“Absolutely Amazing! The best place to stay when in Santa Fe!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   198 State Road 592, Santa Fe, NM 87506 (Formerly Encantado, An Auberge Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #7 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Washington, DC
“Absolutely Amazing! The best place to stay when in Santa Fe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

From the reservation process through to check-out and everything in between, Encantado does it right . I travel extensively with my work and my partner and I travel regularly for leisure. I've stayed in some great hotels and resorts across the globe, but Encantado exceeded all of our expectations.

I consult TripAdvisor regularly when looking for the latest on hotels. I feel compelled to add to the many great reviews that already exist for Encantado.

First, Christina in reservations went far above and beyond to make sure that our fifth anniversary would be a special experience. She assisted with New Year's Eve dinner reservations and when an ice storm delayed our flight several hours, I reached her working on New Years Eve where she helped with special dinner options.

From the time we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful, constantly anticipating our every need. From the valet staff and the restaurant staff to the housekeeping team and the shuttle drivers, everyone seems eager to please but without being invasive.

The villas are spectacular--wood and stone floors, kiva wood burning fireplaces (nearly impossible to find in Santa Fe hotels), beautiful furnished balcony or patio, large sleek bathroom with stone, glass and radiant floor heat. The fully stocked mini-bar with complimentary non-alcohol beverages was a great convenience.

And the views? The full moon rising over the mountains, the sun rising over the mesas, it is constant eye candy for the soul with all of the villas positioned facing west. The resort, barely two years old, is brilliantly designed. The restaurant also has breath-taking views that expand for hundreds of miles as does the state-of-the-art health club and movement/yoga/pilates studio. All of the equipment (we worked out three times while there), like everything else at the resort, is new and top quality.

We had brunch and dinner at the resort's Terra restaurant as well as room service. The food was excellent as was the service!

With the resort five or so miles north of the Santa Fe Plaza, Encantado provides hourly shuttle service (via Mercedez Benz) where they have a well-equipped concierge lounge for resort guests to gather right off the Plaza--again, that's 5 star quality!

I've traveled to Santa Fe many times over the last 15 years--what a pleasure it is to have such a first rate resort like Encantado. While I have enjoyed my stays at other Santa Fe hotels, Encantado is now, by far, the best place to stay in Santa Fe. While other places may be less expensive, you won't regret paying a bit more for this level of quality and service. Everything else will pale in comparison!

We'll be back in the summer!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

The hotel was beautiful, the setting was inspiring but what made us want to take the time to write this review was the unbelievably high level of service. From the moment we arrived, we felt as our every need, our every whim was anticipated and satisfied. Whatever they are doing at Auberge to recruit and train their staff is a business model that every hotel should follow. Jody set us up with just the right dining and activities, hiking, shopping, The Shed is amazing Hans planned our hike at Bandelier and helped us pack a picnic lunch. Cat led me in one of the most enlightening and relaxing yoga sessions I've ever had insisting on picking my mat afterwards but the best was Doug. Doug drove us all over Sante Fe in a Mercedes SUV so we got to know him because he was so warm, friendly and helpful. On our last day, we happened to be incredibly unorganized. I think we felt so comfortable that it was as if we were leaving our stuff like bread crumbs around the resort like Hansel and Gretel. My husband left our shampoo in our room. Doug happily offered to retrieve it for us. Brought it to us as we were eating lunch in a a gift bag. And, I realized halfway to the airport I'd left my phone in the spa. I can't tell you how crucial my phone is to running my business and my family of 5. We called and the people in the spa were having trouble locating it. We called Doug. He went into the spa, found it and fed exed to us. Thank you, Doug. My husband and I have traveled extensively and really value our hotel experience. The Encantado is one of the best we've had and we will follow our breadcrumbs back to it. Hopefully soon!!

New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

Santa Fe and staying at the Encantado was truly a memorable experience. We drove the Turqouise trail ( stopped in Madrid for lunch, and for beers at the SANTA FE Brewery) to get to Santa Fe and it was spectacular. The resort was so tranquil, welcoming and partners luxury with the ambiance. The spa was wonderful and relaxing and the signature restaurant TERRA was delicious. The staff always went out of there way to provide standout service. We enjoyed coming back to our casita every evening with a fire going. The service in and out of town was delightful too. I can't wait to go back!!

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

My husband and I began a two-week road trip across the Southwest here at Encantado and I am so glad we did. The room was fabulous--beautifully designed, with a cozy wood burning fireplace which is so rare these days. The location was good. Felt remote, but was also close to town. The place was completely empty...we felt like we had the entire resort to ourselves (good and bad). Great gym with all the right equipment and the spa was gorgeous. I recommend Alex for excellent deep tissue work and definitely take some time to enjoy the wonderful Warming Room. Service was hit or miss. Restaurant and front desk service seemed slow and not of a 5 star resort. Bellmen, Concierge and Room Service were all quite good, with extra props to Jeff and Jonathan. The biggest disappointment was the view of the parking lot from most all rooms. Overall, it seems the property was poorly designed with the parking lot seeming to sprawl the otherwise beautiful environment. With that said, our next two stops have made us appreciate Encantado and Auberge service all the more. We will definitely be back!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

My husband and I spent our 20th anniversary at the Encantado. What a great decision! After researching many properties on line, we decided on this Auberge property. We loved being out in the open, yet only 10 minutes away from the downtown.
Beautiful setting, fabulous restaurant, and the staff was incredibly accommodating. Loved the spa, pool, and outdoor hot tub...nice place to sit and watch the gorgeous sunsets.
Loved The Lensic Theatre in town. We saw 2 shows there in 4 days. It's an old refurbished movie theatre, and they get wonderful talent there. Had lunch at Pasquals, hiked at Tent Rocks, dinner at El Farol. Would reccommend all the above.
Cool restaurants on Canyon Rd....like The Compound and Geronimo's.
Fabulous trip!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

This was truly one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed in. The bathroom had radiant heat concrete floors, the room had a kiva fireplace with wood and firestarters, the beds were comfortable, the restaurant was lovely. I cannot think of a negative thing to say about it. You must try it!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
phoenix, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

My son and daughter-in-law recently moved to Santa Fe. A Spa Afternoon was my belated (and somewhat selfish!) birthday gift to my daughter in law. DIL got a massage...I got a facial. We checked in at the spa, had a wonderful lunch in the beautiful dining room, and then returned to the spa to relax in their Warming Room before our services. We each felt that our respective services were the Best Ever. We will return! The inn is superb...the service is awesome.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe? Share your experiences!