“Don't Hesitate!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe

You added Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   198 State Road 592, Santa Fe, NM 87506 (Formerly Encantado, An Auberge Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free
Ranked #5 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Jacksonville, Florida
“Don't Hesitate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Spectacular location and over-the-top service, a superb choice whether for business or pleasure. Ask for Bradley Russell, the outstanding Front Office Manager, to assure your needs are met. The entire staff brings a caring attitude to their jobs and go out of their way to enhance your stay.
This was our third visit, and there will be more in our future...

Room Tip: Rooms 2-4 and 63-65 (farther from the lobby) are great choices
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We had a great experience at this resort. It's not as posh as other Four Seasons properties I've stayed at - the decor is somewhat understated in the lobby areas, bar, restaurant, and guest rooms. But the location and lovely trails behind the resort are really the draw of this property. Service was good - what you'd expect from the Four Seasons - and the food was very good as well. It is close to the Santa Fe Opera and we were able to take the hotel shuttle to the performance which was fantastic. It is a bit far from the plaza, so if you're looking for something with closer access to the restaurants, galleries, and shops in downtown, you might want to consider another hotel. But if you don't mind the short drive into town and want to enjoy the peace and quiet of the beautiful desert around you, I would definitely recommend this property!

Room Tip: If you want a view of the mountains, book a second floor room with a terrace patio. Some of the casi...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Dear COGrad,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit - I agree the understated elegance of the resort add to the rustic high desert feel of the property. I am very glad you got to enjoy the hiking trails and the area around the resort as well as a trip into the city to experience all that Santa Fe has to offer. We are always excited for Opera season, being so close to the Santa Fe Opera House is such a treat! Northern New Mexico is a magical place and your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Santa Fe!

Morro Bay, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I'm a Four Seasons junkie (was just at FS Serengeti a month ago!) so when the time came for my company to have an executive retreat, I decided to bring everyone to the FS Santa Fe. Absolutely perfect experience - relaxing, rewarding, and productive (yes, IRS, we did have a few very well documented meetings...!). Arrival was perfect, dining was perfect, the rooms are spacious with incredible views. The little touches I've come to expect at FS blew my staff away - the turn down service with messy bathroom counters reorganized perfectly, remembering our names, being able to make food dishes and drinks that weren't on the menu, amazing spa experiences. They all loved the luxury of "simple, consistent perfection" vs the "in your face opulence" of some other brands. Basically FS now has a half dozen more FS junkies! Great job. We'll be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but get the top floor of the casitas (some are just single story) if possible f...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Greetings From Santa Fe,

I am thrilled beyond words to read that your group’s stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay. We always love hearing that we have more Four Seasons lovers in the family! I completely agree with you that our understated elegance is wonderful and that you enjoyed everything from check in to departure. I love your description of the resort, "The luxury of "simple, consistent perfection" vs the "in your face opulence" of some other brands." We consider all of our guests as friends of the resort and I would love to personally greet you on your next trip to Santa Fe. Thank you again for your kind words and I will pass them on to our staff.

Cindy Racco,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

What can I say? Everything was exceptional. Gorgeous, spacious rooms, amazing staff, great poolside service, amazing food. Decent little walk around the property to burn off the meals.
Love the fact that they play quiet Country music in the background. I don't even really like Country, but it adds to the overall ambience.
I'll definitely return.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear BriSanVan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! It really pleases me that you enjoyed our beautiful resort. One of the great features of our resort is that it is located just about twelve minutes away from the Plaza area and offers breathtaking views of the Sangre de Cristos mountain ranges. This affords our guests peace and tranquility with the convenience of shopping and dining that Santa Fe is known for. It also means we have beautiful hiking trails around the property and into the foothills, allowing our guests to explore the true beauty of the high desert. Once again, thank you very much for taking the time out to review us on Tripadvisor and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort personally.

Cindy Racco,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We visited here for lunch in the main restaurant this week. The service was very good, food delicious and reasonably priced. Such a shame we weren't staying at the hotel, the location was idyllic. The swimming pool looked clean and the communal areas were spotless.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Nicola C,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review from your recent visit to Terra Restaurant! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your meal - everything from the service in Terra Restaurant and Bar to Chef Coopers award winning cooking . Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are very proud of our employees who are professional, caring people and are committed to ensuring all of our guests a true Four Seasons experience. I will share your comments with the rest of our team, as there is no greater motivator than the praise of a “job well done”. Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We value your patronage to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you the next time you come to the property. You will definitely have to come stay with us so you can take advantage of all the amazing amenities the resort has to offer! Again thank you so very much for your very kind comments!

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I brought a group for a meeting here then extended my stay for pleasure. The property is so lovely and serene. I can't say enough about it. As far as a meeting goes, the staff from beginning to end were wonderful.

But as vacation experience, I loved the remoteness. Even if the hotel is at full occupancy, I felt like were the only people there. The pool was beautiful and relaxing, and the service at the pool was stellar. The spa is one of the most beautiful I've been. I particularly enjoyed the bar/restaurant for cocktails (silver coin margaritas!), and personally, I preferred sitting in that area for lighter fare than in the dining room (which is still beautiful).

I really enjoyed the guided complimentary walks in the morning, but I also loved doing it on my own. I loved that the resort is away from town which, for me, is congested and touristy. Spending a day in town is great, but there are so many things to do in the area that being out of town is not a hindrance.

The hotel allowed us to use the Mercedes convertible for our day trip to Taos, and it made our day extra special.

I really recommend this resort. From beginning to end, it was gracious and beautiful.

Room Tip: As others have said, one slight drawback is that I was able to hear those above me. Requesting a se...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Evansaunt,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit - everything from your room accommodation to the pool service and meeting facilities and especially our service. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are very proud of our employees who are professional, caring people and are committed to ensuring our guests a true Four Seasons experience. I will share your comments with the rest of our team, as there is no greater motivator than the praise of a “job well done”. Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We value your patronage to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Santa Fe!

Best Regards,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed aty the Four Seasons Santa Fe for 4 days in early August. Perfect weather. Highs in the 70's, lows in the 50's. We flew in from Houston into Albuquerque and drove the 59 miles in a rental car to Santa Fe.

We had never been to Santa Fe before, and was considering staying on the Plaza like most people do. After visiting the Plaza on Day 1, we determined we made the best choice by staying at the Four Seasons just 10 minutes from the Plaza. It's very peaceful and away from the tourist crowds in town. The scenery was beautiful and staff was great- what you expect from a Four Seasons property.

We were in a single-level King Deluxe room. This means we didn't have anyone above us, which was great. Each room is in a cabin ("casita") shared with either one room next door, or one above or below you. Our single-level casita had a great view of the mountains. Even though we were fairly close to the main lobby building, we never heard other cars driving around or other people/music. We lit a fire each night, and opened the wall of sliding glass doors and enjoyed the cool mountain air.

We are in our mid 20's and were certainly the youngest people there, which was perfectly fine. The bar and lounge was very low key, and a great way to end each night. We ate at the restaurant and at the bar each night. The food was great. Moderately priced, but worth it.

The grounds are great to hike around for an hour or so. You can even venture off the property to areas across the street or down the road to explore more of the desert hills.

No complaints. This was everything we wanted out of a southwestern getaway.

Room Tip: Single-level Deluxe King was worth the extra money to not have a room above you.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kelsey D,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and very detailed review from your recent visit to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our resort and we have to agree that being on the “outskirt” of Santa Fe provides our guests with the tranquility that Santa Fe has come to be known for. I am so glad that you enjoyed the hike as well as the patio fireplace and Terra Bar.

As you know our trademark at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is excellence in service and we take this very much to heart. I will be happy to share your feedback with our team as there is no greater motivator than a job well done. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope to an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Santa Fe!

Cindy Racco

Been to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe? Share your experiences!