“Great Shuttle to the Nearby Plaza” 5 of 5 stars

Dinner in a Tee Pee
Ranked #15 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Acton, Texas
“Great Shuttle to the Nearby Plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is my favorite hotel at Santa Fe that is more than a couple of blocks from the plaza. The staff is super friendly and helpful. And the Native American owned hotel is beautifully southwestern.
Since I don't usually have a car when I stay, I like that their shuttle to the plaza is much better than any of the hotels on Cerrillos road where I've stayed that had similar shuttles.
I skip their breakfast because it's overpriced, but at least there's plenty of free coffee, which is a must :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
PaulMargetson, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
We are so delighted to be your favorite hotel in Santa Fe and thank you for your kind words.

850 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Great family spring break rate, but only an OK stay. Service at check-in and check-out was friendly and helpful. Room clean and adequate. Wireless service was terrible. Breakfast was disappointing -- very little fresh food available; instead, lots of sugary baked goods.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I am equally frustrated to learn you had wireless service problems, as we have recently upgraded everything again and were under the impression that all is well. I wish I knew which room you were staying in! Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you were caused, but please note we also have a business center to overcome any problems of this nature.

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed 4 nights and it was an enjoyable experience. I typically stay at B&B's or very small inns so staying at a larger hotel was a change for me. I missed the intimacy of smaller settings but the friendly staff and excellent service give Hotel Santa Fe a homier feel than I was expecting. My only peeve was that neither the package provider nor the hotel website mentioned the $18 dollar a day resort fee, When I arrived I had the basic King room on the ground floor. It was the room facing the front driveway so I requested an upgrade ($25.00 per night) and got a first floor room facing the rear of the building with a parking lot view but it was quiet. The room showed a little wear but it was well kept and very clean. The use of the little purple taxis and shuttle that are included in your $18.00 a day fee is a great amenity. I really enjoyed the pre-fixe dinner options available between 5:30 and 7:00 p.m. If you choose to have breakfast at the hotel you may wish to select from the menu rather than choose the $11.00 continental breakfast. I ate at a couple of other places and the only one I will note, which was suggested by a local, was the Plaza Café. It's an old fashioned diner, nothing fancy, there were tourists and townies and the food was delicious. I used the spa - they squeezed me in when I called after a day of visiting Bandolier and climbing up to the top of Tsankawi. I had a combination scrub and massage including the use of hot stones. It was fantastic. Another highlight was the Friday and Saturday night performance of a gentleman who played the guitar and native flute - beautiful. The little touch that I enjoyed the most were the native prayers and sayings that were left on the bed by the cleaning staff each day. Last but not least I enjoyed using the hot tub. It was wonderful sitting outside in the brisk March air after a full day of hiking. I would stay here again and would recommend it to other travelers.

Room Tip: I believe the upper floors are more expensive but I believe you have better rooms. I found my room...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind comments and we are all delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay. Your hiking sounds exhausting, but ia m also pleased to know that your Spa treatment was a success!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I can't say enough about what a great stay we had here. We stayed in the newer section of the hotel and had a wine and cheese reception each afternoon on the top floor lounge, next to the fireplace.
Each morning a Continental Breakfast was waiting in the same location. The food was always fresh, and the Butler Service was great. Robert, The Butler and two other gentlemen were always available for local information, and great restaurant advice.
The hotel shuttle would drop you off or pick you up within a mile of the hotel, and that distance covered all the local attractions and restaurants that Santa Fe is known for.
The room was clean, quiet and very comfortable. And the shower was absolutely perfect.
We will stay here each time we return to Santa Fe.

Room Tip: We had a Suite on the Fifth floor. Never heard anyone above or below.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
So very many thanks for your wonderful compliments!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

This was our second time staying at the Hotel Santa Fe. We love this hotel. The rooms are perfect, the staff is outstanding and the little purple London taxis that will chauffeur you almost anywhere made stay complete.

• Stayed March 2014
Hoping you will be back for a third visit soon?!

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We've stayed at many different hotels in Santa Fe over the past 35 years, but never at the Hotel Santa Fe. We've gone the economy route, the family-friendly avenue, and some slightly upscale places, but for this trip, we were looking for a little something special and preferably inside Paseo de Peralto. While there are many wonderful choices in this area, the Hotel Santa Fe was the only one with a reasonably priced mini suite - perfect for our family of three.

We found a Winter Special rate for a king suite on the website. Perfect! However, we noticed that the website was silent as to certain things, such as parking. A call to the hotel revealed that the hotel charges an $18 per day "activity fee" for parking, local shuttle, newspapers, coffee and tea, and use of the facilities. OK, I know that these fees are becoming more common, but not to even mention it on the website and surprise guests with it when they arrive? We still made the reservation, but the undisclosed fee colored our attitude somewhat.

Upon arrival, we entered a cozy lobby, somewhat small, but warm and intimate with southwest/Native American flair. The bar and restaurant are just past the check in area. The outdoor pool and spa are just around the corner, and the spa, fitness center, and Hacienda rooms are in a separate building behind the main lodge. We found all of the staff to be friendly and welcoming.

Our suite consisted of a living area and bedroom/bathroom that could be separated by folding doors. The decor is, once again, Southwestern and rather charming. The living room has a tiny balcony with a single chair for relaxing outside. Inside, each room has a flat screen TV. The rooms clearly have a patina of time, but are spotless. The furniture was a bit oversized for the rooms - a queen would have worked better than a king - and the mini bar would have been immensely more useful if it had contained a bar sink. It was also somewhat difficult to evenly monitor the water temperature in the shower. Minor complaints, however, as the bed was extremely comfortable, the pillows were fantastic, and the linens were of good quality. We were greated with an inspirational Native American message every day courtesy of our housekeeper.

OK, as to that "activity fee". The hotel does provide coffee and tea in the elevator lobby on each floor in the morning, three newspapers (Local, US Today, and Wall Street Journal) are available in the lobby, along with bottled water - just ask at the front desk. The parking is ample on open lots, and the shuttle is definitely a good amenity - there are 3 vehicles and no set route. The drivers will take you anywhere inside the Paseo de Peralta loop, Canyon Drive, or Museum Hill, and probably anywhere else close by that you need. Our first night, the shuttle was extremely fast and convenient, however, pickup on our next trip required 2 phone calls and a 30-minute wait. Still, it was musch more convenient than looking for downtown parking.

There were several spa treatments on sale during our visit. I signed up for one, a facial, but my skin care expert recommended a different treatment for my skin. I had a 15% off coupon, so the cost was similar. It was a wonderful experience and lasted longer than the suggested 60 minutes. Well worth the price.

We ended up eating a snack at the bar, but did not try the restaurant. I thought the prices were fairly reasonable for Santa Fe for breakfast and lunch, and our bar quesadilla was large and overstuffed with chicken. The restaurant is pricier at dinner, but they offer a reasonably priced and interesting-sounding fixed price dinner option from 5:30-7:00pm. In the morning, rather than opting for the Continental breakfast, visit the Sage Bakery directly across the street for wonderful pastries, tarts, quiches, and breads. Tomasita's restuarant (popular, but not my favorite) is a few hundred feet away, as are several other local dining spots.

The Hotel Santa Fe creates a loyal following with its warm and welcoming spirit. We met many families that return year after year. We will, too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review to tripadvisor.com.

I am delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay and that we took good care of you. Apologies for the Taxi cab wait on your second day. I will also address the visibility issue on our website regarding the A.R.T./Resort Fee Charge.

We look forward to seeing you again next year, if not before?!

Again, thank you!

Midland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife, grandson, and I returned to the Hotel Santa Fe for our second stay during spring break. We continue to be very pleased with the hotel. Our king suite was spacious, included a balcony, and two televisions. And, we were able to book at a very special rate, the best rate in Santa Fe for a top quality hotel. This hotel charges a resort fee, but is well worth it and our room rate remained less than other hotels even when including the resort fee. Hotel Santa Fe does not charge to park. Staff were friendly and helpful. My wife took advantate of an afternoon visit to the spa; she described her experience as amazing. Again, the only request, not complaint, we have of the hotel is to provide bell service to assist with bags.

Also, we ate dinner at Amaya, the hotel restaurant. We cannot imagine finding a better fine dining experience at a hotel. The menu offered a pre fixe dinner of $23.00! Please know that this favorable review is not based upon the price, but upon the quality of food and service. We thoroughly, completely enjoyed our fine dining experience due to the attentive wait staff and, of course, the delicious and artfully-plated food. My wife and I plan to return to the Hotel Santa Fe in August when we attend the opera. We probably will treat ourselves to a room at the Hacienda.

We highly recommend the Hotel Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony on the second or third floor. We stayed in room 365, a king suite loo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We sincerely thank you for your kind words and are delighted to learn that we took good care of you and you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again in August to enjoy the Opera!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!

Been to Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa? Share your experiences!