“Excellent Hotel & Spa” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Clovis, New Mexico, United States
“Excellent Hotel & Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

This hotel & Spa is outstanding for the price, the staff always greets you with a smile, The front desk staff are the best that I have experienced. Hotel Santa Fe has the best bartender, Lawrence is always courteous. We hold our meetings at this hotel the food has always been outstanding. the banquet staff are the best. Clovis-Portales Community leaders have been cvoming to Hotel Santa Fe &Spa for the last 8 years and we will continue to come. The Hacienda suites are unbelieveable. This is certainly a 5 star rating hotel..When you check in and go to your room they are the best that I have seen for the price. Another advantage to staying at Hotel SF & Spa is the free shuttle service they provide their guests.They take you and yes they pick you up..My friends Hotel Santa Fe & Spa is all about the customer guest comes first. Thank youpaul Margetson, Todd, Corey, Lawrence, Sophie, Eloy and Lalo. I will continue to come to Hotel SF & Spa "OUTSTANDING HOTEL"

Room Tip: standard rooms are available, however if you plan on staying longer they have Jr. Suites and the Mag...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you so very much Clovis-Portales Community Leaders for your marvelous comments and compliments. We do indeed enjoy taking care of you!!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I spent 10 nights at Hotel Santa Fe and really enjoyed my entire stay from beginning to end. Everyone I met on the staff was very helpful and friendly. Eloy was exceptional. I took the shuttle a few times and as soon as I needed it, someone immediately took me to my destination. There is a cozy fireplace in the lobby which I loved. The Native American decor makes it special. The restaurant was closed for most of my visit but the few items they served were excellent. Nice fitness room. My room was very clean. I highly recommend Hotel Santa Fe.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Sorry that the Restaurant was closed for a few days during your stay for our annual deep cleaning, but thank you for your understanding.

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in late January 2012. We paid $78/night via Hotwire. The staff at Hotel Santa Fe were all friendly, I have no gripe about the staff. The gal at the front desk was very welcoming and had a good sense of humor.

Our guest room was really small...see the picture below showing the bathroom door barely clearing the toilet by way of example. There's room to walk around the sides of the bed and that's about it.

Most people (including us) don't go to Santa Fe to watch TV all day, but the TV was an old school glass tube not a flat screen if you care. We were on the third floor and the wireless Internet was USELESS. We could barely connect and when we did it was a very weak/slow connection. We just went down to the bar area to check email, connection worked fine there.

We had to open the balcony doors and drape a blanket over the left hand door to block a very strong draft coming in through the sizable gap between the door and frame. We left the blanket in place the whole stay.

My wife brushed against a full length mirror to the right of the bathroom door and it fell off the wall. It didn't break, nobody was hurt, but the mirror could stand to be attached more securely that the two wobbly screws in place.

On-site parking was free and plentiful. The railyard area is a 5 minute walk, we ate at Pranzo (Italian) our first night there...good spot. It is more than a 15 minute walk to get to the Santa Fe square, so this place isn't exactly centrally located.

Overall I'd say prepare yourself for the fact that this is an older hotel and you'll see that, but it was clean and pleasant and I believe a good value. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: I suspect the closer you are to the reception/bar area, the better your chances of getting a decent...
Whitesboro, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I have food allergies to garlic and fish. My daughter had made a reservation for the Christmas Day buffet and told the person taking the reservation about my problem. The restaurant manager, Sophia, called my daughter in California to asked how they could help out. When we arrive on 12/23/11, we ate dinner at the beautiful restaurant, talked to Sophia, and had a special meal prepared for me on Christmas day. Everyone in the hotel went out of their way to be helpful. We enjoyed the evening entertainment and had a wonderful family holiday.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
I am so delighted to learn that Sophie and her staff took such good care of your requests. Thank you so much for staying with us!!

ko piane ca whachii - May Blessings Come Your Way
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Everyone at the Hotel Santa Fe is exceptional. From reservation to check out, every person we met was helpful, unbelievably nice, and always had time for us. The hotel is walking distance to the plaza, beautifully decorated, quiet and here's the best part...Pet Friendly! For all you you no pet folks don't worry; the dog walking area is super clean & I didn't hear any barking, howling or ruckus. For the pet lovers, you get detailed instructions on the expectations for YOUR care of the pet during your stay. If you can't manage what is expected, then pets are not for you. And they get a little goody-bag to help them settle in; so sweet!
We have been to Santa Fe many times over many years & have generally rented casitas or stayed at smaller santa-fe-wonky-type places. So needless to say, we were skeptical about staying at a larger hotel. That was very very silly. All of the little problems that we had in the past just disappeared. And I truly believe that if anything was amiss, the staff of the hotel Santa Fe would not only be prompt, but would go out of their way to make the customer happy. Most importantly, we did not feel that we lost our privacy. Even though it is a large hotel, there were not screaming, running, misbehaving children, rude adults, or barking dogs. This is a beautifully managed hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you for such kind words and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with your best friend (pet). Please come back again soon and in the meantime I wish you a very Happy New Year!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed in the Hacienda over New Years 2012. We were welcomed to our room with a large bowl of fresh fruit. The rooms were large and clean with a lovely fireplace. The rooms in the Hacienda are undergoing and upgrade in January 2012. The staff were friendly and helpful. While the hotel is within walking distance of the Plaza and other sites, the hotel offers a shuttle service around town. The shuttle drivers are a wealth of information on good places to eat and drink. I would recommend staying in this hotel on your next trip to Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Stay in the Hacienda!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Sun City West, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

My husband & I enjoyed a very relaxing evening at the Hotel Santa Fe....room was clean and the Native American
decor was special....special note to the concern for environment....the bar of soap with no center was unique!
Room was very quiet at night...dinner was wonderful... healthy .food served at it's best and timing of each course was perfect for an enjoyable dinner for two. We also enjoyed a walk to the Plaza. Look forward to future stays at the Hotel Santa Fe.

Room Tip: ask about suites, fireplaces
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
I think the soap is unique and I found it at a hotel show three years ago. Thank you for your kind words and so happy to know you enjoyed your dinner. We look forward welcoming you back!!

Been to Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa? Share your experiences!