“Relaxing a enjoyable.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Relaxing a enjoyable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Just stayed two nights with my sister. The room was very nice, quite and comfortable. The bathroom was small but doable. Nice tea and coffee service in the mornings on each hall way. Location good a slight walk to the old town center but not a problem. Desk staff very helpful. Pool was closed still for the season but hot tub was open. Not sure we would have used it though even if it was open.

Room Tip: Continental Breakfast $11.00 person. We faced the main street and were able to sleep with the balcon...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Many thanks for staying with us and so glad to know you enjoyed your stay!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The desk staff were not very nice. We arrived an hour and a half early after a long drive from Boulder and were told check in was at 4:00. We came back at 4:00. Again no nice greeting, but the suite was lovely. We had a large gorgeous bath with lots of counter space. The living area was very nicely done with a great private deck area attached. The bed and linens were to die for in a very spacious bedroom. A nice wine and munchies was done in a wonderfully bright and airy lounge area with private outdoor space. The butler service was such a nice touch. We also had dinner at their restaurant, all well done. If you can just get past the front desk, you will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite in the new addition.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
I am so sorry to learn that our Front Desk staff was less than courteous as they are invariably our “stars of hospitality”. Please accept my sincere apologies and your comment has been addressed with them!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Artesia, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were up in Santa Fe for the weekend and took advantage of a Spring special on their suites. Ours had two double beds and a sleeper sofa. The room was decorated nicely in the usual southwest decor one sees in most of the places here. Good size room with a frig. The only downside was a view of some junk out the window....would be easy to tidy this area up. There is a 18$ resort fee here which covers parking and the use of the shuttle. Never had a problem getting the shuttle to take us where we needed to go in a reasonable amount of time (it goes to the plaza and gallery areas generally). One can walk to the plaza area from the hotel...not a bad walk...perhaps around a half mile. Staff very very helpful and courteous. Having stayed at quite a few hotels in Santa Fe I would say it is in the mid range price and room wise...not luxury but very comfortable. Breakfast was OK....better eating options can be found in the area though for breakfast but is was convenient. Free coffee is available in the bar area near the restaurant as there is no coffee makers in the rooms (ours anyway). Decent value for the money...recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Many thanks for your recommendation and also thank you for staying with us!

Bellingham, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We arrived and were not greeting very warmly by the front desk staff person. She informed us she would have to charge daily for the credit card we were using because it was a debit with VISA logo. Right off the bat, not a good feeling to be accused of not being able to pay the bill in full at check out.
Also, she explained there was an additional $18.00 charge for shuttle service (which we never used), and "other amenities" like what? newspaper and wi-fi??? I know of plenty of other hotels that offer that for free. Also, there was a continental breakfast - for a $6. charge! No thank you!!! We waited for the shuttle once, after requesting it at the front desk and no driver ever came out to meet us after our standing on the curb for over 5 minutes. There is no clearly marked entrance and more than just us seemed to be confused about that.
the room was small, the pool was closed (it was SPRING BREAK???) Surely that was not right.
And the bathroom was too tiny to function in - plus no ventilation or fan. Nice.
The spa was nice and the woman we made reservations for a treatment was nice. The massage therapist was nice and gave a good massage. The sugar scrub, however, caused me to break out in a massive rash on my thighs and upper arms the following day. Not sure what was in the scrub... must have been allergic.
We will not be staying there again...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Hotel Santa Fe Soothes the Weary Traveler

Hotel Santa Fe has the healing power to soothe the savage beast that lurks inside the weary traveler. I arrived at the hotel in a fairly disgruntled state and the true litmus test of a great hotel is the ability to change my attitude in a matter of minutes. The warmth and hospitality of the front desk staff, the owner, Paul, the Hacienda Butler, Peter, all conspired to shift my disgruntled mental state to cheerful wellbeing.

My king bedroom in the Hacienda building was very attractively furnished—super comfortable bed and quality bedding. As the only Native American owned hotel in Santa Fe, the furnishings and art work are harmonious and generously displayed— Kiva style fireplace, fine hand crafted furnishings and luxury bathroom amenities. I honestly can’t find one detail that has been overlooked, including New Mexico art books in room.

Pet friendly plus! Owner, Paul’s canine mascot, Herman meets and greets at the front desk and we were offered dog cookies, pet waste bags and a map of the hotel’s Puppy Professional Park (where doggies do their business).

We had a wonderful dinner in the (full)bar section of the Amaya Restaurant where my furry companion was able to join me. Sophie, French restaurant manager adds a cosmopolitan air and European hospitality and new employee, Birdy, made a Cosmopolitan extraordinaire.

Families definitely feel welcome here but there is a wonderful sophistication still to be savored.

In warmer weather, guests are able to relax and enjoy the outdoor swimming pool, hot tub and dining area patio.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
So very many thanks for your kind and gracious comments and we are all delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay! And Herman thanks you also!!

Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Great family spring break rate, but only an OK stay. Service at check-in and check-out was friendly and helpful. Room clean and adequate. Wireless service was terrible. Breakfast was disappointing -- very little fresh food available; instead, lots of sugary baked goods.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I am equally frustrated to learn you had wireless service problems, as we have recently upgraded everything again and were under the impression that all is well. I wish I knew which room you were staying in! Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you were caused, but please note we also have a business center to overcome any problems of this nature.

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed 4 nights and it was an enjoyable experience. I typically stay at B&B's or very small inns so staying at a larger hotel was a change for me. I missed the intimacy of smaller settings but the friendly staff and excellent service give Hotel Santa Fe a homier feel than I was expecting. My only peeve was that neither the package provider nor the hotel website mentioned the $18 dollar a day resort fee, When I arrived I had the basic King room on the ground floor. It was the room facing the front driveway so I requested an upgrade ($25.00 per night) and got a first floor room facing the rear of the building with a parking lot view but it was quiet. The room showed a little wear but it was well kept and very clean. The use of the little purple taxis and shuttle that are included in your $18.00 a day fee is a great amenity. I really enjoyed the pre-fixe dinner options available between 5:30 and 7:00 p.m. If you choose to have breakfast at the hotel you may wish to select from the menu rather than choose the $11.00 continental breakfast. I ate at a couple of other places and the only one I will note, which was suggested by a local, was the Plaza Café. It's an old fashioned diner, nothing fancy, there were tourists and townies and the food was delicious. I used the spa - they squeezed me in when I called after a day of visiting Bandolier and climbing up to the top of Tsankawi. I had a combination scrub and massage including the use of hot stones. It was fantastic. Another highlight was the Friday and Saturday night performance of a gentleman who played the guitar and native flute - beautiful. The little touch that I enjoyed the most were the native prayers and sayings that were left on the bed by the cleaning staff each day. Last but not least I enjoyed using the hot tub. It was wonderful sitting outside in the brisk March air after a full day of hiking. I would stay here again and would recommend it to other travelers.

Room Tip: I believe the upper floors are more expensive but I believe you have better rooms. I found my room...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind comments and we are all delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay. Your hiking sounds exhausting, but ia m also pleased to know that your Spa treatment was a success!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Been to Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa? Share your experiences!