience you want to come home to again and again.

See you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stay here every time we are in Santa Fe. Wonderful rooms, personable and efficient staff, friendly atmosphere. Beds are very comfortable. A quiet, relaxing well-located inn. This will be our "getaway" any time we find our way back to Santa Fe,

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
It is always nice to hear from our loyal patrons, thank you for taking the time to affirm your enjoyment of our staff and amenities.

See you next time!
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

When I go on vacation, I want to be able to ditch my car and explore my surrounding on foot. I have stayed in other Santa Fe hotels/inns and this is my favorite and consistently meets my expectations from year to year. First of all is the perfect location. Free parking and yet only a 5-10 minute walk to the plaza and a 2 minute stroll to the start of Canyon Road and all of the galleries. That means you don’t have to worry about searching for parking and that you are able to return to the hotel throughout the day and rest up, hydrate, use the facilities, and dump your purchases. They have in-room safes and free wi-fi. Breakfast is included and it a lovely, freshly prepared buffet-style spread (and the staff is great). The free evening wine/cheese reception is a nice way to unwind, rest up and socialize before your evening activities (before to make dinner reservations in advance, even during the week). I will continue to stay here whenever possible and always recommend it to my friends. My local Santa Fe friends do the same. They have hot tubs and a small work out rooms if you so desire but bring your running shoes (if you can handle the altitude) and take off. I say, “Look no more!”. The rooms are good sized- the beds/linens comfortable and there are very few rooms to avoid. (Although I try to avoid exterior, downstairs rooms like #104 because what was once a patio door now opens directly to the parking lot and so they have put up a “coyote” branch screen and it makes the room kind of dark). Ask for a room off one of the interior courtyards or upstairs with a small private balcony. Enjoy your stay and hydrate!!! I always do!

Room Tip: Avoid room #104 or any of the downstairs, exterior rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Wow, Muchos Gracias, for your enthusiastic and detailed description of all that makes the Inn so special.

We look forward to hosting you on your return visit to Santa Fe and the Inn.
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in Santa Fe. The entire staff was friendly. The free breakfasts were great. I appreciated the gluten free options provided. There was lots of free parking available. The free bottles of water each day were a nice touch. There was also a free wine and cheese hour offered each day. I had a very comfortable and clean room. All the main sites were within walking distance. I would stay there again and recommend it to others.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking your time to let others know how much you appreciated the Inn's numerous complimentary amenities and our great staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn on your next visit to Santa Fe.
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

There are not enough good things to say about this Hotel/Inn. I could go on and on. The staff, accommodations, service, ammenities...priceless. I've visited Sante Fe several times and I can say that I have found my favorite Hotel/Inn. Stayed 3 nights in room #254. The room and all of the public areas were spotless and spot on!!! My large balcony was a treat, and gas fireplace a huge bonus. Free parking, WiFi, and most delicious breakfast were over-the-top! Not to mention the easy walking distance to the Plaza, and all of surrounding downtown. They also have evening wine/sangria/cheese/cordial hour, but unfortunately, I was not able to participate (out shopping). I will definately make this my go to Hotel/Inn on future trips. They have it all!

Room Tip: Book a delux room with fireplace and balcony, but better yet, a suite.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your enjoyment of the Inn with others. It is a pleasure to read such an enthusiastic review. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Santa Fe.
PAYSON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Location was the reason I chose the Inn. We enjoyed the relaxing breakfast time and the wine and cheese. Can't say anything about the restaurant as we didn't go there. We were only there
2 nights. Would like to have stayed longer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking your time to share your enjoyment of the Inn's amenities with others.
On your next visit I hope you will be able to enjoy a meal or a desert in our lounge, we continue to get rave reviews on Chef Jen's cuisine.

Until next time, happy travels.
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent. And the service of each staff member couldn't be better!The breakfast was better than ok, but not great. The hot options, and most everything else remained the same for all four days. The fresh fruit selection was also limited. The daily wine and cheese hour was a very nice touch. We stayed in a two bed balcony room, which was nice, but seemed like a bit to much furniture was in it. I'm sure with only one bed the room would feel "roomier". There was plenty of closet speace and hangers. The amenities were all top-notch. The sheets, comforters, and robes were crisp and comfortable. Wish they had slippers! I did not take advantage of their shuttle, which I'm not sure how that operated.
The rooms seemed to have thin walls, at times we heard our "neighbors". We had dinner, and the food varied from great to ok, prices were good. My main criticism would be, there seemed to be a range of room prices depending on where and when you booked. I did the pay-in-advance via the hotel's website, and disccovered closer to my arrival date a cheaper package/promotion was available. I was offered half-price cultural passes to compensate. In summary, I was pleased with my Inn on the Alameda experience, and when I return to Santa Fe, would probably stay there again, dependent on price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your candid review of the Inn. Our courtesy vehicle is available for shuttle service in approximately a 3 mile radius of the Inn, by request at the front desk. Many guests prefer to take advantage of the courtesy vehicle to visit Museum Hill and for evening dinner destination, much simpler than jockeying for parking and no need for designated driver.

We do on occasion sent our e-mails for special promotions, however when you are looking for the best rate it is always a good idea to call our reservation experts direct at the Inn.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Been to Inn on the Alameda? Share your experiences!