“Breathtaking views!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe

You added Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   198 State Road 592, Santa Fe, NM 87506 (Formerly Encantado, An Auberge Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free
Ranked #4 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Breathtaking views!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We visited here for lunch in the main restaurant this week. The service was very good, food delicious and reasonably priced. Such a shame we weren't staying at the hotel, the location was idyllic. The swimming pool looked clean and the communal areas were spotless.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Dear Nicola C,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review from your recent visit to Terra Restaurant! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your meal - everything from the service in Terra Restaurant and Bar to Chef Coopers award winning cooking . Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are very proud of our employees who are professional, caring people and are committed to ensuring all of our guests a true Four Seasons experience. I will share your comments with the rest of our team, as there is no greater motivator than the praise of a “job well done”. Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We value your patronage to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you the next time you come to the property. You will definitely have to come stay with us so you can take advantage of all the amazing amenities the resort has to offer! Again thank you so very much for your very kind comments!

Cindy Racco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I brought a group for a meeting here then extended my stay for pleasure. The property is so lovely and serene. I can't say enough about it. As far as a meeting goes, the staff from beginning to end were wonderful.

But as vacation experience, I loved the remoteness. Even if the hotel is at full occupancy, I felt like were the only people there. The pool was beautiful and relaxing, and the service at the pool was stellar. The spa is one of the most beautiful I've been. I particularly enjoyed the bar/restaurant for cocktails (silver coin margaritas!), and personally, I preferred sitting in that area for lighter fare than in the dining room (which is still beautiful).

I really enjoyed the guided complimentary walks in the morning, but I also loved doing it on my own. I loved that the resort is away from town which, for me, is congested and touristy. Spending a day in town is great, but there are so many things to do in the area that being out of town is not a hindrance.

The hotel allowed us to use the Mercedes convertible for our day trip to Taos, and it made our day extra special.

I really recommend this resort. From beginning to end, it was gracious and beautiful.

Room Tip: As others have said, one slight drawback is that I was able to hear those above me. Requesting a se...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Evansaunt,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit - everything from your room accommodation to the pool service and meeting facilities and especially our service. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are very proud of our employees who are professional, caring people and are committed to ensuring our guests a true Four Seasons experience. I will share your comments with the rest of our team, as there is no greater motivator than the praise of a “job well done”. Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We value your patronage to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Santa Fe!

Best Regards,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed aty the Four Seasons Santa Fe for 4 days in early August. Perfect weather. Highs in the 70's, lows in the 50's. We flew in from Houston into Albuquerque and drove the 59 miles in a rental car to Santa Fe.

We had never been to Santa Fe before, and was considering staying on the Plaza like most people do. After visiting the Plaza on Day 1, we determined we made the best choice by staying at the Four Seasons just 10 minutes from the Plaza. It's very peaceful and away from the tourist crowds in town. The scenery was beautiful and staff was great- what you expect from a Four Seasons property.

We were in a single-level King Deluxe room. This means we didn't have anyone above us, which was great. Each room is in a cabin ("casita") shared with either one room next door, or one above or below you. Our single-level casita had a great view of the mountains. Even though we were fairly close to the main lobby building, we never heard other cars driving around or other people/music. We lit a fire each night, and opened the wall of sliding glass doors and enjoyed the cool mountain air.

We are in our mid 20's and were certainly the youngest people there, which was perfectly fine. The bar and lounge was very low key, and a great way to end each night. We ate at the restaurant and at the bar each night. The food was great. Moderately priced, but worth it.

The grounds are great to hike around for an hour or so. You can even venture off the property to areas across the street or down the road to explore more of the desert hills.

No complaints. This was everything we wanted out of a southwestern getaway.

Room Tip: Single-level Deluxe King was worth the extra money to not have a room above you.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kelsey D,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and very detailed review from your recent visit to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our resort and we have to agree that being on the “outskirt” of Santa Fe provides our guests with the tranquility that Santa Fe has come to be known for. I am so glad that you enjoyed the hike as well as the patio fireplace and Terra Bar.

As you know our trademark at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is excellence in service and we take this very much to heart. I will be happy to share your feedback with our team as there is no greater motivator than a job well done. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope to an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Santa Fe!

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I am so pleased we made the decision not to stay in Santa Fe itself but a 10 minute drive out of town in this beautiful property.
The rooms are stunning, well appointed and roomy. We were in the most basic casita but plenty of room for a family of 4 (two queen beds and a baby cot).
The bathroom is fabulous, especially the big bathtub.
The facilities are lovely - a relaxing pool, jacuzzi and decent sized gym. All the food we ate was delicious, especially the eggs benedict.
It's not a property geared specifically towards families but we were made to feel very welcome and the staff are all exceptionally friendly. Highly recommend the daily guided walk in the morning.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tartan69,

Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy all of our beautiful resort amenities. Being outside of the city proper the resort has a stunning view of the Jemez and Sangre de Cristos mountains. We would have to agree with you that by being just 10 minutes away from the down area offers our guests a more relaxing and enjoyable getaway. Our property has a special feel and is the perfect distance from the city, with our complimentary shuttle service getting to town to enjoy the local flavor is very accessible. I also must agree with your comment, “The bathroom is fabulous, especially the big bathtub.” The big bath tub and heated bathroom floors are two of my personal favorite features!

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Santa Fe in the future.

Best Regards,

Sarasota, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was an awesome Four Seasons property. The casita was spacious with great amenities. The hotel provided a guide for hiking and also s'mores in the evening. This is an ideal hotel for the opera lovers of the nearby Santa Fe Opera. The package included great items, but the restaurant prices are rather exorbitant. Also, there's a shuttle to go to downtown, which is about twenty minutes away. However, if you want a getaway with beautiful views, that should be no problem here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Greetings From The City Different,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review about your recent visit to the Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado. I can't thank you enough for providing feedback about your stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your spacious casita and all of its amenities, as well as, the guided hikes and the evening s'mores. Being so close the our beloved Santa Fe Opera House we feel our property is the perfect place to spend a quiet summer evening enjoying the beauty of the mountains and the delight that is the Santa Fe Opera. We are all so pleased you could join us for this very special time of year!

As you know our trademark at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is excellence in service, and we take this very much to heart. I will be happy to share your feedback with the team; as well as, your comments about Terra Restaurant. I have passed along your comments to the appropriate departments.

Oak Hill, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

First of all the rooms were very nice, with the bungalows and buildings merging well with the natural surroundings. The staff was very friendly and attentive. It was quiet and restive if that is what you want. If you want to see Santa Fe there are better choices downtown. Two minor complaints, one is if you are in a two story four plex you will head the people above you walking around. I wanted a first floor room but unless you are in a one story room you will find the second floor quieter. Second, why does a Four Seasons charge so much for ordinary things. I get the room rate and have no issue with it. But you go to the bar to have a drink (beer, wine or liquor) that is a standard brand and pay $5-$8 more. Food and Beverage should not be this out of line. In fact we traveled four miles down the road one morning for breakfast, but it is double the price for eggs and bacon. For that reason, even though the hotel is no near anything, the bar and dining room is largely vacant. I would have loved to have breakfast on their patio, but the view was not worth the $35 I saved by going down the street.

Room Tip: As noted above try and get into the one story buildings, if not go second floor which is quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Happyg68,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort following your stay with us.

I was disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. I have passed on your comments concerning the noise from the rooms above, as well as, your concerns about the restaurant to the appropriate departments. I was very pleased that you enjoyed the rooms and the property, as we too believe our environment is very peaceful and restive.

Should you wish to discuss your concerns in more detail, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the number listed below. We take your feedback seriously and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to regain your trust and confidence.

(505) 946-5700
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I can't say enough great things about this beautiful property and its' incredible staff. My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a few days in May on a vacation from Brooklyn, NY and fell in love with it. It's perfectly situated in the foothills and because of the way the casitas are set up you feel like you have your own house. The views are stunning and there are trailheads accessible directly from the property. The food was incredible. But most of all, the people that work at this hotel are absolutely outstanding and incredibly nice. We were so impressed with the people and the property that we decided to throw our small wedding there a month later. The people we worked with went above and beyond to throw us an incredible event. I would highly recommend this hotel for vacations, events, anything at all- it's a fabulous place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Marian B,

We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests. We have to agree with you that the views of the Sangre de Cristos mountain ranges and rolling hills of the Jemez Mountains on our resort are hard to beat! As you know our trademark at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is excellence in service, and we take this very much to heart. I will be happy to share your feedback with the team. The fact that you let us share in your special day is more than a compliment! We consider all of our guests family and we all want to wish you many congratulations on your recent wedding from our family to yours!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope that we have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado Santa Fe in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Cindy Racco

Been to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe? Share your experiences!