“Skip it” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Los Campos RV Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Los Campos RV Resort
You added Los Campos RV Resort to your Saves list
3574 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505   |
“Skip it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

First off, the office closes at 5, so if you get there after, your name will be on a map taped to the office showing you your space. We could find no info on shower codes, WiFi info or any of the usual literature you get at a campground check-in. We called to see if we could get said info, and was told it was on a shelf by the office. After assuring her it wasn't there, she had me walk back up there and check. Yep. Not there. Had to call again and then walk BACK to the office for the third time to get a pamphlet from the owner. It is what it is, an RV park. Not a lot happening vegetation wise, but its the desert, I'm not expecting a lot. The pool is a LOT smaller than it looks in pics online. The bathrooms are gross. The sign says it is cleaned daily, but during our two nights, the same filth was still there two days in a row. The bathroom floors were just disgusting. I ended up showering in the RV after my shower in the bathhouse. I turned my WiFi off because I had 4G without it. The WiFi might as well have been dial up 56k.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

It had the feeling of a trailer park. I rated it average because it wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. The camp sites were dirt & we had a lot of dust so we couldn't open our screen door. The bathrooms were always clean, which was very important to me. I am a small person & felt cramped in their showers. There were only two washing machines located in the ladies bathroom & one in the men's. I never was able to do laundry due to no availability. I will say it was very inexpensive, about a dollar to wash & dry. If there was a rating for wi-fi they would get a ten. Best I have had in a campground. I was always able to sign on & seldom lost connection. Would I stay there again? If necessary, but would probably try another location first.

• Stayed October 2013
      Rooms
St. Augustine, FLorida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I give this a poor rating, rather than terrible. Terrible means avoid no matter what...this RV Park is not terrible, just not good. First, I was greeted at the door of the office by a large dog. The dog was not aggressive, but he was not timid either. I am not fond of strange dogs, and asked the man who appeared to be the manager to please contain his dog. His response was that the dog had never bitten anyone, and did not offer to contain his dog. His general attitude was somewhat arrogant. The new woman, perhaps her name is Judy, was very understanding, but did not know the area. However, she did make an effort to welcome me.

The RV park itself is maintained, with a few residents who kept their trucks running for long periods before leaving the park, which was very noisy.

BUT, the main reason I rate this RV Park poorly is because the property is on a hill...so you can imagine the effort it took us to level our travel trailer so we could live in it for the two nights we were there. The following morning, it took my husband a long time to remove the lifts and get the trailer ready for departure. That was the first time in 5 years on RV traveling that our door would not open because of the slant of the site. No one needs this kind of effort when there are many half empty RV parks in the area to choose from.

WiFi did not work, as others have stated. It's also a challenge to find the exact entrance...they do give specific instructions, but we were not made aware of it when I called for a reservation. I did hear the office person tell someone on the phone about how to get there, but did not do same for me

The RV Park is about 5 miles from the downtown area of Santa Fe. That said, there are other RV Parks you may want to try before succumbing to staying at Campos/Los Suenos.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank travelingforfun38
Acton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Decent long stay (one month) RV park. Pros: close to everything, wide enough spaces, clean restrooms, shade trees, good Internet, clean swimming pool, no burrs or stickers dog walking area, park picks up trash at each site, close to hike & bike trail. Cons: no cable tv, all dirt & gravel (no grass anywhere), hike & bike trail across the wide dirt ditch, stay away from left (north) side due to trashy permanent RV's, hard rains run downhill with mud so stay away from the back end of the park if staying during their rainy season (June & July). Since the other SF parks were full, we stayed here and didn't regret it. Would return. Stayed here in a 36 foot Class A.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Marble Falls, Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This experience was awful......I called before getting to the resort and they advised had free Wi-Fi, 50 AMP service, and TV service. So, when registering in person I presumed what they told me on the phone was accurate. Not so!!! They put us on 50 AMP and we did not realize until we were already almost set up, the Wi-Fi did not work, they said it was being worked on, and there was no TV service. Boy, you talk about dishonesty. We only stayed an hour and they were unwilling to refund and was very smug about it all. In other words they did not care. And, by the way I think their main office is in Albuquerque, NM. We went down one block and stayed at an excellent RV park and yes, everything worked excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Edwina K
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The park is close to everything in Santa Fe that we wanted to see. It was a fantastic base camp for access all Santa Fe had to offer with friendly husband and wife team to help with whatever we needed. The park was clean and the grounds well kept and charming. I would recommend to everyone with a big thumbs up!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rex W
Tucson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Spent two nights here(plancredit card info over the phonened three) and that was enough. This place is just plain cheap in every way.The office employees are officious and unfriendly,The bathrooms while clean have showers the size of you average RV which is to sayextremly small .there's home built and unpainted carpentry in evidence. The sites are gravel and dusty dirt which made my dogs filthy and the supposed cable Tv consists of 3 reiigous' 2 network and 2 congessional channels!.As I expected the idea of a refund for my unused third day was scoffed at. They insist on taking all your credit card info over the phone when you call for a resevation and thats when their "NO Refund" policy begins! Avoid this place at all costs

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo