“Great Hotel Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Hotel Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

The best hotel stays always start with a great experience at check-in and the two attendants did a great job with greeting us, providing us valuable information about hotel services and Santa Fe, and got us into our room early. The room was very nice and the condition of the hotel overall is good. We used the pool and hot tub and enjoyed our time there. One of our favorite parts of the hotel was the British style shuttle that would drop off and pick up anywhere within one mile of the hotel. We used it several times and it was always quick. Nice to know you can indulge a bit and not have to be worried about things. We really enjoyed our experience at the hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again or recommend a stay for our friends.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and we are delighted to hear that we took such good care of you and that you especially enjoyed our “London Taxis”! Thank you for staying with us!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Bel Air, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Hotel Sante Fe needs an upgrade - has small rooms - lighting in room and bathroom is terrible. There is a parking fee. No breakfast unless you want to pay for it. The staff seemed nice and the one positive is that a shuttle is available to drive you within a 1 mile radius of the hotel.

The worst part of our stay was the bug crawling on the door of the bathroom – not sure what it was - we notified front desk. I'm sure there are better places with comparable prices to stay in Sante Fe.

Room Tip: Stay off 1st floor -it's off the lobby - and busy
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
I'm sorry your stay was not all that it could have been with us. We are planning an upgrade to our bathrooms this winter and I hope you give us another chance to show you an improved experience.
Santa Fe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We planned to stay 3 nights during the Indian Market. The room we were given on the ground floor was a dark dungeon with a view of an enclosed dark alley and had no ventilation. Since it was $200/night, we asked for a better room and the desk was somewhat testy about our request but eventually relented but they said we had to wait until 4 PM for it to be ready and we were already travel-weary. So we decided not to stay the extra days and found La Posada, a nice, more convenient alternative with free breakfasts.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I'm glad to hear we were able to provide a room more to your liking though sorry it took us until the afternoon to prepare it for you. I hope you enjoyed this summer's Indian Market.
Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I really loved this hotel! I travel a lot for work and this was a joy to spend time in. The decor was beautiful the rooms clean and did'nt feel dated. The pool area felt private even though it wasn't really. I ate room service and enjoyed it both nights. I also had breakfast in the resturant the food was good as was the service. But what really made all the difference was service overall. I was there for Indian Market to work with an account on the plaza. Well working I had a very bad nose bleed and needed to get back to my room asap as I could stop the bleeding. I called the hotel and asked if they could pick me up. I told them what was wrong and they sent someone so fast I was surprised. But it did not end there the driver who picked me up was genuine caring and made me feel everything would be ok. He made sure I took some water right away and talk to me the entire drive back, I'm pretty sure to make sure I was ok. Above and beyond nice. I will stay again for sure the next time I'm in Santa Fe.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to tripadvisor.com with your very kind remarks. I am delighted to hear that we took such good care of you and hope that you will return and stay with us again soon!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This is a great place to stay in Santa Fe. Conveniently located with friendly, helpful staff. The junior suite was very comfortable for three people. We have visited Santa Fe many times and will definitely choose this hotel next trip!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and continuing to stay with us!!

Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night whilst on our road trip in America and wished we could have stayed longer.
Our room was in the hacienda part and I would definitely recommend to stay in that part, it was amazing so big, we had a massive bed, the shower was lovely and we had a fireplace (which was a nice feature). You also have your own butler which we were so not used to but a nice touch.
They have a happy hour where you get free wine, beer, tea and cofffee and cheese which was nice to have before going out for our meal. This is where we got talking to Spencer (one of the butlers), he was really great and made our stay at the hotel as he spent ages talking to us and recommended us a nice restaurant.
The hotel has a free shuttle transfer into Santa Fe which was nice as saved us money on a taxi and you just ring them and they pick you up.

Overall I would love to come back to this hotel hopefully in the future but as we live in England it'll be hard.

Room Tip: Book a room in the hacienda part of the hotel
Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your brilliant, kind words!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I've traveled a lot for leisure and business and by far, the Hotel Santa Fe has surpassed my expectations. I visited Santa Fe for the 1st time last week (w/o 8/11/14) and stayed for 4 nights. I wish I never left! The hotel staff is the FIRST thing you notice --- 1st class hospitality, friendly customer service and super helpful! Then I was wowed by the beautiful Native American Indian-inspired crafts and decor throughout the hotel and room! The rooms were also beautiful, quintessential southwestern/ native NM style with a fabulous fireplace! To top it all off, the "butler" service was really just super helpful, personalized staff members who would help you make reservations, answer questions and offer their personal suggestions for Santa Fe actitivities. Morning breakfast was simple but very tasty and good quality --- fresh fruit, delish pastries and bagels (I'm from NYC and the bagel measures up!), yogurt and the tastiest steel cut oatmeal! The staff at breakfast were just lovely - if the food and view at the terrace doesn't delight you the staff will! In the evening, the hotel offers a complimentary cocktail hour with nice wine, cheese and crackers. Again, the hospitality and service were consistent time and time again. Another great perk- personalized shuttle service to Canyon Rd and the Plaza. The hotel is close enough to walk into the Plaza but if you get tired, all you have to do is call the hotel and voila, a car/ shuttle picks you up! Michael (head of security) was friendly, helpful and gave good tips for eateries. Marcy at the hotel gift shop is a delight and the merchandise is super cool! Pete and Robert at breakfast/ cocktails were a delight. The hot tub and pool were very nice too. I felt like I was hanging out at my BFF's fabulous pool with beautiful Santa Fe vegetation, flowers, and everything was super clean. While some people may frown on the $19 additional service charge, my friends and I did not mind at all. We thought the charge was fair and it's a per room charge so given the inclusions such as wi-fi, parking (just to name the critical), this charge was not an issue for us. For the last 72 hours since returning to NY, I have NOT stopped raving about this hotel to friends and family!!!! I dream of returning to this hotel in the near future. Too bad there is no 10-stars on this rating.

Room Tip: Hotel is always quiet. I stayed in the Hacienda Spa side of the building and would say that's th...
Green Features: Love that the hotel recycles (I know it's silly but I care about this kind of stuff). Friendly people work here and are happy, nice, and always ready to help. I loved my room- I almost wanted to stay in the room for the entire trip but of course, needed to experience Santa Fe.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Your wonderful, kind and gracious comments are amazing!!

It is truly encouraging to receive such an encouraging review and we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we took good care of you!!

So many thanks for taking the time to write such a lengthy and positive review to tripadvisor.com.

Your “raving” back home in New York to friends and family is marvelous! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Been to Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa? Share your experiences!