“Girls Weekend in the Desert” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe

You added Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   198 State Road 592, Santa Fe, NM 87506 (Formerly Encantado, An Auberge Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free
Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Carmel, California
“Girls Weekend in the Desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We were planning a mini girls reunion weekend and chose Encantado Resort. The resort is beautiful and the service is amazing. We all enjoyed Spa Treatments and relaxing in the jacuzzi. The restaurant Terra had wonderful dishes and nothing disappointed. I loved the resort shuttle back and forth to town, we could enjoy ourselves at dinner and not worry about driving. Another fabulous Auberge Resort!!! Congratulations.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

The rooms at the Encantado are great -- our room felt spacious and cozy at the same time. Service was generally excellent -- the front desk people could not have been more eager to please when we had any requests. We were addressed by name at the front desk and in the restaurant, offered an array of hiking maps and a refill of our mostly-full water bottle when we asked about taking a walk. The hotel has a short loop trail that connects to other hiking trails. The guy who showed us to our room gave us a "tour" of our room, which turned from unnecessary to annoying when he stopped to discuss each of the "water features" in our room (e.g. 2 sinks, toilet, bathtub, shower -- all very nice but not in need of introduction). In addition to the pool, gym, and spa, there are lots of other amenities, such as wifi, a working fireplace, delivery of the New York Times to your door each morning, and a concierge in downtown Santa Fe on the weekends.

SPA: Massages were excellent, if pricey, and the spa itself is very nice. The enclosed outdoor area (on both the men's and women's sides) has a hot tub and an adjacent steam room. Book spa appointments in advance! (Because the hotel itself did not seem at all full the week we were there, we thought it would be easy to get an appointment -- it wasn't, because people come from outside the hotel. The spa was able to accomodate us in the end).

RESTAURANT: It's a beautifully designed room, with glass walls on either side -- one looks out toward the mountains, and the other into a courtyard with a large outdoor fireplace, all very spare but not cold. The food at dinner was excellent, service was incredibly warm, attentive, and knowledgeable. Dinner was expensive, but not outrageous. Breakfast was included in our room rate and was just as good.

THE PROBLEM: Parking lots! As others have pointed out, most of what you see when you are walking between the buildings at the hotel is asphalt. It gives the place a very disjointed feeling, and sort of ruins the peaceful effect of the buildings themselves. The black metal bars fencing the outdoor pool are also pretty ugly - I think this is where the minimalist hotel design went wrong. Bizarre.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

My wife and I have been frequent travelers to Santa Fe for the last 20 years, and those who've been there know that the city doesn't have a true-four star hotel, much less a five-star. That has finally changed with the addition of this new resort. It is by far the best room (and bathroom) in Santa fe - extremely spacious, with clean artisistic interiors and appointed with all the state of the art amenities you would expect to find in a new five star hotel, like complimetary fruit ,Voss drinking water, single brew coffee maker with an assortment of coffees and teas, flat screens, you name it. And since it was mid-february, the woodburning fireplaces (both inside and outside on the veranda) and the radiant floor heating in the bathroom was most appreciated.

We are art lovers and the public spaces and grounds were a garden of delights with original paintings and sculptures from local artists and galleries tastefully scattered throughout. The colorful contemporary southwest design, especially the restaurant, is both unique and impressive, and a needed yet appropriate departure from the classic spanish/pueblo style as seen virtually everywhere else in Santa Fe. The food in the dining room measures up the rating as well (try the Cassoulle' at dinner). The service throughout the resort was excellent - all staff were polite and eager to assist in every need, and always addressed my wife and I by name. The valet department is best I've seen - they will even chauffer you into town and pick you back up, or even give you personal use of one of the resorts fleet of MercedesBenz - all complimentary. We were blown away by the service. The spa is also world class, something else that until now has been sorely absent in other Santa Fe hotels.

But what this place is really all about is its setting, nestled in the foot hills of the Sangre de Christo Mtns. on the outskirts of town, with dramatic and colorful mountain vistas and a sunset that rivals any on the planet. Virutally every table in the main dining room, and I think every guest room, is afforded this view. The view from the resorts hiking trails in the surrounding hills are even better.

Drawbacks are few - the resort is located about 10 minutes from the Santa Fe Plaza and its galleries and restaurants, but this problem is virtually eliminated by the resorts complimentary courtesy car policy. I had also read previous reviewers comments about the views over the parking lot from the patio. This didnt bother me so much as my eyes were diverted to the panaormic vistas, and management assured me that this was in the process of being corrected with strategic screening.

All and all a fantastic experience. No other hotel in Santa Fe comes even close.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

This was my first visit to Santa Fe and my first stay at an Auberge property, I loved it!. My 3-night experience (Feb 18 - 21, 2009) at Encantado was incredible! The resort is about 10-minutes from the art district of Santa Fe, nestled in quiet and beautiful foothills, has superb views and is architecturally appealing.

My casita was very spacious at over 650 square feet, a very large deck, a terrific view of the mountains, and was well designed and appointed (the Kiva wood burning fireplace was a treat). The bathroom was very spacious, had great amenities and a heated floor (a great feature). A well-stocked mini bar with complimentary (non-alcoholic) beverages was very welcome - as was the Keurig coffee maker and generous coffee and tea selections. Housekeeping did an incredible job and turn-down service was flawless.

The Encantado offers complimentary chauffeur service to and from the art district in Santa Fe, this made my need to drive unnecessary and I really appreciated that (along with the extraordinary "tips" shared by the drivers).

I did not take advantage of the Spa (unfortunately) but did tour the facilities - world class is not overstating my impression. The fitness facility is unquestionably one of the best I have seen, equipment is first-rate and the facility is very spacious and has great views. The out-door pool was closed for winter, however the outdoor jacuzzi pool was open (I intend to enjoy the Spa and pool when I return this summer).

The resort restaurant is superb! Excellent cuisine, a lovely venue, superior service and a large selection of terrific wines to compliment any meal. The bar was fairly quiet during my visit, service however was excellent and the drinks well mixed.

The entire Encantado Resort staff was genuinely gracious and first-class. I was addressed by name each time and was always asked if I needed anything to make my stay more enjoyable - very nice.

I look forward to my next visit to Santa Fe and staying at Encantado!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

My wife and I took a short vacation in Santa Fe (Jan. 23-Jan. 26, 2009). We have stayed in other Auberge resorts so we were delighted to find that a new Auberge resort opened in Santa Fe: the Encantado Resort.

There were many outstanding features of the new resort, along
with a few growing pains which I am sure that the management
will correct. The resort opened in August 2008 so it is less than 6 months old. The location, the view, the service, the facilities and the restaurant were, as with other Auberge Resorts, superb.

We had a problem with the Kiva style fireplace. It would not draw
properly and when we attempted a fire, we had smoke in the room. However, the existence of the problem accentuated the attention of the staff who were extremely helpful and solicitous. As a result of the problem, the resort gave us breakfast at no charge and made a substantial deduction at the time of checkout.

No lodging establishment can with 100 percent assurance guarantee the total absence of problems. We had a problem with the fireplace. The attentive and very competent staff more that made up for the problem.

• Liked — Attentive and Competent Staff
  • Disliked — Fireplace
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
cortez, colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

Great new option on the Santa Fe scene. Located about ten minutes from downtown you are secluded but also close enough to make the most of the old town. The hotel even offers rides to and from town at your convenience in late model Mercedes! The property is brand new, the rooms are spacious and comfortable with all the amenities. Michel, Hans, and Marion, are a few of the incredibly accommodating and responsive staff. The food in the dining room and room service is fantastic. We like to exercise a bit while on holiday and the surrounding area is great for running or walking. Beautiful sunsets and spectacular starry nights are a bonus of staying outside of town. If you are not dead set on staying right downtown, this place is a great way to experience the southwest.

• Liked — cleanliness, amenities, tub, wood burning fireplace
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Albuquerqe, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in early November. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was superb. The yoga studio is very nice with a beautiful view of the mountains. The room was very nice, large and well appointed. Some reviewers have complained about views of the parking lot. The rooms with larger numbers are away from the lots. Our room was 54 and had a very nice view.

The Santa Fe Opera is about 15 min away, and the plaza in Santa Fe is about 20 min away, making it easy to get into town.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe? Share your experiences!