“Usual Fare” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Chicago, Illinois
“Usual Fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Not bad for breakfast, but nothing to write home about either. There are other places I would go for breakfast before the Flying Tortilla---sort of like a New Mexican Denny's.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Trinidad, Colorado
“Decent Mexican Food close to the Interstate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Met some friends here since it was close to their hotel. Didn't have very high expectations from the look of the place. Service was good, didn't have to wait for refills or anything. Chili was unexpected good. had a Christmas burrito that was surprizing good. Salsa was very good too. Would go back here again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe
“One of MANY mediocre Mexican restaurants”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Santa Fe is full of these greasy Mexican restaurants with the same, uninspired menu. Nothing is original and nothing is outstanding, but you can get a passable taco or enchilada with no surprises.

Visited October 2012
“Expensive for average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

The Reuben Sandwich had delicious home made corn beef. But I did not like the 1000 Island dressing or processed Swiss cheese. It unfortunately ruined what could have been a very nice lunch. Thanks for reading. The Bike Chaplain

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Forgive me! It's been more than a years since my last visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had some time to kill in south Santa Fe and I was hungry. I had my new tablet with me so I thought I'd clean up my email over coffee and breakfast. I walked into the Flying Tortilla and it was like walking into my old shoes. There were lots of regulars. Service was outstanding and one of the young waiters ask where I'd been for so long. He remembered me from over a year ago. But, I digress. Any way the breakfast was fast, plentiful,delicious and economically reasonable. The wifi was fast but my breakfast was so good I had to stop and eat. So, after licking the plate clean, I sat and drank coffee and got down to business. I had the breakfast burrito which is never a questionable choice, coffee and lot's of attention from the servers. The Flying Tortilla is a great place to relax and just enjoy breakfast at one's leisure. It's clean, homey and good. And you wont need to sell your wife or mortgage your house to eat.

• Visited April 2013