“Nice Hotel, Problems with Internet” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa to your Saves list
Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1501 Paseo de Peralta, Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Offers & Announcements
Enjoy Summer in Santa Fe!
Ranked #15 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Irvine, California
“Nice Hotel, Problems with Internet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had a very nice stay at the Hotel Santa Fe. We stayed in the Hacienda, which is located in a separate building from the main hotel. The Hotel Santa Fe is a nice setting with artwork throughout the Hotel and the Hacienda. We had breakfast in the hotel dining room each morning during our stay and found the food to be quite good. The hotel service is excellent and the staff friendly and responsive to our requests. We generally had no problems with the hotel other than with the Internet connection. We found the Internet connection to be sporadic and had to call on more than one occasion to speak with them about the Internet. Although the hotel staff was helpful in finding ways to help us get Internet access, this is something that they should address.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Rest assured that we are indeed improving our internet access as I write this response to your kind and constructive commentary. I apologize for the inconvenience you were caused and we are adding access pints as the load from our guests continues to increase.

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have stayed here in the last and have always been pleased with everything. This time, when I checked in the service was just as great and once I got to my room I had a welcome back basket. This hotel is amazing with their service, food and quality of the rooms. Easy to maneuver around and the shuttle service is great!
Beautiful hotel, a great place to stay and awesome staff.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I am so delighted to learn that you were “pleasantly surprised” and thank you for staying with us!!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay-favorites being the enclosed patio area for meals, the evening music, and the transportation to tourist locations. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our suite was artistically decorated. The pool area was secluded and partly shaded.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to know that you had an “enjoyable visit” and that we took good care of you.

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

(1)The wi-fi connection( was almost non-existent to in my room. I got it for about 5 minutes a day..
(2) I was told on arrival there was an extra $19 a day "amenities" charge. To be fair it was on the back of my booking form but I hadn't noticed it. I was told that included all phone calls within the USA. Yet they then appeared as charges on my bill (they were taken off when I queried them). It made me feel I was being ripped off. Apparently it is not the only hotel in Santa fe with this charge.
Apart from those 2 (to me huge and important points) the hotel was lovely.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and apologies for the wifi issue you encountered - we are continually upgrading the system to cope with demand and unfortunately there are a couple of rooms with poor reception and it appears you were in one of them. The latest phase should be complete within the month.

As regards the Resort/A.R.T. Fee, it is indeed common practice throughout the city and I have explained the issue in previous commentaries - if not this fee then parking, etc.

Again, my apologies.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our visit at Hotel Santa Fe very very much. The location is within walking distance to both the Railyard District and the Plaza, which is great. If you prefer not to walk to the Plaza, the complimentary shuttle service will take you and pick you up. Our room was nice, clean, and included updated amenities. We will definitely stay here again next time we visit Santa Fe!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for staying with us and we do hope to see you again soon!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is a really lovely hotel. Whoever designed this did a great job. There is native american art everywhere. it is very clean and clearly the Picuris Pueblo takes pride in their hotel. We stayed in the Hacienda which is sort of a boutique hotel within the hotel. Excellent service with continental breakfast served in a very nice room with a patio, also included wine and cheese at the end of the day. The grounds are lovely and the restaurant good. The pool is very nice, but a bit small, especially with a lot of screaming kids. They allow dogs. A couple of nits....there were two very nice, comfortable chairs in our suite, but no lamp between them, so you couldn't sit and read. I requested a lamp and they brought one promptly. The other nit is that we had a lovely patio with nice tables and chairs, but no umbrella. I'm sure if I asked they would have brought me one. They also have free shuttle service to places in Santa Fe. Definitely a hotel to consider. In the Hacienda request room 605.

Room Tip: Room 605 in the Hacienda
Green Features: They are supportive of environmental practices. They encourage you to not refresh linens every day.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Silly of us not to have an umbrella on that patio and already taken care of!

Equally sill not to have that lamp in place, but glad we responded quickly to your request.

Very many thanks for staying with us and I am so delighted to learn you enjoyed yourselves. With apologies for those nits, but please come stay with us again!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!
Tallahassee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was a designated conference hotel that required a one night pre-payment to secure a reservation. Given than, I had assumed it was a quality hotel. However, it was underwhelming and the wireless signal in my room was so weak that I needed to leave the hotel multiple times per day to find adequate internet access. That was annoying, but the lack of security at the hotel was downright alarming. On our final night, some woman used a master key to enter our room for no legitimate purpose. We had not had any turndown service at all during our stay, and the woman certainly did not announce herself as housekeeping. When she turned the lights on in the anteroom, and I exclaimed to my husband: "Someone is in the room!" If she had been there to do any work on behalf of the hotel, she would have had adequate time to walk four steps from the door to the area visible from the bed. However, she never made it past where my laptop was sitting on the side table next to the door. The next morning we discovered my computer with the charging cord pulled out. All we heard her say when she realized we were aware she was in the room was, "Sorry," before she darted out the door. As we were in our pajamas, we could not exactly chase her down the hall, and she had not managed to get out the door with any of our possessions. But, what if we had been out to dinner that night? What if I had not woken up? There was no housekeeping cart visible in the hallway when we looked out the peephole and, again, there had never been any turndown service on any previous night.

When we reported these issues to the night manager, he was dismissive. He did not seem concerned at all, and merely said, "Huh! Sorry about that." He did not record any information, and when we tried to give him details or ask questions about video surveillance and recorded key access, he actually seemed irritated. He confirmed there was no turndown service, told us there was no way of knowing who used a master key, and there were no female managers on duty that night. I followed up with an email to the booking manager, who had the general manager respond to me. Supposedly the general manager could determine who had used the master key, and that woman admitted to not announcing herself. The claim was that this was a turndown attendant who had provided service to us every night (supposedly even at times when we knew we had been in the room). The manager further suggested that the invasion was our fault for not hanging the "do not disturb" sign on our door. So, the hotel staff preferred to blame the guests rather than investigate why their employee had not properly announced herself, not performed any of her duties on any night of our stay, and acted suspiciously on the one night she entered our room. The "sincerest apologies" of the manager rang rather hollow when he was so busy blaming us and covering up for his suspicious staff.

There are plenty of nice places to stay in Santa Fe -- and that are far closer to the square. This was a healthy walk from the downtown along a busy street. The surest way to protect yourself and focus on the joy of being in Santa Fe is to pick another hotel. We will certainly not be returning to this one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
As mentioned to you and confirmed by our computerized key-lock security systems, and in spite of your remarks to the contrary, the door to your room was only opened at 7:40pm that evening by our housekeeping turndown service - as it was on the previous two evenings by the same key/same person!!

Yes, we admit that the attendant did not knock/announce herself properly and for that we profusely apologized!!!

We do NOT have a security problem, nor do we create/imagine information!

I acknowledge you will not be returning - so be it!!

Been to Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa? Share your experiences!