“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
The Sea Ranch, California
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed ten days at the Inn. The staff is excellent. Special thanks to Diane who gave us great restaurant suggestions, made reservations, gave us suggestions of how best to use our time, etc. We used the van service in the evening. The room was comfortable. Next time I will have a room that has a window we can open for fresh air. Disappointment: Coffee was very weak and the breakfast did not change. We where there ten days so I might be asking too much. Return: Yes for the great service. . . .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, the time you took to reflect on your visit and share is truly appreciated.

820 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at the property for two nights. We loved the location. However, the room was pretty spendy for what we received. We had a king bed, a kiva fireplace, and a small patio. The furnishing were undistinguishable and the walls were very plain. The bathroom was basic as well. In reality, this room was not that far from a Holiday Inn in decor, size, or amenities. All this for a pretty hefty price tag (just under $300 a night).
The property was lovely. Parking and internet were free and breakfast was included.

I probably would explore other options for a return visit to Santa Fe. I just did not find the value in this particular room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I am happy to hear you appreciated the Inn's location, and our beautiful grounds. There is no doubt that Santa Fe may be considered a pricey town when compared with some destinations, however for culture, climate and natural beauty it is truly a bargain when compared to San Francisco, NY City, Aspen and other popular destinations.

Rates are considerably less in off season, November - April, when many visitors find plenty to enjoy in our very traditional southwestern style inn and the surrounding area.

I do hope you have the opportunity to return to our beautiful city. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Madiera Beach, Fl.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel after comparing on trip advisor. I was there for a weekend with my husband and a few work days after. I was not disappointed.

We booked a "larger room" (133) which was literally on the corner. Traffic/outside noise was not a problem at all. It had a very nice/large enclosed/private courtyard which I liked. I would only suggest that because it was large enough- a lounge chair would have been a nice touch for reading, coffee, etc.

The room had a large bed, ample closet/dresser space, a small semi walled off sitting area with kiva fireplace, a desk area, a wet bar, and a bathroom that was a bit on the smallish side. There was very little bathroom counter space.

The room was slightly bigger then average while the courtyard was bigger then average. Staff was pleasant but I would not refer to as "amazing" as I have experienced in other higher end hotels. They were nice but not "over the top" in general. Charlie is a bartender and is extremely nice/helpful and makes the most amazing sangria:)

Pros:
- room basically but nicely appointed/decorated.
- loved the courtyard
- inn isn't self had a very comfy/relaxed feel to it
- check in was easy and smoothe
- parking easy, not a problem at all
- I found it to be quiet- did not have this issue as I have heard others post
- very close/walking distance to the square
- breakfast (included) was good- (see below on con part of food review)
- bathroom clean/room clean (see blow for additional)
- staff pleasant
- check out easy

Minor criticisms
- complimentary breakfast was good- tasty. Abundant pastries dominated. But, mostly continental feel- had a quiche and a frittata each day, but nothing a bit more substantial like eggs or an omelette.
- coffee was limited to breakfast- would have been nice to grab one in the afternoon.
- one day housekeeping came at about 11- the next day they were next door so I waited around for an hour thinking my room was next- went in and was not done- I went out for a few hours and came back around 3:30- still, not done so I took a nap- woke up an hour later and there was a tag on the door saying that they tried to clean but I had put do not disturb on- so room not cleaned that day. I had or got o the front desk to get a clean coffee mug. The staff noted the room had not been cleaned but did not offer to do so.

- for some reason- the fitted sheet was not overly fitted- more laying atop the mattress- kind of did not like that- felt uncomfortable (I'm a bit OCD about things like that)

- at about 11 one night my husband when to the front desk to get a snack for purchase but they were "closed"? Also, one time at night I had a terrible headache and needed Tylenol and did not want to go out to get it. The front desk said they could not give me any- I understand this- would maybe suggest having a few such like items for sale in situations like this.

-as mentioned, the staff was nice enough (mostly dining staff) but front desk just ok. They said they were "concierge trained". I was not entirely sure what that meant. We paid a decent price for our room/stay there- I think I expected a bit more from the staff like I have experienced at other nice places we stayed.

If I'm in Santa Fe again, it's very possible I would stay here again- but also as possible I might try another place.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad that you were happy with your overall experience at the Inn and appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the few areas where we might improve.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Santa Fe.
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Nice hotel, very clean. Simple rooms and decor. Was somewhat let down by the hotel, guess my expectations were to high!

I would look around for better value before booking this hotel again.

Bfast very nice!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your very candid review, coming from NY I can understand that our traditional Southwestern Hospitality may not have been what you were expecting. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and I certainly hope you will return to Santa Fe. There are many lodging options just outside of the downtown area that may be more to your preference for value, if you drive or rent a vehicle you can experience all that Santa Fe has to offer with out being in walking distance of the popular Canyon Road and Plaza areas.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was our first trip to Santa Fe in many years and the city, and this hotel in particular, did not disappoint. The Inn is well located just off the plaza. Check-in and parking close to our unit was smooth and easy. We upgraded to a one-bedroom suite (#142), which was very comfortable. The living room had a sofa, big lounge chair, coffee table, desk and kiva fireplace, with a wet bar in one corner. The bed was just the right firmness for us. The bathroom had decent counter space; the toilet and bathtub-shower were in a separate space, with doors from both the bedroom and the rest of the bath. We liked the breakfast buttet, and the staff we encountered were all friendly and helpful. We will return here, unless TripAdvisor readers insist we should try something even better in Santa Fe.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I've stayed at this lovely small boutique hotel on numerous occasions, however this is my first attempt at reviewing it. First off the location is close enough to the sights of the downtown area but just far enough away to avoid the crowds, such as they can be. It's essentially an easy and safe two block walk to the plaza. The hotel does offer a shuttle if needs be. The location is a one minute walk to the art galleries and restaurants on Canyon Road. The rooms are clean and come in several configurations. Our favorite room is number 251 which has a large, private outside sitting area, great for a socializing spot if you are travelling with couples and the weather permits. It goes without saying the rooms are clean and many/most have gas fire places. The bathroom is amply stocked with shampoo, shower gel, etc. and large robes are provided. The breakfast, which comes with the room, is as hearty or as healthy as you would like it, with quiche, frittatas, pastries, breads, cereal, juice, coffee, etc. Breakfast can be a bit crowded and seating can sometimes be difficult but it all seems to work out somehow. My experience with the staff has always been positive. The economy hasn't been particularly kind to the area the last few years and this hotel has, on the whole, done a good job of maintaining the pre-crash service, with only a regular guest noticing a few modest changes here and there. They've just opened a small restaurant that opens for dinner only, but we didn't try it though it smelled great as they prepped. Unless, God forbid, something happens to significantly change this wonderful little place, it will always be our home away from home in Santa Fe.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so glad that your experience at the Inn was exactly what we hope every guest will enjoy.

Thank you for sharing and I do hope on your next visit you will have the opportunity to try Chef Jen's fabulous fare.
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My stay at the Inn was better than I had hoped for - in fact, it exceeded expectations so much so that I plan to spend my next weekend in Santa Fe here! Some previous reviews had suggested that the rooms might be in need of some TLC and that the walls were too thin. Although I heard a few creaky beams, thin walls were not an issue for me, and I found no fault in the room decor; rather, the decor added to the charm of the building and the grounds. The bathroom had lovely accent tile work and a large shower/tub, lovely earthen-tone hues, and large mirrors. The room (and grounds) had some great touches - southwestern themed lamps and patterning, adorable patios (ours on the first floor screened in with tree branches turned into a fence!), dried red chilies as decorations, and cute little courtyards. For anyone interested in gallery-hopping, the location could not be better because you are not even one block away from Canyon (and only a quick 5 minute walk from the best hot chocolate you've ever had at Kakawa Chocolate House!). We did not venture "downtown" to the Plaza; however, we had no trouble requesting that the Inn's shuttle drop us at dinner (Restaurant Martin - a wonderful surprise - absolutely delicious, cozy, and highly recommended), and they say they will take you (and pick you up) at any destination. The shuttle arrived less than 5 minutes after we called for the pick-up; the driver was really friendly and timely. Breakfast was low-key and the frittata/quiche/stuffed croissants were delicious. Although I did not partake in the available pastries, there did seem to be a wide variety of choices (including gluten-free muffins)! All in all, it was a lovely, quiet stay in the City Different!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "traditional" building (not with the fitness center/massage room). Our r...