My husband, daughter (nearly 10) and I spent possibly our best family vacation here, most certainly one of the most relaxing, luxuriating week away from our hectic, hustle and bustle NY lives.
We absolutely loved this Four Seasons property. While I had considered other properties, all of them "in town", I took a chance staying outside of downtown Santa Fe to increase our chances of really getting some much needed relaxation. We arrived in the early afternoon on Saturday, our Casita wasn't quite ready but we were immediately greeted and made to feel welcome by Max at the front desk. We had a delicious light lunch in the dinning room and immediately started to feel the effects of the high dessert on our muscles as the relaxation started seeping in.
The grounds are beautiful, the air is wonderfully crisp and clean, and the location and views are magical. Our Vista Casita was beautifully well appointed, included a very generous closet, a very large bathroom with radiant heated floors and a deep luxurious tub, and a lovely terrace. I highly recommend getting a "Vista" (second floor) casita as the views are really worth it. We used the real fireplace only once during our stay, but it was lovely to have. Of particular note is the great lighting in the room, all dimmer controlled. The housekeeping staff was was exceptionally friendly.
My husband enjoyed the very well equipped gym, my daughter loved the pool area, and I relaxed in the quiet and beautiful spa. We enjoyed, as a family, the complimentary hikes offered on the property, led by the on-site Adventure company that is staffed with incredibly helpful and knowledgable experts. The room service was great and the food overall was fantastic (be sure to try their homemade croissant and their Santa Fe Style Chilaquiles are the very best I've ever had).
Everyday, we explored the surrounding areas, Santa Fe, the galleries, the stores, Bandelier National Monument and Valle Caldera, and especially Ghost Ranch--where we went horseback riding in Georgia O'Keeffe country, an absolute highlight of our trip. And every late afternoon as we returned to the property the wonderful staff greeted us, asking us about our day, and making sure all our needs were cared for.
The level of service, of real care, was not just in one or two staff members at this property, but was absolutely in each and every person we came into contact with at the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado. From Max at the front desk, who was so genuine and caring, to the "experience assistants" Jason and Theresa (especially Theresa who went above and beyond for us every day, and took a special interest in making sure our daughter had a magical experience), to the Bell Staff who always opened the doors with a genuine smile or made arrangements for us to use one of the Mercedes they have at the disposal of guests, David, Rocky, Mario, their whole team made us feel welcome and pampered.
We will definitely return to this property on our next trip to Santa Fe. All my daughter wants to know is when. Thanks to all the wonderful staff for such a special stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under grand skies and infinite stars, rediscover your inner artist in our intimate escape from the ordinary – nestled in a high-mountain desert landscape, minutes from the magic of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Set in 57 unspoiled acres tucked gently into the Sangre de Cristo foothills, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe is just 10 minutes from Santa Fe’s galleries, shops and distinctive architecture. The Resort offers 65 casita guest rooms and suites, each with its own fireplace and private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Reservation Counter, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encantado, An Auberge Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Resort Santa Fe