“Fabulous vacation spot” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Detroit
“Fabulous vacation spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe in a Hacienda Suite for 6 nights at the end of May. We chose this hotel because we wanted a suite, a gym and a swimming pool. There were a few other hotels that had all of those amenities but either the rooms were too small or the rate was much higher. Additionally, almost all of the other hotels charged for internet, parking and use of the gym. All were included in the price of this hotel. This hotel is a little bit away from the downtown area so the price was much lower. We were extremely pleased with our choice. First, the hotel itself is very pretty with a nice layout. The suite we stayed in was very comfortable with a nice sized bedroom and a nice living area with a pull-out couch. The bathroom was very nice as well. There was also a small terrace outside the living area which was a perfect place to sip coffee and stare out at the mountains. The hacienda offers a free continental breakfast each morning with coffee, tea, juice, cereal, croissants, bagels, granola, milk, lots of fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs and oatmeal. While some may prefer a larger breakfast, this was perfect for us as the food in New Mexico is really delicious and we wanted to save room for a great lunch and dinner each day. There is also a free happy hour each afternoon from 4:30 to 7, I believe, where they offer wine, coffee and some food such as tacquitos, crackers and cheese or egg rolls. There is turn-down service each night with a pretty box of chocolates left on each bed. Regarding the hotel's location, it is literally less than a very casual ten minute walk from the downtown area. The result is that you can be in town in minutes, but you have a very quiet location to stay at. There is also a free shuttle service from and back to the hotel that is always available. Another nice thing about this location is that if you walk in the other direction, away from the downtown area, you are in a local community with really good restaurants and art galleries. I think if you stayed at any other hotel you would never experience this area. The staff at the hotel was superb! Every single person went out of their way to assist us and everyone was extremely friendly. The staff made us feel as though we were guests in their home. I did have an opportunity to use the spa and that was excellent as well. One of the best massages I have ever had. The gym was a bit small, but unfortunately, I was not able to use it more than once anyway. I had not quite adjusted to the altitude and working out gave me a really bad headache. My husband did use it every day. One last thing - the bed was REALLY comfortable. I am extremely picky and this was one of the best beds I have slept in - rivaled only by Westin beds.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room in the Hacienda. We were in suite 603 which was really nice and extremely q...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This was the second time my wife and I have stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe and it's better than ever. Staff is always helpful and courteous, good location walking distance to the Plaza and also across the street from the new redeveloped Railyard District, nice grounds, on-call transportation anywhere to Canyon Rorad or anywhere downtown. We didn't do the spa so we can't speak to that. Rooms are fine -- need to update the TVs and bathrooms, but otherwise very good. Recommended!

Room Tip: 3rd floor (top floor) is the quietest.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
New TVs should be arriving this year and some bathrooms have been remodeled but it will take a little longer to complete all of them!! Thank you for staying with us again.

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!
Amarillo, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Over 100 of us attended a retreat May 4-6 at Hotel Santa Fe. We found the hotel to be lovely, the staff friendly and accommodating, the coffee and food excellent quality and the free shuttle a wonderful perk! The beds and pillows were comfortable. I would definitely go back with family or on another retreat.

Room Tip: Rooms are very "New Mexico" and lovely, but a bit on the small side if you want to have se...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you!!! And please do come back again soon!!

ko piane ca whachii - May Blessings Come Your Way
Maplewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed in a very nice room in the Hacienda wing of the hotel. It is a separate building with its own keycard entry and is connected to the main building via a covered walkway. After I checked in at the front desk in the main wing, I was accompanied to the Hacienda by the butler on duty, who was very helpful in explaining the overall facility and directions into town, etc.

My room, actually a suite, was on the top floor and was very nicely furnished, very spacious and totally comfortable. The beamed ceiling and remote-controlled gas fireplace were terrific, as well. I slept very soundly both nights I was there. The huge bathroom had a spacious stall shower rather than a tub-shower combination, something I always appreciate.

I did not eat at the hotel. I had breakfast one morning across the street at Sage Bakehouse, which is superb - don't miss it.

The hotel is a good 10-15 walk from downtown but was totally doable. Parking and strong, reliable wi-fi were included in the obligatory resort fee.

Service was very pleasant, and I will definitely stay here next year when I am back in town. That's the first time in seven visits to Santa Fe I have ever said that about a hotel there!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to Santa Fe and the Hacienda at Hotel Santa Fe!
Union
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Just returned from "Spa Weekend" in Santa Fe, NM. Although this hotel is not ultra modern, it is comfortable and warm. It is the only hotel still owned by Native Americans. The decor is rustic and Native American inspired. The rooms were clean and well appointed although the bathrooms are a little on the small side. Our room did have a small balcony where we sat and looked over the pool and jacuzzi. The restaurant, Amaya, had delicious food. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Everyone is friendly. On Fridays and Saturdays, there is a regular musician, Ronald Roybal who plays beautiful classical guitar and Native American flute. His music is great for meditation.
The spa was wonderful. I had an East Indian massage to die for and my facial had me glowing. A few of the women in the group I travelled with stayed to have a couple more spa treatments.
I enjoyed the stay and would stay again. There is a complimentary shuttle that will take you anywhere within a mile radius. There are some shops around the hotel and a few restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: There are suites available. I would probably do a suite the next time I come. Most of those rooms...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
I am delighted to learn that you and your friends enjoyed your stay and especially the Spa!!
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

This was a one-night stop on a cross-country journey from Seattle to Dallas.
About the Hotel: The hotel is new, somewhat in the Santa Fe style and located close to downtown - within walking distance of the plaza. The initial feel is of tranquility. The hotel shape is a cruciform with a bar and restaurant on the bottom floor and elevators at the center. A bellman helped bring our bags up from the curb. The desk staff were a mixed bunch; one person very friendly and helpful, the other vague and uninterested. Our small dog was made very welcome by the staff with some dog treats and a card for the door when the dog is left alone in the room. There is a fee for having a pet in the room and there is a doggy 'business park' as well.
You are charged a $15 resort fee in addition to your room charge to pay for services such as the shuttle, internet, coffee and tea on each floor in the morning, and a glass of domestic wine/beer at the bar. The fee DOES NOT show up in the initial room charge estimate on hotel reservation sites so be aware when comparing hotels. The shuttle was convenient for getting us to and from our dinner restaurant and the wine and internet were both of decent quality. Parking is around the perimeter of the hotel and it was very hard to find a suitable space for our truck-utility trailer combination.
About the room: We were upgraded to a junior suite when I told the friendly staff person that my wife had never been to Santa Fe. We had a small balcony (one chair) overlooking a garden outside the restaurant. The room was faux Santa Fe style and was spacious, clean and everything worked. The king-size bed was comfortable for one of us and too hard for the other.

Room Tip: Our room looking over the courtyard/garden was very quiet
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed report card on your recent stay. We appreciate your kind words and hope you had a safe journey back to Seattle!
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

The service was excellent, the room comfortable, and there is a free shuttle to the plaza, which is nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Brief - to the point - and kind words!! What more could we ask for?!?!

Been to Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa? Share your experiences!