What a dream week we had staying at Hotel Santa Fe & Hacienda and Spa. Our goals and expectations for our Thanksgiving break were exceeded, thanks to the outstanding and kind staff at Hotel Santa Fe.
Check-in was a breeze and our lovely room was immaculate and ready for us to unpack quickly, organize and prepare for the many activities we had planned. The location of Hotel Santa Fe is perfect for walking into the plaza for meals, sightseeing and to closer restaurants and sites as well. We also were so impressed with the shuttle car and bus service. A simple call to the hotel with your street location and the car is there within 7 minutes.
Unwinding and happy, we enjoyed talking with our fellow travelers so much because the environment is so friendly and warm. There were always goodies, coffee and other refreshments available in the welcome area and a coffee center is available in the foyer of each floor of the hotel.
Our major excursions included enjoying the artwork of Georgia O'Keefe at her gallery and museum; taking hiking trips to Bandelier State Park and Tent Rocks State Park in the Cochiti Pueblo area. Both hiking trails are excellent and touring the caves at Bandelier and seeing the amazing igneous rock formations at Tent Rocks was breathtaking. The beautiful weather allowed us to complete the trips to Chimayo and visit the chapel, enjoy mass and buy gifts and we also visited the Don Quixote distillery and wine tasting center and enjoyed five tastes for $15. All in the same glorious sunfilled afternoon.
By all means schedule all the spa treatments you can because the experience is glorious, healing and so helpful. Gladys provided me with an exquisite facial and hair removal treatment that brought new life to me. Her deep healing products are so amazing and the results were astounding. But Gladys is the real prize. What a brilliant and kind woman of healing. Thank you, Gladys!! I am forever grateful and can't wait until I see you again! Bridgette was also excellent in providing me with wisdom as she gave me the best pedicure of my life and healed my scaly feet with a warm footbath and gentle softening for my scaly heels! Thank you, Bridgette!
As we wrapped up our Thanksgiving stay, we enjoyed the delicious Thanksgiving dinner, with a carving center that provided prime rib, roast duck, buffalo short ribs and turkey. All were exquisitely prepared and delicious. The green chile stuffing with apples, cranberries and soft nuts was wonderful, as were the cranberries, the fresh cheese and cracker trays, the yams were heavenly and the assortment of breads and rolls was limitless. Of course divine dessert choices included pumpkin and pecan pies and a delicious espresso pot de creme.
Thank you, Hotel Santa Fe & Hacienda and Spa staff, chefs, concierge and shuttle service for one of the most delightful weeks of our lives! God bless you all richly!!
Pam and Tom Bulla
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Santa Fe And Hacienda And Spa
- Hotel Santa Fe & Hacienda
- Hotel Santa Fe & Hacienda Santa Fe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Santa Fe and the Hacienda and Spa, the only Native American Owned hotel in Santa Fe, is located just blocks from the Santa Fe Plaza in historic downtown Santa Fe and in the heart of the Guadalupe Railyard District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Priceline, TravelClick, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, EasyToBook, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.