My wife and I, and our two young children stayed at The Hacienda and had a very enjoyable experience. We had never been to Santa Fe before and I chose The Hacienda because it appeared to provide the best value for the cost of the lodging.
The staff was extremely attentive to our needs, and fulfilled requests for a step stool (for the kids to use in the bathroom) and a loaner sled so we could enjoy the snow. Each evening the staff offered a turn down service, including chocolates, and checked in to see if we had any needs.
We enjoyed the inclusive breakfast and happy hour in the Hacienda lounge, which has its own wood burning fireplace, a patio and great mountain views. The hotel restaurant, Amaya, had very good food (including a kids menu) and a very nice atmosphere since it adjoined the hotel lounge and fireplace. The prix fixe menu ($23 for three courses) was a very good deal.
Our room, a fireplace king suite, was a good size for the family and included a terrace and queen sofa bed. There was a portable humidifier in the room which was a helpful amenity due to the dryness at Santa Fe's altitude. The bathroom had a very nice shower, but no tub. The living room could have used a closet, or at least a coat rack, to hold the big coats needed during cold weather months.
The hotel is not located in the center of Santa Fe but that wasn't a problem for us for a few of reasons. First, the hotel offers free shuttle service (which we used) to the center of town. Second, the walk to town is pretty easy (about half a mile) if the weather is nice. Finally, there are a bunch if interesting shops and restaurants right near the hotel including ones at the rail yard (which is right across the street) and along Guadalupe St.
All in all we were pleased with the hotel and would stay there again. It's important to know that local taxes and the $15 per day resort fee will increase your bill by roughly $50 per night over the base rate. I knew this at the time of booking so it wasn't a problem. The array of services that the hotel offers (including wifi) makes the fee a palatable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Santa Fe and the Hacienda and Spa, the only Native American Owned hotel in Santa Fe, is located just blocks from the Santa Fe Plaza in historic downtown Santa Fe and in the heart of the Guadalupe Railyard District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Santa Fe & Hacienda Santa Fe
- Hotel Santa Fe And Hacienda And Spa