I chose this hotel after comparing on trip advisor. I was there for a weekend with my husband and a few work days after. I was not disappointed.
We booked a "larger room" (133) which was literally on the corner. Traffic/outside noise was not a problem at all. It had a very nice/large enclosed/private courtyard which I liked. I would only suggest that because it was large enough- a lounge chair would have been a nice touch for reading, coffee, etc.
The room had a large bed, ample closet/dresser space, a small semi walled off sitting area with kiva fireplace, a desk area, a wet bar, and a bathroom that was a bit on the smallish side. There was very little bathroom counter space.
The room was slightly bigger then average while the courtyard was bigger then average. Staff was pleasant but I would not refer to as "amazing" as I have experienced in other higher end hotels. They were nice but not "over the top" in general. Charlie is a bartender and is extremely nice/helpful and makes the most amazing sangria:)
- room basically but nicely appointed/decorated.
- loved the courtyard
- inn isn't self had a very comfy/relaxed feel to it
- check in was easy and smoothe
- parking easy, not a problem at all
- I found it to be quiet- did not have this issue as I have heard others post
- very close/walking distance to the square
- breakfast (included) was good- (see below on con part of food review)
- bathroom clean/room clean (see blow for additional)
- staff pleasant
- check out easy
- complimentary breakfast was good- tasty. Abundant pastries dominated. But, mostly continental feel- had a quiche and a frittata each day, but nothing a bit more substantial like eggs or an omelette.
- coffee was limited to breakfast- would have been nice to grab one in the afternoon.
- one day housekeeping came at about 11- the next day they were next door so I waited around for an hour thinking my room was next- went in and was not done- I went out for a few hours and came back around 3:30- still, not done so I took a nap- woke up an hour later and there was a tag on the door saying that they tried to clean but I had put do not disturb on- so room not cleaned that day. I had or got o the front desk to get a clean coffee mug. The staff noted the room had not been cleaned but did not offer to do so.
- for some reason- the fitted sheet was not overly fitted- more laying atop the mattress- kind of did not like that- felt uncomfortable (I'm a bit OCD about things like that)
- at about 11 one night my husband when to the front desk to get a snack for purchase but they were "closed"? Also, one time at night I had a terrible headache and needed Tylenol and did not want to go out to get it. The front desk said they could not give me any- I understand this- would maybe suggest having a few such like items for sale in situations like this.
-as mentioned, the staff was nice enough (mostly dining staff) but front desk just ok. They said they were "concierge trained". I was not entirely sure what that meant. We paid a decent price for our room/stay there- I think I expected a bit more from the staff like I have experienced at other nice places we stayed.
If I'm in Santa Fe again, it's very possible I would stay here again- but also as possible I might try another place.