“Land of Enchantment Relaxation + Four Seasons Service = Priceless Week” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   198 State Road 592, Santa Fe, NM 87506 (Formerly Encantado, An Auberge Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #8 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
nyc
“Land of Enchantment Relaxation + Four Seasons Service = Priceless Week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband, daughter (nearly 10) and I spent possibly our best family vacation here, most certainly one of the most relaxing, luxuriating week away from our hectic, hustle and bustle NY lives.

We absolutely loved this Four Seasons property. While I had considered other properties, all of them "in town", I took a chance staying outside of downtown Santa Fe to increase our chances of really getting some much needed relaxation. We arrived in the early afternoon on Saturday, our Casita wasn't quite ready but we were immediately greeted and made to feel welcome by Max at the front desk. We had a delicious light lunch in the dinning room and immediately started to feel the effects of the high dessert on our muscles as the relaxation started seeping in.

The grounds are beautiful, the air is wonderfully crisp and clean, and the location and views are magical. Our Vista Casita was beautifully well appointed, included a very generous closet, a very large bathroom with radiant heated floors and a deep luxurious tub, and a lovely terrace. I highly recommend getting a "Vista" (second floor) casita as the views are really worth it. We used the real fireplace only once during our stay, but it was lovely to have. Of particular note is the great lighting in the room, all dimmer controlled. The housekeeping staff was was exceptionally friendly.

My husband enjoyed the very well equipped gym, my daughter loved the pool area, and I relaxed in the quiet and beautiful spa. We enjoyed, as a family, the complimentary hikes offered on the property, led by the on-site Adventure company that is staffed with incredibly helpful and knowledgable experts. The room service was great and the food overall was fantastic (be sure to try their homemade croissant and their Santa Fe Style Chilaquiles are the very best I've ever had).

Everyday, we explored the surrounding areas, Santa Fe, the galleries, the stores, Bandelier National Monument and Valle Caldera, and especially Ghost Ranch--where we went horseback riding in Georgia O'Keeffe country, an absolute highlight of our trip. And every late afternoon as we returned to the property the wonderful staff greeted us, asking us about our day, and making sure all our needs were cared for.
The level of service, of real care, was not just in one or two staff members at this property, but was absolutely in each and every person we came into contact with at the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado. From Max at the front desk, who was so genuine and caring, to the "experience assistants" Jason and Theresa (especially Theresa who went above and beyond for us every day, and took a special interest in making sure our daughter had a magical experience), to the Bell Staff who always opened the doors with a genuine smile or made arrangements for us to use one of the Mercedes they have at the disposal of guests, David, Rocky, Mario, their whole team made us feel welcome and pampered.

We will definitely return to this property on our next trip to Santa Fe. All my daughter wants to know is when. Thanks to all the wonderful staff for such a special stay.

Room Tip: Splurge and reserve a Vista Casita (second Floor rooms)--The views are worth it! Ask to borrow one...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Greetings from the City Different!

You pay us the highest compliment when you say "We will definitely return to this property on our next trip to Santa Fe, all my daughter wants to know is when!" I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the beauty of our scenic property. We hope you and your family will return soon, it is great to get such positive feedback. When I heard how much your husband enjoyed the gym, and your daughter the pool area, it is a positive affirmation for all we do here at Four Season Resort Rancho Encantado! I agree that our Spa provides a relaxing and beautiful atmosphere offering a truly eclectic range of services, I am so glad you enjoyed it. Again we are all thrilled that your family had such a wonderful stay. The next time you are in Santa Fe I hope to welcome you back personally.

Sincerely

Cindy Racco,

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We absolutely loved this property. We went as a family (kids ages 12 and 11) and I was skeptical at first staying away from downtown Santa Fe. Once we got to the property, all skeptisism went away. The grounds were inspiring and magical to walk around. The caisitas were beautiful, comfortable (loved the real fireplace) and roomy and the staff was exceptionally friendly. The kids loved the pool. We went for walks every day around the property (there is a mile or so hike). The room service was great and the food overall was fantastic. Chef Cooper runs an amazing ship. With so many great food options in Santa Fe, we actually chose to stay at the restaurant/bar 3 out of our 5 nights because the atmosphere and food were so great. (We highly recommend the trout and carne asada nachos). We went exploring every day (Santa Fe, or Taos or Bandelier) and it was so comforting and relaxing to return back to our casita. We will definitely return to this property on our next trip to Santa Fe. The kids are already asking when we can go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Greetings from Santa Fe!

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado as the destination for your families visit to the City Different. I sincerely appreciate the time you spent sharing your experiences and so glad that you were able to enjoy all that the resort has to offer. I am pleased to hear that you think “Chef Cooper runs an amazing ship.”, I totally agree, our kitchen staff is amazing! And I am very happy to hear that you chose to spend 3 out of your 5 nights with us because the atmosphere and food were so great! I will be happy to share your feedback with our Executive Chef, Andrew Cooper, and the rest of the team. I hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back for your next visit to Santa Fe as there are still much to explore of the City Different which one cannot accomplish with one visit. Once again, your time and feedback is greatly appreciated. Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

What should have been a lovely stay for our 20th anniversary, unfortunately left us as cold as the concrete floor of the casita. Our prepaid confirmed reservation could not be located by the staff upon check-in and the young lady at the desk, while polite, could not comprehend that it was her problem to fix, not ours. We had to make phone calls to confirm the reservation and then had to ask repeatedly for the manager. She finally found the f&b manager who realized that we should just be shown to a room and the problem sorted out the next day with the general manager and day staff (nearly an hour later). We actually had the call for the general manager the next afternoon as no one called us in the morning as promised to confirm that indeed our reservation had been in their computers all along somehow. Definitely not the caliber of service that one would expect from this level of hotel. The room was nice, the bed was comfortable, the concrete floor was a little off-putting. The bathrooms are nice especially the large tub, but the shower head was in need of replacement. The location is off the beaten path, but we were placed into a casita in the back corner and had no view of anything. We would not return here and spent as little time here as possible. So disappointing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Greeting from Santa Fe,

I was disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay.
The problems you highlighted are not in keeping with the standards that we continually strive to maintain, and I sincerely apologize that your Anniversary was not acknowledged as it should have been. I wanted to let you know that the appropriate discussions have been had and your valuable feedback will be used in the future as a learning tool for our staff in the future.
Should you wish to discuss your concerns in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the number listed below. We take your feedback seriously and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to regain your trust and confidence.

(505) 946-5801
Foster City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

As a teacher on spring break from California, traveling solo, for pure R+R, this resort and all that it entails was PERFECT. I shopped til I dropped, ate, drank, went site seeing and hung out with locals then returned to my personal Casita to rest and score a
deep desert tan.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Greetings from the Land of Enchantment!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your feedback. We are very proud of our staff and are committed to ensuring our guests a true Four Seasons experience. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests. It sounds like you had a marvelous time on spring break, and being a teacher I am sure rest and relaxation are a true priority! I think Santa Fe is truly a unique place and the shopping, dining and outdoor activities are second to none!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope that we have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado Santa Fe in the near future.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Three suggestions... reserve a deluxe casita with a soaking tub, order the beef short rib from in-room dining, and ask about the Benz E550 that you can drive around Santa Fe as a complimentary perk. Absolutely top shelf resort and a great group of employees. We will certainly be back for another stay soon.

Room Tip: Soaking tubs in the deluxe casitas are incredible
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
FSRanchoEncantado, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
What a lovely compliment - "absolutely top shelf resorts and a great group of employees. We will certainly be back for another stay soon." We anticipating your next visit to the City Different – you still have a lot of great suggestions to explore during your next visit! Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans take you back to the Land of Enchantment!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I went to find a serene, quiet place to rest while having the option of visiting The Plaza, Santa Fe Shops and the Great Food options. It was beyond my expectations. I will return there on my next adventure to Santa Fe.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
I am so pleased to hear that you had a truly memorable vacation at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! As you discovered, our resort provides the best of both worlds to our guests with a “serene, quiet place to rest while having the option of visiting the Plaza, Santa Fe Shops…” and we couldn’t have agreed more with you! We hope you will visit many times in the months and years to come. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Four Seasons Rancho Encantado provided excellent accommodations during our recent visit to New Mexico. The location is conveniently located near Santa Fe (you need a car - hotel shuttle service is infrequent) and the property setting is wonderful. WIth spectacular views, beautiful landscaping and spacious guest rooms, the resort is outstanding.

Our room was spacious and we enjoyed a huge, luxurious bathroom - with heated floors, a soaking tub and an amazing shower. The fitness center gets a 5-Star rating and it was never busy - often felt like our own personal gym. The outdoor pool area is a terrific place to take in the sun, read, relax and enjoy the New Mexican sunshine.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your visit. We are so elated that you had such an enjoyable time at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado. On behalf of the entire staff and myself, thank you so much for taking time to share your experience. We certainly appreciate your glowing words of praise about our little gem. Once again, thank you for feedback and we look forward to your next stay!

Cindy Racco

Been to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe? Share your experiences!