“Hotel Santa Fe is a beautiful, stimulating, friendly place” 5 of 5 stars

Sparkle Pre-Holiday Sale
Ranked #14 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Davis, California
“Hotel Santa Fe is a beautiful, stimulating, friendly place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Our recent stay was a wonderful treat. Having stayed in Santa Fe eight times previously, this was our first stay at the Hotel Santa Fe. It was a joy! The service was friendly and efficient. The design and overall artistic integrity of the hotel common spaces and rooms was an esthetic delight. The leadership of the hotel and dining room staff is serious and committed. We enjoyed observing how the wait staff was directed toward efficient, caring service--and we found the service impeccable. Everything in the dining room "clicks" and the menu and food preparation were superb. Although "off the Plaza", getting there is simple and clearly something the hotel is keen on facilitating. We have a long time love of contemporary Native American art and found the gift shop to be an astonishing, concise review of that topic from the Santa Fe School to the present. Clearly, much thought has gone into conceptualizing the entire esthetic experience for the visitor--and we thought it worked for us!!

Room Tip: Take the time to discuss what you want with the very pleasant reservation staff. Making the reserva...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Wonderful words of encouragement so gratefully received!! Thank you very much for writing to tripadvisor.com. We did indeed spend a great deal of time hunting down the artwork and contents of the Hotel and add some touches every year!

Your complimetns have been specifically passed on to all the restaurant/kitchen staff.

Many thanks!!

kinna wachii xoum kowia - Peace, Love and Joy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We were delighted to find the Hotel Santa Fe to be the perfect refuge for our small group of snowbound travelers during the recent Arctic blast. The attentive staff soon made us forget our cares by serving a delicious candleight supper near the warming kiva fireplace. Although we had not originallly planned to spend the night our wonderful experience made us not want to leave ! The bed was uncommonly comfortable and the decor of our room and public areas very special. The hotel even provided all the necessities we had left home without. What began as an unexpected night away from home quickly became a lovely night to remember.

Room Tip: The Hacienda is delightful !!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Wonder to learn that we persuaded you to stay with us and please come back soon! Wishing you and your family a joyous holiday season!

kinna wachii xoum kowia - Peace, Love and Joy
montreal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

the hotel was not bad but the spa is nothing special and after spending 500$ at the spa and presented my 10% coupon at the front desk they refused to honor it and said it had to be presented at the time of booking. this left a very bad taste in my mouth and felt it is not the proper way to treat customers. after all it was the front desk that gave me the coupon and now they used the fine print on the coupon to not honor their agreement

Room Tip: make sure you present your spa coupon at the time you visit spa not after they wont honor it
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Yes!!! We did not handle this issue as best we could!! The Spa is operated by a third party and based on your experience we/they have changed the policy and going forward, with or without a coupon, the 10% is an automatic for Hotel guests.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you were caused and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I believe you were shortchanged with the credit and I will send you the additional $15 if I can find your address!!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is the only Native American owned hotel in Santa Fe and the artifacts and decor are authentic. Pet indulgent is the mantra-my pug enjoyed being able to sit in the lobby dining area.
The complimentary pet/human amenity basket-treats for pooches and humans-bowls, bed, dog biscuits, truffles for human guests, a bottle of wine and fresh fruit. We were given a map of pooch friendly parks, walks and hikes and even complimentary dog walking! Wifi and parking are included. The room was comfortable and well appointed.

The hotel's restaurant-Amayo is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with seasonal dining in patio and private tepees. Great prix fixe dinner-tortilla soup, chicken, lemon tart for dessert.
Complimentary shuttle service-1 mile radius and to airport. Native American flautist performs in lounge on Friday and Saturday evenings.

A great central location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Many thanks for your kind words and so happy to know that your pug also had a good time! Have a wonderful holiday season!!

ko piane ca whachii - May Blessings Come Your Way
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic!!! The staff was more than nice, they went above and beyond. Absolutely no complaints!!!! Views from the rooms of mountains are amazing. We will definitely be returning to this location on our return visits to Santa Fe.

• Stayed December 2012
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you! And please come back soon!!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Can't say enough about this place. Perfect fireplace in lobby bar with Indian themed rooms. I understand that the property is native owned. This place has all the amenities of a major property but the charm of an Inn. The purple British cabs will take you anywhere but it's a short walk downtown. Remarkable

• Stayed November 2012
We thank you for your kind words and so appreciate being called a “gem” and “remarkable”. Thank you so much!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I are avid travelers, and always travel at least once a month, if not more. We stayed over Thanksgiving at the Hotel Santa Fe. I had read many positive reviews of the place, but I am going to be frank in my review. To begin, the hotel is in a lovely location, right downtown, within walking distance of the many shops, galleries and restaurants Santa Fe has to offer, (go to Sage Bakery each morning for a chocolate croissant--delish, and it's just across the street) and has relatively pretty decor and pretty views. The price was fair, but I have stayed in chain hotels for less and received more amenities than I did here. This is where things begin to go awry for the hotel. I was not told upon booking that I would be charged an extra $15 per night for parking and internet and etc. It's not that big of a deal, but the fact that this is not told to you upfront seemed like a cheap shot to me. Another criticism I have is the size of the rooms. Please be aware: The value priced rooms are TINY, and if you happen to have a lot of luggage (we never do, we are super light travelers) you will have no where to put it. Also the pet policy. I HAVE NEVER stayed at a "luxury hotel" where there is a pet policy as lax as it was here. I'm a dog lover--just not a lover of yappy dogs barking in the room next door to me. Everywhere we looked there were dogs--dogs pooping, dogs barking, dogs in the hall. NOT a huge fan of hearing yappy dogs in the rooms next door while I'm trying to relax on vacation. Another problem was the shower. The shower head was--well, I don't know how to explain it. I felt like I was being spit upon, and the spit went from SUPER HOT to SUPER COLD the entire shower. It may have just been the room that I was in, but it was not a good time. The final complaint I would like to contribute in my review is the state of the bed comforter. There were many BROWN STAINS on the top of the bed comforter. We noticed them after we got settled in, and didn't feel like changing rooms, so we just stripped the bed and used our sleeping bags instead. I am not one to review unfairly, so I would also like to add that perhaps this could have just been a one time deal. It was Thanksgiving weekend, and things were super busy. To finalise: the location, price, and kindness of the staff were huge POSTIVES. If you are on budget, do not travel with lots of luggage, do not mind dog noise, and are seeking an average/little bit above average place to stay, then this hotel might be for you. Again, the staff were kind and courteous, and the location is great.

Room Tip: If you choose a value priced room, be ready for a very small space.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I am confused by the “comforter” remark as we three sheet our beds? But our sincere apologies for any stains you found as that is certainly unacceptable and not up to our standards.

We are indeed a dog friendly Hotel, but your comments are very unusual as they are normally well behaved! I wish you had told us at the time and we would certainly respond to any such issue.

We wish you well on your travels and are sorry for the inconvenience you were caused.

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.

Been to Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa? Share your experiences!