My fiance is orginally from New Mexico and wanted to show me the very best of "The Land of Enchantment." Mission Accomplished!! A critical piece to showing me the very best was staying at the Hotel Santa Fe and Hacienda & Spa. We checked in after a wary day of traveling from ABQ to Ojo Caliente. We were tired and hungry and needed to get a good soak. We were stoked because the hotel turned out to be right across the street to Tomasita's, a staple in Santa Fe and one of my fiance's favorite restaurants of all time. The front desk clerk was prompt and empathetic to our need to get to the room right away. She got us handled immediately and directed us to our room at the Hacienda. It was a full house that weekend, but they made us feel as though we were the only ones staying there. Incredible attention to detail. The maid. Maira was there immediately with additional towels and water.
The hotel is 5 star easily. It is a boutique style hotel, but what makes it even cooler and little more stylish then La Fonda or Four Seasons, also amazing options, but VERY spendy, is that they have some real appreciation for the native culture. Artifacts adorn the halls and it just had a very warm feeling, in general.
The following morning we went up to the 6th floor for their "continental breakfast." It was pretty good, with lots of homemade goodies to have with their amazing coffee and impressive selection of Tazo teas, my favorite. What was even more amazing was the view of the surrounding mountains while the warm New Mexico sun warmed the patio outside. Complete set up with umbrellas and nice big tables.
We visited the concierge for ideas on lunch on the Plaza and she provided very accurate directions and realistic expectations. Very helpful!! Gabe at the front desk was awesome the following day in getting us all wrapped up and directing us through the town and onto the 14 for a scenic ride on the "Turquoise Trail."
The hotel made the trip all worth while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Santa Fe and the Hacienda and Spa, the only Native American Owned hotel in Santa Fe, is located just blocks from the Santa Fe Plaza in historic downtown Santa Fe and in the heart of the Guadalupe Railyard District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Santa Fe And Hacienda And Spa
- Hotel Santa Fe & Hacienda Santa Fe