“Don't sleep and run, stick around & savor this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Summer on Sale
Ranked #14 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Don't sleep and run, stick around & savor this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay here. We arrived much later than intended and didn't get to savor this wonderful place. It was soooo relaxing and the staff were absolutely superb. This is one of the best places we've ever stayed in the past 30+ years. The only weakness from my perspective was the continental breakfast... it was "too healthy" for my taste. If we return to Santa Fe, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Many thanks for staying with us and we do have some “not so healthy” items on request - maybe next time?!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

871 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I loved this hotel! My Fireplace Suite was in the Hacienda and had a beautiful living room with gas kiva fireplace; a large bedroom with comfy king bed; a wonderful, huge bathroom; and large balcony. It became the " hang out" and meeting place for my friends who stayed elsewhere, much to their chagrin after seeing my hotel. I enjoyed everything so much, including the continental breakfasts and afternoon wine and treats served by the "Butlers" each day in the comfortable common room on the top floor of the Hacienda. I was so busy enjoying Santa Fe with friends that I failed to partake of the wonderful spa, so I must return soon. A most fabulous hotel and suite, perfectly located, with complimentary shuttle service to everything of interest, so I could park, free by the way, and let someone else drive when I wanted to, really a plus! I have found my home away from home in Santa Fe and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Try a Fireplace Suite in the Hacienda, it's worth every penny!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
We do hope you will indeed return soon?! Your “fantastic” compliments are so kind. Your “home away from home” awaits your return visit. Many thanks!

kii thu wia‘‘ kanna thu wia - Our House is Your House
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in room 383 at the Hotel Santa Fe for 4 nights and found the whole place to be fantastic in so many ways. The thoughtfulness and pride with which the staff operate made our stay very special and we would gladly return again. What shortcomings the hotel had (and it did, I am sad to report); it somehow achieved ways of easily overcoming them.

The room was adequate in size - fitting in a sitting area, a mini bar, as well as a balcony overlooking the patio with a decorative teepee. The adjoining bedroom had a large bed which got more comfortable with each night (my first impression was that it was soft, but it turned out to be great) and somehow they had managed to squeeze in two large television sets in the room, so should one of the guests be sleeping the other could sit in the sitting area without disturbing them.

The bathroom was a little on the small side, so only one person can get ready at a time. There was a small sink area outside the actual room with the bath, shower and toilet, so one could rotate. Toiletries were very nice and ample towels were provided.

The venue was a little out of the way - this should not be a negative as they provide a useful (sort of*) free shuttle that gets you anywhere worth vIsiting within a mile of the hotel. That said, the hotel is a quick drive to downtown, the local CVS or Whole Foods and as I mention the shuttle is always close by to take one anywhere else - such as the galleries or the museums.
The actual hotel has a restuarant with an excellent menu and great service and it also comes with a gym, a hot tub, a pool as well as a spa - which I thought a little overpriced.

Parking was ample and (sort of*) free.

The positive aspects include the most helpful friendly staff I have encountered in awhile - the front desk staff were all particularly kind and any request was met with a smile and an eagerness to help as best they could. The hotel also bills itself as the only Native American owned hotel in Santa Fe - which some might find a positive.

The negative aspects include the strange HEAART* fee the hotel includes in your total price - this fee provides you with 'free' parking, 'free' wifi, the 'free' shuttle and some other things. This fee comes at a daily cost of $15 and I overheard several guests complaining to the front desk about it, or asking if they can not pay it. It seems you have to pay it, so why the hotel doesn't just include it in the price boggles the mind of this reviewer. It just seems to over-complicate things.
That said I enjoyed the shuttle; I used the parking and the wifi was okay - although you had to re-log in every time you connected which can be a chore for long stays.
I also understand a portion of the HEAART fee goes to supporting local NPO's - but I dislike paying money to charities I do not know myself.
The other negative was that the hotel provided free tea and coffee from 7.30am till midday and then charged you for it afterwards. This seemed strange.

To conclude my stay at the Hotel Santa Fe was excellent despite all its strange quirks and complicated rules - wifi should just work, parking should be free or not, shuttles should come at no cost or with a cost - if coffee is free, it should be so all day.
That said I cannot say I had a bad stay. It was very good. And I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Your critique of your stay is gratefully received and we re pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and will return in spite of our “quirks”. To address the HEAART Fee, it is often known as a parking, wifi or resort fee at our competitors and we choose to highlight it as a separate charge instead of adding it to the room charge which would equate to the same difference!? It highlights the facilities we provide, as well as a contribution to our local charities. It is an acronym for “Health, Education, Art (Charities), Amenities, Resources and Transportation (and Parking)” at the Hotel!
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Excellent front desk service, beautifully decorated and clean room, comfortable bed, spa-like amenities in the room, workout facilities, gourmet restaurant, continental breakfast, and shuttles to sites.

Room Tip: The Hacienda rooms in theh spa are outstanding!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Your wonderful kind and gracious words are so very encouraging to all of us and thank for you taking the time to write to tripadvisor.com on our behalf. We hope you will be able to come back and stay with us again soon. Many thanks.

ko piane ca whachii - May Blessings Come Your Way
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was a guest of this hotel Oct. 25-29, 2012 for a conference in the Santa Fe area. I was drawn to this particular hotel (though in addition to this hotel, several others were also suggested in my conference literature) because this one is "Native American owned"...at least in part. I liked that. From the photos I viewed online, I could see that this hotel appeared to be quite comfortable. It was. However, it was really much more than just comfortable. In fact, my whole experience there over the course of 5 days was exceedingly pleasant. The facility itself is well located to attractions in the city, very attractively designed and appointed... and well maintained (including the grounds). My room was spacious, yet cozy and quiet. The heat/air thermostat in my room adjusted quickly to any changes. Luxury sheets, pillows and ample complimentary toiletries/soaps were provided.
Every member of the staff I encountered...front desk attendants, restaurant servers, bartender, housekeeping personnel, gift shop clerks, shuttle drivers...absolutely every one was friendly, professional, helpful, courteous and responsive to my needs. I cannot think of any other spot, store, company, etc. today where one encounters that blend of qualities in a staff.
The lobby area is spacious and has a relaxing atmosphere with pleasant music...and live music on weekend nights. There is much literature (leaflets, glossy pamphlets, etc.) about the Santa Fe area available in the lobby. Restaurant food is very good...and I'm fussy (I've just written a cookbook).
Unfortunately, I did not have time to visit the spa...I will next time.
If I had to say anything negative, I really couldn't say much... except that I would have liked a little more light in my room. Had I asked for that (I didn't),
I have no doubt I would have been provided more light. In any case, I will stay there (and only there) again when I come to Santa Fe. Such graciousness...thank you!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
And we do not “hesitate” to thank you so very much for your detailed commentary and kind words which are gratefully received.

Please come back soon!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I attend a professional meeting each year at The Hotel Santa Fe. The hotel and service have always been good, but it has even improved in recent years. The rooms are little suites with a seating area and bedroom with a comfy bed. Coffee and tea are available in the mornings in an area near the elevator on each floor. It's fun to see the other guests in their pajamas and adds a convivial touch to the mornings. The staff are attentive and always pleasant. The adobe feeling of the hotel adds a Santa Fe feeling to the experience. Great location! I highly recommend The Hotel Santa Fe!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We continue to strive to improve everything at the Hotel and are so delighted to learn that perhaps our service is improving. Thank you for returning and staying with us and we hope to see you next year!
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

After visiting 41 countries and 50 states, we have stayed in well over a hundred hotels. Never, not once, has any hotel exceeded our expectations to the degree that Hotel Santa Fe did.

Ambiance, art work, food, and the most welcoming staff we've ever encountered--all these things made our stay completely enjoyable. Though I know we'll omit someone's name, we give kudos to: Paul Margetson (G.M.); Antoinette Orta, Sales mgr.; Raymond Garcia (bellman); Eloy and Gabe (and others), Front Desk; Lawrence (at their amazing Amaya restaurant); Pete (one of their shuttle drivers); and, many, many more. ALL personnel made us feel welcome and "at home"--and feeling "at home" is a rare treat when traveling.

What a wonderful experience it was. We will return to Hotel Santa Fe because it is a warm, welcoming place to stay--staffed by exceptional people. Thanks to all who met and helped us.

Room Tip: Their Junior Suite is large, and ours had a balcony for quiet star and sunset viewing.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so very grateful for your wonderful kind words. Your compliments are so encouraging to us all and we are delighted to learn that you were pleased with all of our staff, services and facilities. Please do come back soon!

Been to Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa? Share your experiences!