“Celebrate in Luxury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   198 State Road 592, Santa Fe, NM 87506 (Formerly Encantado, An Auberge Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Austin, Texas
“Celebrate in Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I just spent four wonderful days at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado to celebrate her birthday. It is a wonderful setting that says Santa Fe, without the hustle and bustle of the city. Set in the foothills, isolated and quiet at this time of the year. The staff at every level was attentive, friendly without overdoing it. We really enjoyed the Chef's table in the evening of my wife’s birthday, 13 courses of marvelous food and great fun in the kitchen. We learned more than a few new culinary tricks. We also greatly enjoyed the couples Spa retreat, came away as marshmallows, figuratively speaking. We had a second floor casita with a wonderful view across the distant valley. We built a fire each morning and evening. What a wonderful experience, we will return.

Room Tip: The second floor casitas have great views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy T, Executive Assistant to Cindy Racco at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Larry G:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado!We are so pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us! We are so glad that you were able to experience the Spa and the Chef’s Table and even learned some new treats! Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.Once again, we wish your wife a very Happy Birthday and thank you for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to our Resort sooner rather than later!

Cindy Racco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We live down the street from the new 4 Seasons and used to visit once or twice per week under their old management. The service is atrocious for this price point, from the second that you leave your car till you get back into it. I don't think that they'll make it but that's up to time to tell.

We unfortunately feel like we've lost our neighborhood place. This is all attitude but nothing to back it up. I'm hoping that it'll fall under different management or there is a huge re-staffing.

Cannot recommend, stay elsewhere.

Note: I am placing a date of travel since it does ask for one. I am, unfortunately, always around this place. I have however stayed here several times.

Room Tip: We've stayed here a few times for different fund raisers/galas, etc. It's close enough to S...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Local_Local11:

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent visit with Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to make your visit with us an exceptional one. We take all of the comments we receive from our guests seriously and use them as a learning tool in order for us to find new ways to improve the overall product and service delivery we provide to our guests. I would be happy to speak with you further regarding your visit, please contact me directly at your earliest convenience.

cindy.racco@fourseasons.com
505-946-5801
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

An important part of the Santa Fe experience is its location near the mountains, clear sky, awesome sunsets, long vistas, wild untamed landscape. Four seasons rancho encantado offers that up, as well as a location appropriate decor which sensitively blends luxury and rustic. In the rooms we particularly appreciated two comfy chairs by the fireplace, as well as a table for two so in addition to meals, we could both set up laptops to take care of business as necessary.

Room Tip: no suggestions about choosing a room but don't miss the fitness room with view and spa with its...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy T, Executive Assistant to Cindy Racco at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear N708Y:

We greatly appreciate you taking the time out to write a review from your recent visit at Four Seasons Resort Santa Fe! We agree that our resort offers not only the luxury, but the authenticity and beauty of Santa Fe as well. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the décor of your room! Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

Granbury, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I were given a gift card to any Four Seasons resort. We always enjoy spending time in the Santa Fe. Our stay at Four Seasons Resort was truly second to none. Every aspect of our stay exceeded expectations. We ate dinner on three occasions at the resort and I can honestly say it was three of the best meals I have ever had in my life, the chef there is a credit to the resort!

Dear Neil N.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. As a Four Seasons we pride ourselves on providing seamless service and we are so delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations! And we would also have to agree that our Executive Chef, Andrew Cooper, is the best. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts from your visit. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Santa Fe.

Cindy Racco,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

First time in Santa Fe and at this resort. Loved our spacious second story casita. Had a nice balcony with a great view of the surrounding landscape and mountains. Only managed to sit out once as it was winter and on the cool side. The room was lovely and warm and cozy and I loved sitting in the chair with my coffee each morning watching the sun rise over the mountains. Lots of nice touches in the room and we enjoyed a meal there on our first night. The menu had quite a variety of things and the only thing I would like to see is a few more vegetarian/dairy free items on there but the food we did have was a high quality and very enjoyable. We had some food and drinks in the bar area a couple of nights and enjoyed the atmosphere in there, not too crowded but friendly.They had put fires on in the outside patio areas which was lovely but just a little too cool to sit out there for long. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful which makes for a pleasant stay anywhere. We enjoyed walking back to our casita from the bar, looking up at the myriad of stars in the night sky, which was just stunning. We also found it very quiet and could not tell if there were people in the next casita's, which we appreciate. If you want to be around noise and people this is not the place but it was perfect for us. We found the hiking trail at the back of the resort and walked it several times, loving the view from above. I was going to suggest a shutle service into town for anyone that wants to go there at night but some reviews suggest there may be one but we didn't know about if there was. All in all a great stay and would defintely go back.

Room Tip: Get a second story casita to watch the sun rise over the mountains, lovely.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy T, Executive Assistant to Cindy Racco at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Melanie K,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review about your recent visit to the Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado. I can't thank you enough for providing feedback about your stay with us. I was very pleased that you were satisfied with your recent stay with us. As you know our trademark at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is excellence in service, and we take this very much to heart. I will be happy to share your feedback with the team. Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Santa Fe in the future.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I wrote a detailed review of this resort back in 2010, and for the specifics that will be of help to you in room selection and even some things to do in Santa Fe, please read that review:

We stayed 5 nights again in January of 2013 (once again in the off season when there are very few guests and once again we stayed in the larger suite room). Even thought they have changed management companies since we were there in 2010, I am pleased to report they still stand out in terms of service and hospitality. The restaurant has a new head chef named Andrew, who comes out to the tables and meets with the guests, and even delivers special items to your table. Food was amazing as before. We ate two dinners, one lunch and one breakfast at the hotel restaurant. We also had room service twice. Excellent food every time.

This time I had a I had a business matter to deal with which required sending a fax. There was a problem with the fax machine at the bank I was sending to, and the front desk staff took my 29 page document and made numerous attempts to re-send it during the day while my wife and I were visiting Santa Fe. The front desk person called me on my cell to let me know the status. No charge for faxes and this was indeed service above and beyond the norm at ANY hotel.

My wife used the spa this time, and had a very nice experience.

The room was exactly as reported in my last review (I strongly suggest you read that review), clean, spacious and upscale. In my last review, I suggested a few things, but so far they have not been implemented. I suggested gas fireplaces in the rooms as making a fire is difficult due to the altitude and you may or may not like the "smokey" smell of burned logs, even though they clean the fireplaces out each day. My wife does not like that smell, so we did not use the fireplace. I also suggested they put a regular chair in the room for use at the table, as the sofa "type" chair is too low for that purpose. But these are insigificant concerns and if you want the best customer service experience in an amazing location, this is your resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy T, Executive Assistant to Cindy Racco at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear travelINReviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! I am so delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us! Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely elated to hear such positive feedback from our guests. Again, we truly appreciate you taking the time out to share your thoughts from your visit. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Santa Fe!

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I went on a Santa Fe excursion with a close group of women friends. There were ten of us and each of us shared a Casita. The rooms were large with spectacular views of the Sunsets. The beds were comfortable with high thread count sheets. Our bathroom had one of the best tubs I have ever used. We had a wood burning fireplace in the corner of our room which was useful as it gets chilly in the desert at night.

We did a yoga class at the studio they have. The teacher (whose name escapes me at the moment) was really attentive to each of us. We also took longs hikes into the desert behind the property.

We had a dinner at the on site restaurant. The food was over the top foodie, gourmet, and 5-Start service. The design of the property gives you experience of being in the middle of no where. But it was a short drive to the Plaza and other great restaurants in Sante Fe.

I look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear DenverJustengaged,
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your feedback. I am so glad that you enjoyed your yoga class and our Executive Chef's master pieces! We believe that this is the perfect girls' getaway destination! Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. I hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado Santa Fe in the near future.

Cindy Racco

Been to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe? Share your experiences!