“Awesome Hacienda Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
McKinney, Texas
“Awesome Hacienda Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

This past August, we celebrated my new job with a short lux trip to Santa Fe. We typically look for deep deals while traveling to NM, but this time we wanted to splurge. I am so glad we chose the Hacienda at Hotel Santa Fe! Our stay was excellent! The hotel is sprawling, located in a great location within walking distance to most major sites on the square. We were across the street from a vintage Cowboy boots and clothing shop--awesome finds. The staff at the hotel were attentive and accommodating. We rented a room with "butler" service--a very large suite with a fireplace and patio. Butler service means you can call for this or that and they send a person who quickly and efficiently meets your individualized needs (extra pillows, help lighting the fireplace). We happened to arrive in Santa Fe during a rainy week--turned into a really great stay. We loved our suite so much, we lolled around reading and enjoying each other's company while we heard the rain hit the windows. During our stay, I had a fantastic 2 hour spa service at the onsite spa, located right across the patio from our room. A fantastic massage and body scrub ritual that drained me of the stress remaining from a previous crappy employment situation! Our suite was huge, the king sized bed was extremely comfortable, with great upscale bedding. Our daughter slept comfortable on a very large pull out couch in the living room (we had a closed door between the living area and the bedroom/bathroom. Everything was in the Santa Fe adobe style. The entire place is owned and operated by a local tribe, I believe the only hotel in Santa Fe that is tribally owned. The hotel was a really great on site restaurant, we ate there on the gorgeous patio for lunch, and enjoyed the view of the gardens.We enjoyed our week-long trip immensely, and would heartily recommend this hotel, especially the Hacienda portion of the hotel, to all travelers to Santa Fe. (we have no experience with the smaller, less luxurious rooms within the "hotel" portion of the hotel, but did walk through the hotel, and everything looked lovely, clean, with an authentic Santa Fe vibe). The hotel also provides free transportation about town for those who need a lift, in a purple PTCruiser. Thank you Hacienda for such a memorable experience!

Room Tip: Choose a fireplace suite in the hacienda with a patio!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write your expansive thoughts on your stay at The Hacienda this past August and I have passed on your kind words to all the staff involved. I am equally delighted to know that we took such good care of you and your family. I hope that you are enjoying your new job, but note that our transportation around town is not a PT Cruiser, but a very special London Taxi!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I like to speak directly to a person at the hotel location, before booking online. After dialing, I had to press at least 6 times and then hold, until I spoke to a reservations specialist who had never been to the hotel. After reading reviews, I was sceptical about being able to swim laps in a small pool. I also wanted to learn if the pool was heated (I will be staying in June). After holding for a check, I was told that it was heated. Okay. Moving on - I more or less "self-deduced" that a Hacienda FP King was significantly more than a HotelSF Picuris Suite because the latter lacked a fireplace, and the Hacienda had more service. The specialist was reading me the same blurbs I had been perusing all day. The Native American Package is priced at "per person", but I am traveling alone. When asking what the rate for one person, I was on hold again while she checked with the desk (what I was trying to do originally). But she couldn't get an answer tonight. They will call me back tomorrow. "Was there anything else she could answer?" Well, yes, "Does the Fireplace King have a balcony with a view?" "Views are not guaranteed." I also asked, "How do I arrange for an airport shuttle to the local airport?" This, too, will be answered tomorrow. I hope the GM will read this, because it seems that a hotel that prides itself on customer service (a butler to press 2 items of clothes, for instance), would be able to tell me 1) How much my hotel accomodation will cost and 2) How do I get to the hotel from the airport. I haven't nixed my intended stay (yet), but future guests, be forwarned about asking "difficult" questions. Because after speaking directly to reservations with consultation with the hotel, I still don't know how much my room will cost, whether it has a balcony or a view, or how I would get there from the airport!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
I have been away, but hopefully our Reservations Manager has contacted you in my absence. You have confirmed some concerns we have had with our offsite third party “after hours and overflow” reservation agents and we will indeed be making a change within the next month.

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you were caused. You have been incredibly patient!

I do hope you will be staying with us this summer, so please contact me if all of your questions have not been answered.

Thank you!
nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I went to Santa Fe for 4 days and stayed at this hotel in the winter during the slow season. It was fantastic! The staff was super accommodating. We had rented a car to drive up from Albuquerque but didn't need it. The hotel provides transport into the town and other close by attractions. The response to our requests to go places were so quick and convenient that we didn't need the car. The beds were comfortable and the room was nicely furnished but not super large. Our needs were anticipated and satisfied by the staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We were so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and especially our purple shuttles. Come back and see us again soon!!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a relaxing get-away after our daughter's wedding in Albuquerque. It was great to be pampered with great service and quick attention to our requests after all the demands of the wedding preparation and execution. The hotel is clean, quiet and provided us with the respite we were seeking. Very convenient to the main tourist district, but far enough away to escape the noise and the crowds.

Room Tip: Since we made our reservation through Orbitz, the hotel even refunded some taxes that should not hav...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Golden Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Stayed one night with my wife. Enjoyed the ambience of the place. Nice room, comfortable bed, great location. A very comfortable place. We had breakfast. Their oatmeal is excellent.

You will be charged a $14 "resort fee".
Valet parking for the night is $18

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
I'm sorry, but I do believe you have the wrong property. We do not charge our guests "resort" or "parking" fees!!!
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

As a single female traveler I am always concerned with safety in a new area. The Hotel Santa Fe put me at ease as soon as I arrived. I arrived many hours early, the front desk staff was friendly and offered to call for a shuttle to take me to the museum district while the rooms were prepared. She made sure i had maps and knew where a great local place for coffee and a light snack could be had. As soon as my room was ready she called my cell phone and sent the driver round to pick me up. (The driver was very friendly and sweet) My room while small was cozy and had the amenties I would expect in any hotel room. The decor in the main lobby and open dinning area was rustic and perfectly fit for the Hotel Santa Fe. There was not a single staff member who did not go out of their way to make sure I was having a good stay. From the house keeping who put up with my weird sleeping schedule and always had a smile. To the dinning staff that made the 2 dinners i had at the Hotel Santa Fe relaxing and enjoyable. Take their recommendations for the evenings dinner you will not regreat it. The kitchen staff even double checked their ingridents to avoid my sulfer allergy. I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: First floor room were quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back soon!!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in September 2011. Not only was the room fantastic, the staff was as well. We were upgraded to a suite when we arrived. We were on the 2nd or 3rd floor and had a view overlooking the pool area. The happy hour and shuttle serve were an added bonus.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much!! Come back soon!!

Been to Hotel Santa Fe, The Hacienda and Spa? Share your experiences!