“An excellent out of town location of beauty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   198 State Road 592, Santa Fe, NM 87506 (Formerly Encantado, An Auberge Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“An excellent out of town location of beauty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

While we have not stayed here, we have eaten here, had cocktails and have attended Santa Fe Opera events including apprentice singers' concerts. The staff from the car parkers, the greeters and the servers have been warm and accommodating. It is a beautiful setting and the restaurant, bar and meeting areas are lovely.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Golem67,

I would like to first of all thank you very much for the terrific review on Trip Advisor! We also think Terra is an amazing place to dine and Chef Cooper is certainly top notch! Our Opera Apprentice concert series is coming up very soon, the available dates are: June 19th, July 9th, and August 14th. I would love to welcome you back to the resort personally. We take great pride in everything we do here at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado and feel that all of our staff is very deserving of your kind words. Again, thank you so much.

General Manger

358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Middle Village
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and I spent 3 glorious nights at the Four Seasons in New Mexico. Upon our arrival we were met by George at the Bell Desk. He escorted us into the Lobby, welcomed us warmly and proceeded to get our bags. Upon check in we were greeted with delcious chocolates and although we arrived early, our casita was ready and waiting. George guided us to a beautiful 2nd floor room overlooking the grounds. A simple comment by my husband about preferring a ground floor due to recent knee surgery prompted Geoge to pick up the phone to the front desk and request a ground floor. One was immediately provided with no problem. We went to lunch at the outdoor Terrace Bar while George set up our belongings as well as putting away a few incidentals we had picked up along the way. We stopped at the Front desk to thank Bradley Russell Desk Manager for making the change when he offered us an even better choice of accommodations. We were ultimately provided with a gorgeous 2 room suite at a minimal increase. Russell's kindness made all the difference in our 3 day getaway. The friendly staff, the fireplace that was restacked with wood daily and the quiet accommodating surroundings made our mini vacation memorable! We will be returning. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: The Staff is so accommodating that they will do everything possible to make you happy. All Casitas a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings from the Land of Enchantment!

I am so pleased to hear about your wonderful stay with us here at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! We have an amazing staff and I am thrilled to hear about the great care that was taken to accommodate your husband’s recent knee surgery and how George & Bradley took wonderful care of you! Our suites are quite gorgeous and the peacefulness of the surroundings do lend themselves to a relaxing and truly memorable stay. Thank you for your kind words and I hope to be able to personally greet you on your next visit to the City Different.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We met up with a group of friends to celebrate 2 birthdays. We came from Miami, Los Angeles, Dallas and points beyond.
The location 10 minutes north of Santa Fe was beautiful. You felt isolated yet the lure of Santa Fe was within reach either by your car or the complimentary shuttle from the resort.
The casitas have kiva fireplaces which were easy to maintain (fireplace butler) and enjoyable day and night. Heated floors in the bathrooms with 100 gallon soaking tubs to enjoy. The spa was acceptable, especially the steam room. Treatments were good. View from the pool was amazing. The restaurant and bar were above average and the overall feel of this resort was like being at a friends casa for a visit.

It is much more like a boutique experience than a grand resort experience. We recommend it for couples or friends and family. A great all around place to enjoy a short or extended stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear RWBIII,

I am thrilled beyond words to read that your group’s birthday stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our Mercedes shuttle service. I completely agree with you that heated floors and soaking tubs are terrific, a great touch in our high desert winters! I love your description of the resort, "overall feel of this resort was like being at a friend’s casa for a visit." We consider all of our guests as friends of the resort and I would love to personally greet you on your next trip to Santa Fe. Thank you again for your kind words and I will pass them on to our staff.

nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband, daughter (nearly 10) and I spent possibly our best family vacation here, most certainly one of the most relaxing, luxuriating week away from our hectic, hustle and bustle NY lives.

We absolutely loved this Four Seasons property. While I had considered other properties, all of them "in town", I took a chance staying outside of downtown Santa Fe to increase our chances of really getting some much needed relaxation. We arrived in the early afternoon on Saturday, our Casita wasn't quite ready but we were immediately greeted and made to feel welcome by Max at the front desk. We had a delicious light lunch in the dinning room and immediately started to feel the effects of the high dessert on our muscles as the relaxation started seeping in.

The grounds are beautiful, the air is wonderfully crisp and clean, and the location and views are magical. Our Vista Casita was beautifully well appointed, included a very generous closet, a very large bathroom with radiant heated floors and a deep luxurious tub, and a lovely terrace. I highly recommend getting a "Vista" (second floor) casita as the views are really worth it. We used the real fireplace only once during our stay, but it was lovely to have. Of particular note is the great lighting in the room, all dimmer controlled. The housekeeping staff was was exceptionally friendly.

My husband enjoyed the very well equipped gym, my daughter loved the pool area, and I relaxed in the quiet and beautiful spa. We enjoyed, as a family, the complimentary hikes offered on the property, led by the on-site Adventure company that is staffed with incredibly helpful and knowledgable experts. The room service was great and the food overall was fantastic (be sure to try their homemade croissant and their Santa Fe Style Chilaquiles are the very best I've ever had).

Everyday, we explored the surrounding areas, Santa Fe, the galleries, the stores, Bandelier National Monument and Valle Caldera, and especially Ghost Ranch--where we went horseback riding in Georgia O'Keeffe country, an absolute highlight of our trip. And every late afternoon as we returned to the property the wonderful staff greeted us, asking us about our day, and making sure all our needs were cared for.
The level of service, of real care, was not just in one or two staff members at this property, but was absolutely in each and every person we came into contact with at the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado. From Max at the front desk, who was so genuine and caring, to the "experience assistants" Jason and Theresa (especially Theresa who went above and beyond for us every day, and took a special interest in making sure our daughter had a magical experience), to the Bell Staff who always opened the doors with a genuine smile or made arrangements for us to use one of the Mercedes they have at the disposal of guests, David, Rocky, Mario, their whole team made us feel welcome and pampered.

We will definitely return to this property on our next trip to Santa Fe. All my daughter wants to know is when. Thanks to all the wonderful staff for such a special stay.

Room Tip: Splurge and reserve a Vista Casita (second Floor rooms)--The views are worth it! Ask to borrow one...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Greetings from the City Different!

You pay us the highest compliment when you say "We will definitely return to this property on our next trip to Santa Fe, all my daughter wants to know is when!" I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the beauty of our scenic property. We hope you and your family will return soon, it is great to get such positive feedback. When I heard how much your husband enjoyed the gym, and your daughter the pool area, it is a positive affirmation for all we do here at Four Season Resort Rancho Encantado! I agree that our Spa provides a relaxing and beautiful atmosphere offering a truly eclectic range of services, I am so glad you enjoyed it. Again we are all thrilled that your family had such a wonderful stay. The next time you are in Santa Fe I hope to welcome you back personally.

Sincerely

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We absolutely loved this property. We went as a family (kids ages 12 and 11) and I was skeptical at first staying away from downtown Santa Fe. Once we got to the property, all skeptisism went away. The grounds were inspiring and magical to walk around. The caisitas were beautiful, comfortable (loved the real fireplace) and roomy and the staff was exceptionally friendly. The kids loved the pool. We went for walks every day around the property (there is a mile or so hike). The room service was great and the food overall was fantastic. Chef Cooper runs an amazing ship. With so many great food options in Santa Fe, we actually chose to stay at the restaurant/bar 3 out of our 5 nights because the atmosphere and food were so great. (We highly recommend the trout and carne asada nachos). We went exploring every day (Santa Fe, or Taos or Bandelier) and it was so comforting and relaxing to return back to our casita. We will definitely return to this property on our next trip to Santa Fe. The kids are already asking when we can go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Greetings from Santa Fe!

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado as the destination for your families visit to the City Different. I sincerely appreciate the time you spent sharing your experiences and so glad that you were able to enjoy all that the resort has to offer. I am pleased to hear that you think “Chef Cooper runs an amazing ship.”, I totally agree, our kitchen staff is amazing! And I am very happy to hear that you chose to spend 3 out of your 5 nights with us because the atmosphere and food were so great! I will be happy to share your feedback with our Executive Chef, Andrew Cooper, and the rest of the team. I hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back for your next visit to Santa Fe as there are still much to explore of the City Different which one cannot accomplish with one visit. Once again, your time and feedback is greatly appreciated. Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

What should have been a lovely stay for our 20th anniversary, unfortunately left us as cold as the concrete floor of the casita. Our prepaid confirmed reservation could not be located by the staff upon check-in and the young lady at the desk, while polite, could not comprehend that it was her problem to fix, not ours. We had to make phone calls to confirm the reservation and then had to ask repeatedly for the manager. She finally found the f&b manager who realized that we should just be shown to a room and the problem sorted out the next day with the general manager and day staff (nearly an hour later). We actually had the call for the general manager the next afternoon as no one called us in the morning as promised to confirm that indeed our reservation had been in their computers all along somehow. Definitely not the caliber of service that one would expect from this level of hotel. The room was nice, the bed was comfortable, the concrete floor was a little off-putting. The bathrooms are nice especially the large tub, but the shower head was in need of replacement. The location is off the beaten path, but we were placed into a casita in the back corner and had no view of anything. We would not return here and spent as little time here as possible. So disappointing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Greeting from Santa Fe,

I was disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay.
The problems you highlighted are not in keeping with the standards that we continually strive to maintain, and I sincerely apologize that your Anniversary was not acknowledged as it should have been. I wanted to let you know that the appropriate discussions have been had and your valuable feedback will be used in the future as a learning tool for our staff in the future.
Should you wish to discuss your concerns in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the number listed below. We take your feedback seriously and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to regain your trust and confidence.

(505) 946-5801
Foster City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

As a teacher on spring break from California, traveling solo, for pure R+R, this resort and all that it entails was PERFECT. I shopped til I dropped, ate, drank, went site seeing and hung out with locals then returned to my personal Casita to rest and score a
deep desert tan.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Greetings from the Land of Enchantment!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your feedback. We are very proud of our staff and are committed to ensuring our guests a true Four Seasons experience. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests. It sounds like you had a marvelous time on spring break, and being a teacher I am sure rest and relaxation are a true priority! I think Santa Fe is truly a unique place and the shopping, dining and outdoor activities are second to none!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope that we have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado Santa Fe in the near future.

Cindy Racco

Been to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe? Share your experiences!