“Five Stars for Hotel Santa Fe & Hacienda and Spa” 5 of 5 stars

Summer on Sale
Ranked #15 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Five Stars for Hotel Santa Fe & Hacienda and Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

What a dream week we had staying at Hotel Santa Fe & Hacienda and Spa. Our goals and expectations for our Thanksgiving break were exceeded, thanks to the outstanding and kind staff at Hotel Santa Fe.

Check-in was a breeze and our lovely room was immaculate and ready for us to unpack quickly, organize and prepare for the many activities we had planned. The location of Hotel Santa Fe is perfect for walking into the plaza for meals, sightseeing and to closer restaurants and sites as well. We also were so impressed with the shuttle car and bus service. A simple call to the hotel with your street location and the car is there within 7 minutes.

Unwinding and happy, we enjoyed talking with our fellow travelers so much because the environment is so friendly and warm. There were always goodies, coffee and other refreshments available in the welcome area and a coffee center is available in the foyer of each floor of the hotel.

Our major excursions included enjoying the artwork of Georgia O'Keefe at her gallery and museum; taking hiking trips to Bandelier State Park and Tent Rocks State Park in the Cochiti Pueblo area. Both hiking trails are excellent and touring the caves at Bandelier and seeing the amazing igneous rock formations at Tent Rocks was breathtaking. The beautiful weather allowed us to complete the trips to Chimayo and visit the chapel, enjoy mass and buy gifts and we also visited the Don Quixote distillery and wine tasting center and enjoyed five tastes for $15. All in the same glorious sunfilled afternoon.

By all means schedule all the spa treatments you can because the experience is glorious, healing and so helpful. Gladys provided me with an exquisite facial and hair removal treatment that brought new life to me. Her deep healing products are so amazing and the results were astounding. But Gladys is the real prize. What a brilliant and kind woman of healing. Thank you, Gladys!! I am forever grateful and can't wait until I see you again! Bridgette was also excellent in providing me with wisdom as she gave me the best pedicure of my life and healed my scaly feet with a warm footbath and gentle softening for my scaly heels! Thank you, Bridgette!

As we wrapped up our Thanksgiving stay, we enjoyed the delicious Thanksgiving dinner, with a carving center that provided prime rib, roast duck, buffalo short ribs and turkey. All were exquisitely prepared and delicious. The green chile stuffing with apples, cranberries and soft nuts was wonderful, as were the cranberries, the fresh cheese and cracker trays, the yams were heavenly and the assortment of breads and rolls was limitless. Of course divine dessert choices included pumpkin and pecan pies and a delicious espresso pot de creme.

Thank you, Hotel Santa Fe & Hacienda and Spa staff, chefs, concierge and shuttle service for one of the most delightful weeks of our lives! God bless you all richly!!

Pam and Tom Bulla
Houston, Texas

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Wow!! Thank you for staying with us, for writing to tripadvisor.com and especially for such gracious and kind words which I have passed on to everyone at the Hotel and Spa!

It is truly rewarding and encouraging to receive such positive remarks. I hope you will have an equally wonderful break over the Christmas holidays and also hope that you will return to Santa Fe and stay with us again soon!

ko piane ca whachii - May Blessings Come Your Way

853 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Santa Fe and Hacienda November 10th or 3 nights. We stayed in the Hacienda and had access to the lounge for cocktail hour and a very hearty continental breakfast both of which were wonderful. The butlers were very accommodating and would reach out to see if we had everything we needed. They were always there to recommend a restaurant or somewhere to pick up pizza. (excellent recommendations by the way) There were 3 of us in a room with 2 double beds. Although I was aware of this when I booked the room...i guess i thought my daughter and I could share a bed. It was a little tight! One the second night one of the butlers offered a cot. Little did he know I was about to ask. There were many little touches that went above and beyond any hotel I've stayed including the decor with the authentic indian treasures, a fruit basket upon arrival, the rain shower head, the candies left on the bed, the kiva fireplace to name a few. Some have complained about the $15 HEAART charge...Just built it in with the charge. It gave us access to the internet and the shuttle if we wanted to take it to town. We found the walk to town was relatively quick so we didn't use the shuttle. The last surprise when we left. As i checked out..the person at the front desk offered us bottled water to take with us. I have stayed in many hotels but never a place that really catered to their guests. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I have just responded to a couple of caustic or less than happy reviews, so to read your remarks is truly uplifting!

Thank you for your very kind words and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we took good care of you.

Wishing you and your family a very Happy Holiday Season!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have been to this hotel several times over the past 15 years.
I have to say I used to love this place.

I want to compliment the place first by saying that I love that it is dog friendly and for that I am grateful.
But after that, my compliments go way down.
It seem like the hotel is past its prime.
At first they tried to put us in the worlds smallest room where you could barely turn around.
We asked to be put in another room as it was only 58% full.
They did do that.
BUT, in every room, the TV's are ancient, the rooms are small, and it seem ...well just worn.
I understand the economy might make it so that they can't upgrade things in a timely fashion, but this place needs to pick things up a bit.
(And why is it that hotels have to use one-ply paper...why?)

I want to say nice things...I do...as this place has a sentimental place in my heart, but I think next time I visit Santa Fe, I will stay elsewhere.

It's fine for an average hotel...but I expected soooo much more.
The staff is nice!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a bigger room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I can assure you that our room sizes have not changed in all the years that you have stayed with us?! So, I am confused as to why you should suddenly find fault.

We have an ongoing extensive refurbishing of our rooms every year, so are sorry you were disappointed and also sorry you will be moving on?!

Whilst we continue to change out our TVs, I am perplexed that guests to Santa Fe to watch TV!!

kinna wachii xoum kowia - Peace, Love and Joy
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was centrally located, about a mile from the plaza. You can walk to the plaza in about 20 minutes. If you do not feel like walking the hotel offers a free shuttle: small bus or London cab (very cool). The hotel was very quiet at night. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will return very soon.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon!

kii thu wia‘‘ kanna thu wia - Our House is Your House
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel Santa Fe is a quaint hotel located near great shopping and restaurants. They have a shuttle that will take you Downtown and to the Plaza. The rooms are clean, but could use a little updating. The staff is really nice and the hotel bar is small, but it's stocked! And the coffee bar on each floor in the mornings is a great plus!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony that overlooks the pool, the view is much better.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Yes, we love those “best friends”!

xoum wia‘‘ pia pianee - Love, Light and Laughter
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

HSF was a charming hotel, and overall we had a good experience. The hotel Is located about 20 minutes walking distance from the plaza, but they offer a free car service which was great. The rooms are nice and clean but dated. Overall it is a good value for the price, but there are much nicer (and more charming) options in Santa Fe.

• Stayed November 2012
I am glad you believe we are “good value” but beg to disagree that there are more charming options in Santa Fe?!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Kailua, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The recent experience at Hotel Santa Fe & Hacienda and Spa was exceptionally positive. My husband and I have stayed at this hotel on different occasions over the years while attending professional conferences in Santa Fe. Specifically, the front desk staff were courteous and responsive to our needs. Room service was very reliable and accommodating. Meals in the restaurant were savory with excellent service. Rooms were clean, well designed and appropriately decorated and we particularly enjoyed the balcony. Transportation via shuttle into nearby Santa Fe was provided. Overall, the aesthetic beauty, charm and Native American influence of this hotel is evident as there were so many extras which make Hotel Santa Fe & Hacienda and Spa top quality in all respects.

Room Tip: We would recommend a suite with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your great comments/compliments and we are delighted to learn we took good care of you. Please come back soon!!

ko piane ca whachii - May Blessings Come Your Way

Been to Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa? Share your experiences!