“Loved everything about this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Fuel Your Fall Package
Ranked #14 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Loved everything about this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night at this hotel on the way to Sedona, AZ for our honeymoon and just absolutely loved it. The front desk staff is friendly and the shuttle is so convenient. The driver even recommended so great restaurants. They upgraded our room since it was our honeymoon and when we got back from dinner there was champagne and strawberries waiting in our room. I can not recommend this place enough! Thanks for a great start to our honeymoon!!

• Stayed August 2012
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your kind words.

‘‘-na pho-‘‘-na - Congratulations!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Ely, the Front desk duty manager was extremely rude and did not honor reservation agents offer to reserve for a 2nd night at checkin and only let us stay for one night. No follow up by the real manager so do not expect any service if there is any problems. Ely would be fired if he was my employee. Also had to deal with hassle of hotel putting someone else's dinner on my bill which took an hour and a half for front desk to solve and remove from the bill. Jr. Suite was very small with rough scratchy sheets on pull out. Room looked 20 years old with many stains on the carpet and toilet/shower used low quality fixtures. Still using old tube tv which had lousy picture. Hotel was filled with old pretentious people and the rooms need updating. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
I am sorry that Eloy was not kinder to you, but he has been with us for many many years and renown for his gentle disposition.

The real issue was a mis-communication on our part, as you did not wish to make your reservation for a second night when you made your original request - we incorrectly advised you to let us know upon arrival and did not add the words “subject to availability”. Unfortunately, upon your arrival, we did not have any rooms available for the second night and this obviously soured your opinion of us and your experience for the only night you stayed with us!!

With apologies.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We booked a fire-place king in the Hacienda part of the hotel and it lived up to our expectations as well as the fitness centre with its nice terrace opportunity. Quiet and clean.

What disappointed us was the poor continental breakfast and the sloppiness of the staff, eg wrong directions, missed turn-down services etc. I guess the mgmt should focus on getting these customer service things right first, rather than apologise and apologise later without actually giving out anything but lip service to unhappy customers.

Same situation with the so called butlers who are supposed to be around to help, but appear to be just tip-hungry bell-boys.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I am equally disappointed that we apparently let you down, but thank you for bringing these points to my attention! I can assure you we are always here to help (and not driven by tips!).
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Hotel Santa Fe is special in every way! After visiting Santa Fe many times in the past and staying at Hotel Santa Fe on 4 separate occasions I can wholeheartedly say "this is now my hotel in Santa Fe". From the expert booking experience with Jenna, to the attentive and gentle oversight by front office manager Eloy, to a lovely dining experience complete with the Native Americal music of Ron Roybal this could not have been a more satisfying stay. The hotel staff cares about your requests and go beyond any service you might expect - from saving complimentary copies of The New York Times; to prompt shuttle service to downtown locations; to fresh coffee if you wake up too late to have the coffee service available every morning on each floor; to detailed houskeeping services; to providing small refrigerators free of charge for the room; and more. And the place itself is so restful and welcoming - even though we visited during the summer high season. Thank you to everyone at Hotel Santa Fe for making our stay so memorable - we can hardly wait to return.

Room Tip: Ask for the room location your prefer, and the staff will likely accommodate you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
And we thank you so very much for staying with us and your kind words are a great boost to our morale! We look forward to welcoming you back - soon we hope?!

kii thu wia‘‘ kanna thu wia - Our House is Your House
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe for 5 days at the end of July and the begining of August, and I was very pleased that I had selected it. The staff were very pleasant and made an effort at every turn to be very accommodating; for example, when on my first morning there were no more copies of the New York Times available, the employee at the front desk volunteered to save one at the desk every morning marked with my room number so that there would be one for me every day. The wait staff in the restaurant, the doorman at the front door, and everyone I dealt with at the front desk were always very friendly and welcoming whenever I came in or out. I found my room comfortable and very quiet, and the lobby was a nice place to sit and have a cup of coffee or read the paper. I very much appreciated the free wi-fi available to me in my room.

The only criticisms I had would be minor ones. For example, the room did not have shades or draperies, but only wooden-slat venetian blinds. This meant that the room could not be made completely dark, and in the morning there was a small gap between the edge of the blind and the window frame that allowed a beam of morning sun to shine directly onto the face of the person sleeping in the bed, which was probably not anticipated by the decorator. There was also, oddly, no hot water at all in the bathroom on the morning I departed. This problem was eventually solved, but there was no explanation for it at the time. However, these were the only minor glitches in an otherwise very enjoyable stay, and I expect that I shall stay at the Hotel Santa Fe again on my next visit to this delightful city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
With sincere apologies for the hot water problem. It took our engineer a while to figure out the solution, but then quickly restored probably after you had departed!!

Also, your point concerning the blinds deserves further investigation and I will look into it.

Your compliments are greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to write to tripadvisor.com

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

What a great hotel. After five weeks in a road trip, we decided to stop by Santa Fe and celebrate my birthday there. Never been in the city or New Mexico before, the whole thing was kind of random, but we had a great surprise. The hotel's building inspire peace, its location is tranquil and ease, the pool or the jacuzzi are not crowded, the service is seamless and zero hassle and, last but not least, an amazing restaurant with a spectacular twist to otherwise simple recipes, along with a helpful and not-overbearing but very receptive waitresses. I would return there any time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
So glad you found New Mexico and then “randomly” found our Hotel! Your kind words are gratefully received and we are all delighted to learn that you had a peaceful/tranquil stay. Belated birthday greetings!

kinna wachii xoum kowia - Peace, Love and Joy
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel leaves nothing to chance. For the thousands who come each summer for SF's world renoun opera season, booking a package at this hotel is seamless. For one price, your accommodation, meals, transportation, a spa treatment and choice of opera is handled to perfection, by possibly the friendliest and most capable staff of any hotel in the city. Additionally, rooms are charming and food is delicious.

Room Tip: With the package, comes a suite, but most of the suites have just a kingsize bed, so if you are frie...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you so very much for your gracious and kind comments. We are delighted to learn that your “opera package” was a success!

kii thu wia‘‘ kanna thu wia - Our House is Your House

Been to Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa? Share your experiences!