My boyfriend and I stayed aty the Four Seasons Santa Fe for 4 days in early August. Perfect weather. Highs in the 70's, lows in the 50's. We flew in from Houston into Albuquerque and drove the 59 miles in a rental car to Santa Fe.
We had never been to Santa Fe before, and was considering staying on the Plaza like most people do. After visiting the Plaza on Day 1, we determined we made the best choice by staying at the Four Seasons just 10 minutes from the Plaza. It's very peaceful and away from the tourist crowds in town. The scenery was beautiful and staff was great- what you expect from a Four Seasons property.
We were in a single-level King Deluxe room. This means we didn't have anyone above us, which was great. Each room is in a cabin ("casita") shared with either one room next door, or one above or below you. Our single-level casita had a great view of the mountains. Even though we were fairly close to the main lobby building, we never heard other cars driving around or other people/music. We lit a fire each night, and opened the wall of sliding glass doors and enjoyed the cool mountain air.
We are in our mid 20's and were certainly the youngest people there, which was perfectly fine. The bar and lounge was very low key, and a great way to end each night. We ate at the restaurant and at the bar each night. The food was great. Moderately priced, but worth it.
The grounds are great to hike around for an hour or so. You can even venture off the property to areas across the street or down the road to explore more of the desert hills.
No complaints. This was everything we wanted out of a southwestern getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under grand skies and infinite stars, rediscover your inner artist in our intimate escape from the ordinary – nestled in a high-mountain desert landscape, minutes from the magic of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Set in 57 unspoiled acres tucked gently into the Sangre de Cristo foothills, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe is just 10 minutes from Santa Fe’s galleries, shops and distinctive architecture. The Resort offers 65 casita guest rooms and suites, each with its own fireplace and private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encantado, An Auberge Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Resort Santa Fe