“Comfort, value, and convenience” 5 of 5 stars

3-night Value Package
Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Comfort, value, and convenience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My mother-in-law and I just took our first trip to Santa Fe and stayed at the Inn on the Alameda. We were impressed as soon as we arrived. The lobby and the grounds are decorated in a lovely and understated Santa Fe style. The staff is friendly and helpful, even arranging a massage for me on very short notice on the day of our arrival. The location is perfect, close to the Plaza but far away enough to be able to get away from the tumult for some peace and quiet. Our room was nicely decorated, very clean and very quiet. I'm a light sleeper and I slept great all three nights we were there. If I have any complaint at all is was that the bathroom was a bit small. The breakfast buffet was better than some 5 star hotels I've stayed in with a great selection of fruit, hot frittatas and breakfast burritos, and delicious bakery items. I'd absolutely recommend the Inn to anyone traveling to Santa Fe.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I visit Santa Fe and Albuquerque a number of times each year on business. In Santa Fe, I have been to the major chain brands (Marriott, etc.), and some of the other "boutique" Hotels. The Inn on the Alameda, though, is the shining star for Santa Fe. I've returned here over a dozen times in the past few years, and have recommended it to other colleagues visiting Santa Fe, and they have had similar experiences.

The rooms are always impeccably clean! This goes a LONG way towards making a hotel stay comfortable for me (and I'm in hotels every week for work). This hotel is always the place where I feel very "at home" - the cleanliness, the friendliness of the staff, and the overall "vibe" of the place is really relaxing.

The neighborhood is cool, convenient, and safe! The hotel is walking distance from great restaurants, galleries, and shops - and the staff are always very helpful in suggesting places to go. (Try the Mexican restaurant in the small shopping / business center directly behind the hotel - good food!).

The breakfast at the Inn on the Alameda is delicious, satisfying, and unique! This isn't a boring old "powdered eggs and dry toast" place (like Hiltons always are). They cater in a spread of unique and delicious pastries, quiche, and other great items. I've traveled here with vegans / vegetarians, and they have good options for them, too!

Last, the customer service is GREAT. This is always the "make it or break it" point for me. The staff are always on point, friendly, and helpful. Another major bonus is that they give a "returning traveler discount" if you've stayed there before!

Room Tip: For a really cool / nice "Santa Fe experience" - ask for a "Casita!" They have...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Port Townsend, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Our first visit to Inn on the Alameda. Very good location, one block from Canyon Road. Many different types of rooms, all with charm! Options include balconies, patios, gas fireplaces, wood-burning fireplaces. Common areas are spacious, traditional Santa Fe and welcoming. Convenient parking. Oldest building does not have elevator; others do. Great evening wine reception; even greater breakfast -- all included in a very reasonable price for Santa Fe. Over the past 25 years we've stayed at 7 or 8 Santa Fe properties. This one is the winner.

Room Tip: Avoid the smallest casitas -- they are out in front of the office, on the corner of Alameda and Pase...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We are so happy that the Inn is now your favorite place to stay when visiting Santa Fe, and we look forward to your return! Thank you for your lovely review.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

When my husband and I first arrived , we were so excited for Santa Fe. We were to stay one night , to enjoy our NM experience. When we first got there, we were told they were doing some work on the parking lot so we could not park in front of our room. We were told to park behind the building.(Here is where it went wrong) Since we were only staying one night (hence road trip), I told my husband not to take all the luggage up the stairs( no elevator). We got to the room and it was a very clean and a beautiful room , small balcony , cute bathroom with skylight ,really loved the room. Not sure it was worth that price but it was different then anything we have stayed in before. After getting things to the room , we decided to walk to the plaza (nice location for that) to get something to eat.
At 7am we received a phone call from the manager on duty that our car had been broken into. They had busted our window out of our SUV and stole two of my suitcases. The Manager was very nice about the situation and he called the police and helped us call for glass company to get our car fixed. We take partial blame for leaving luggage in the car, but wished we would have been warned its a location of high thefts. I feel not only did we get robbed of our stuff we also got robbed of our Santa Fe experience. Would of loved to do some shopping in the Plaza. My husband and I sat with our car for 7 hours , then after the police got there and we got our car fixed , we just wanted to leave.
When we checked out , my husband did ask if they could give us anything off the room , and they did give us half off . Manager was very friendly, but the girl at front desk could use a lesson on friendliness. Could happen to anyone , Recommend the staff tell people " Don't leave valuables or anything in the car", Also install a CAMERA in parking lot to help keep the crooks out and guest safe. I would hope they would begin to warn other guest of the dangers of the area (as the police officer warned us) instead of misleading guest into thinking it is a prestigious hotel.
The reason we put the experience was very good was because we feel if this misfortune wouldn't of happened we would of enjoyed the hotel more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina G, General Manager at Inn on the Alameda, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your gracious review of the Inn, your concerns regarding security are perfectly understandable considering your unfortunate experience resulting in your loss of luggage. I appreciate your acknowledging our managers concern and assistance, we only wish that the incident had never occurred or that we had been able to facilitate a timelier repair of your window. While no location is completely immune to random acts of vandalism, incidents of this nature are extremely rare for Santa Fe’s historic and prestigious East Side. The safety and security our our guests is our highest priority and I will ask that our staff advise guests against leaving valuables in parked vehicles.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my first trip to Santa Fe and a friend recommended the Loretta Inn, but it was full, so we took a chance and booked our three night stay at the Inn On the Alameda. It was wonderful! The grounds were lovely, rooms nice and the service exceptional. There is no on site restaurant, but, they cater in the most perfect complimentary breakfast I've ever had (there's quiche, frittata, sweets, fresh fruits, cereal...and the list goes on : ). They also have a complimentary wine reception each afternoon and leave a refreshing bottle of water every evening with turn down service. There is a variety of rooms to choose from. we stayed in a second floor balcony king room which included a sofa and mini fridge. The location is basically across the street from Canyon Road with many, many art galleries and restaurants. Eat at The Compound and try some chocolate from the Kakawa Chocolate House. We will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hereford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Staff that made reservation over the phone put a smile on my face. When I got off the phone, my wife asked, "Who is your new friend?" Upon arrival, orientation that we received was as complete as any I have ever received at check-in. Mucho Gusto is just around the corner to wake up your taste buds for a great Santa Fe experience. The hotel has many nice areas indoors and out for lounging, reading or just hanging out. Wine and cheese happy hour is a treat and sitting at the big table and visiting with other guests is a must. After happy hour, move to the outdoor patio for drinks and food by the fire. We were lucky to stumble onto the Inn's soft opening of offering a limited dinner menu from their kitchen. Had a fantastic salad and steak panini. Bartender offered his rendition of a cold coffee liqueur drink that was wonderful. A dip in one of the hot tubs before turning in makes a perfect evening. If you are after new and fancy this is not your place. If you're after a traditional Santa Fe experience away from big crowds with staff that aims to please, this is your place.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed 5 nights at this hotel. I had a single small room but which was very nicely furnished in "Santa Fe" Spanish decor. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Jennifer.
There is a very comfortable large sitting room close to the Reception Desk. There is also a small room by the Desk which has 1 PC computer which can be used for free as well as beverages and snacks (these must be paid for).. Breakfast is included in the room price and has good healthy hot and cold food options. There is a bar where light meals are available in the evening from 5PM until 10PM. There is a very relaxing outdoor patio as well. The Inn is about a 15 minute walk to the Plaza which is the center of town for Santa Fe.I took my family to dinner one night at Restaurant Martin -- very expensive but well worth the money! The only thing I would advise is that you do not stay in the rooms in the "130's" number range at the Inn -- these rooms are on a busy street (although the street noise does become almost nonexistent after 11PM) and have a fair amount of light coming in thru the windows and door at night. I would love to stay here again when I return to Santa Fe.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Inn on the Alameda? Share your experiences!