I chose this hotel after comparing on trip advisor. I was there for a weekend with my husband and a few work days after. I was not disappointed.
We booked a "larger room" (133) which was literally on the corner. Traffic/outside noise was not a problem at all. It had a very nice/large enclosed/private courtyard which I liked. I would only suggest that because it was large enough- a lounge chair would have been a nice touch for reading, coffee, etc.
The room had a large bed, ample closet/dresser space, a small semi walled off sitting area with kiva fireplace, a desk area, a wet bar, and a bathroom that was a bit on the smallish side. There was very little bathroom counter space.
The room was slightly bigger then average while the courtyard was bigger then average. Staff was pleasant but I would not refer to as "amazing" as I have experienced in other higher end hotels. They were nice but not "over the top" in general. Charlie is a bartender and is extremely nice/helpful and makes the most amazing sangria:)
- room basically but nicely appointed/decorated.
- loved the courtyard
- inn isn't self had a very comfy/relaxed feel to it
- check in was easy and smoothe
- parking easy, not a problem at all
- I found it to be quiet- did not have this issue as I have heard others post
- very close/walking distance to the square
- breakfast (included) was good- (see below on con part of food review)
- bathroom clean/room clean (see blow for additional)
- staff pleasant
- check out easy
- complimentary breakfast was good- tasty. Abundant pastries dominated. But, mostly continental feel- had a quiche and a frittata each day, but nothing a bit more substantial like eggs or an omelette.
- coffee was limited to breakfast- would have been nice to grab one in the afternoon.
- one day housekeeping came at about 11- the next day they were next door so I waited around for an hour thinking my room was next- went in and was not done- I went out for a few hours and came back around 3:30- still, not done so I took a nap- woke up an hour later and there was a tag on the door saying that they tried to clean but I had put do not disturb on- so room not cleaned that day. I had or got o the front desk to get a clean coffee mug. The staff noted the room had not been cleaned but did not offer to do so.
- for some reason- the fitted sheet was not overly fitted- more laying atop the mattress- kind of did not like that- felt uncomfortable (I'm a bit OCD about things like that)
- at about 11 one night my husband when to the front desk to get a snack for purchase but they were "closed"? Also, one time at night I had a terrible headache and needed Tylenol and did not want to go out to get it. The front desk said they could not give me any- I understand this- would maybe suggest having a few such like items for sale in situations like this.
-as mentioned, the staff was nice enough (mostly dining staff) but front desk just ok. They said they were "concierge trained". I was not entirely sure what that meant. We paid a decent price for our room/stay there- I think I expected a bit more from the staff like I have experienced at other nice places we stayed.
If I'm in Santa Fe again, it's very possible I would stay here again- but also as possible I might try another place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Santa Fe, New Mexico, between the historic Plaza and the art-filled galleries of Canyon Road, the Inn on the Alameda is the ideal downtown Santa Fe lodging location. With this cozy inn as your home base, you can explore our town’s unique attractions, unique museums, fine dining, distinctive boutiques and local festivities. An ample continental breakfast with organic. vegan and gluten-free selections is included with every stay, as is a relaxing afternoon wine hour daily. Wi-fi and parking are always free, and one pet under 30# is welcome with a nightly fee in pet-specific rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Inn on the Alameda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Alameda Hotel Santa Fe
- Hotel On The Alameda
- On The Alameda Hotel
- Inn Alameda