“Amazing views great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   198 State Road 592, Santa Fe, NM 87506 (Formerly Encantado, An Auberge Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #6 of 59 hotels in Santa Fe
“Amazing views great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The resort is very clean and the staff is very professional and courteous. Rooms have great views. The fire place and heated floors too off the experience. The bar staff is amazing and even kept the bar open late for us after they closed. Transportation to and from the plaza and shopping areas is an added benefit

• Stayed February 2013
Tammy T, Executive Assistant to Cindy Racco at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Suzielane:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit - everything from your room, complimentary transportation service to town, Terra Restaurant and Bar. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. I am always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Santa Fe!

326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here over valentines weekend. The casita we stayed in was spacious and warm. Upon arriving we had a hand written note celebrating our new baby and some wonderful treats from hotel management. This was a welcome surprise and a great way to start our weekend. Breakfast and dinner at Terra were very good. Lunch was our hands down favorite. I do feel however that better meals could be had in Santa Fe at the many wonderful restaurants. Service was exceptional.

• Stayed February 2013
Tammy T, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear gonzo03:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Valentine-Weekend Away with us! Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely elated to hear such positive feedback from our guests. Once again, congratulations on the newest addition to your family. We truly appreciate you taking the time out to share your thoughts from your visit and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Santa Fe!

Kind Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I really love this place!! I think is beautiful, been there 4 times always expecting that my last disappoint visit was just one of those days... But in every single time that we been there food was a really bad! And is a place that you go full of expectations!! I do recommend that you go... The place is beautiful!!! But just go for drinks... Maybe a bite, but not for a big fantastic dinner!! It's not good for how much you are going to pay...

• Stayed December 2012
Tammy T, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Vuedemond:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and very detailed review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado!
Your review regarding our restaurant will definitely be passed onto our Food and Beverage Director. We only want our guests to experience the absolute best, and we are genuinely sorry this was not the case for you during your visit. We understand that there are many choices for you to decide from when traveling to Santa Fe and we appreciate the business and your loyalty to our brand and our resort and we want to make sure that this continues. We take all of the comments we receive from our guests seriously and use them as a learning tool in order for us to find new ways to improve the overall product and service delivery we provide to our guests. I would be happy to speak with you further regarding your stay, please contact me directly at your earliest convenience.

505-946-5801
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at numerous four seasons. We loved our stay over MLK weekend and would highly recommend the hotel.

We had a gorgeous casita overlooking the desert. Breathtaking sunrise and sunset views-- asking/paying for a good view is worth it. We came with another couple and they put them one casita over so literally our doors were 10 feet apart-- very convenient for hanging out in the evenings together and picking each other up for breakfast. The beds are wonderful. The bathroom has heated floors, and the tub is so big and so deep my over 6 foot husband and I could bathe together without problem. The closets have motion sensor lights on them, which is super handy, but the doors are so big they are a little cumbersome. The kiva fireplaces are romantic and probably what we'll remember most. I didn't understand why so many reviewers kept writing about them until I was there and we had the fire lit. You can build the fire yourself with the perfectly stacked, perfectly looking firewood outside your door or you can flake out and just call the "fire concierge." Seriously, the cut wood stacked outside the room is so ridiculously clean and perfect we should have taken pictures of it. The fire made the stay so special. We found it odd that there were no L'occitaine products (something we've come to love and, somewhat pathetically, expect when staying at the 4S) , but perhaps this is because they are running out the vendor contract left over from the previous owners. The room stocked with fresh fruit (including an excellent pear), a Keurig coffee maker, and a ton of glasses of all sorts of sizes. There's a great counter area that works well for the housing bottles of wine we brought with us and mixing cocktails. Oh, and the room was CLEAN -- at one point I dropped an earring back and had to fetch it from the corner of the floor far under the bathroom sink counter -- let me tell you it was SPOTLESS down there. Not a speck of dust in sight. I'm talking they must scrub the baseboards something serious.

The food is excellent. We ate dinner at the restaurant every night except one, when we took the concierge's recommendation of a great place in town (La Choza). The menu was trendy, place-appropriate (green chile options, etc), and fun and there was something there for everyone -- including venison, filet, chicken, seafood, and gluten free options. The breakfasts were fantastic. I found the cocktails to be a little odd (not a ton of flavor or interest, kind of derivative), but I'm really picky about my drinks so I don't hold that against the bar.

The service was great, but not as quite great as it's been at other 4S. The vast majority of the staff is absolutely perfect, but there were a couple folks who, while nice and polite, lacked the pristine 4S polish.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy T, Executive Assistant to Cindy Racco at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear M A:
We are so pleased that you were able to join us for MLK weekend and that your visit was enjoyable. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests. We take all of the comments we receive from our guests seriously and use them as a learning tool in order for us to find new ways to improve the overall product and service delivery we provide to our guests. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We value your patronage to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Santa Fe!

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was a little worried (based somewhat on the reviews on here) that this hotel would be way out of the way and inconveient to all the things we wanted to do in Santa Fe... Not true at all! It takes at most 15 minutes to get anywhere you'd want to visit in town and the drive back and forth to the hotel is so pretty and relaxing.

The bed was very comfortable and we even checked the brand of the sheets because they were so soft and nice and wanted some for our house. They keep you stocked with fresh chilled water and firewood and a newspaper daily free of charge and will help you start a fire, although we didn't need that. They do try to sucker you into valeting for every trip, but we stopped after day 1 because it wasn't a far walk and we didn't want to wait on the hotel staff to fetch our car every time we were coming and going.

The cleaning ladies were very good and even organized our belongings for us (lined up tolietries, etc.) and the turn-down service at night, although not necessary at all, was a nice touch. The grounds are quiet and pretty and the view from the hotel bar is breathtaking. We visited the hotel bar twice and sat outside on the patio to watch the sunset as long as we could take the cold. All in all, I felt that it was worth it to stay at a nicer place with pretty views even if it wasn't in downtown. If you want to walk to shops, etc., then this place is not for you. However, we had no problem parking downtown and appreciated the seclusion and the fact that we didn't have a downtown window view of a dumpster, as some reviewers said about the nicer downtown hotels. I would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: I think the higher-level rooms have better views: We were on the first floor and had a privacy fence...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sara78412:
Thank you so much for submitting your review about your recent visit to the Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado. I can't thank you enough for providing feedback about your stay with us. I was very pleased that you were satisfied with your recent stay with us. As you know our trademark at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is excellence in service, and we take this very much to heart. I will be happy to share your feedback with the team.
Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Santa Fe in the future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

When we booked our stay, this was the Encantado Resort. As we were driving into town, I called for their address because I could not get it on Google Maps. The reason? Just as of that day they had become a Four Seasons. As 4S groupies, we were delighted to hear that.

I try to rate things in the context of price and expectations. We have very very high expectations when we go to a 4S and pay their very very high prices. Mostly, they were met.

Pros: Spacious, comfortable rooms (I think they were Patio Casitas), very nicely decorated but with local flavor. Excellent food. Lovely spa. Very close to the Santa Fe opera house (3 min drive) Excellent service --- more on that later.

Cons: A lot of the views are mostly parking lots. I don't think that was just a function of our rooms, views were generally nice but not great IMHO. It is a pain to be a 10-15 minute drive from town, especially since it wasn't as though you got spectacular grounds in return? And especially because everyone goes to Santa Fe to walk around.

Service glitch - despite my emails, they did not set up a rollaway, and when we asked for one we were told it was too late and we'd have to wait until morning. That is not very Four-Seasons-y in my mind. I am used to them climbing every mountain, forging every stream, when a guest needs something.

Service kudos - We arrived the night our family was headed to the opera, with little time to spare. With no notice, the 4S used a hotel car to whisk us there, and then sent a car to pick us up at the end of the night. When we were wondering in the gift shop at the end of the night, our driver came and found us. He was so helpful and pleasant and turned what could have been stressful (getting to the opera on time) into a non issue.

THAT is very Four-Seasons-y and the reason we pay up for their brand. They cannot fix every problem that might mar your trip, but they can fix most and will try to fix all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tammy T, Executive Assistant to Cindy Racco at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear 6ContinentsNCounting:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding you recent visit to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado. I was very pleased that you were satisfied with your recent stay with us. As you know our trademark at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is excellence in service, and we take this very much to heart. I will be happy to share your feedback with the team. At the same time, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that we caused you for not providing a roll-away bed for you as per your request. Appropriate measures have been taken with our staff for this issue not to occur again in the future.
Once again, we truly appreciate you taking the time out to share your thoughts from your visit. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Santa Fe!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I love the Four Seasons. We've been to the Four Seasons Resorts in Whistler, Costa Rica, Hawaii (Hualalai), Austin, and now the Four Seasons Resort, Rancho Encantado, Santa Fe. Like the others, it is "Excellent." I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. I will say that the staff have been excellent. The valet smiled and greeted us as he opened the door. The young lady that seated us this morning knew where we were from and that we were with another couple. My wife has a gluten allergy. The menu has the gluten free options marked and the chef prepared a special dish for her on the night we arrived. By the way, Santa Fe is not Disney Land. Leave your kids at home for this trip.

Room Tip: Casitas 6 & 7 were at the south edge of the property and had an unspoiled view off the back pati...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Tammy T, Executive Assistant to Cindy Racco at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear L0vedGreece:
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you and your wife were able to enjoy everything from our Terra Restaurant’s menu to our staff. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Rancho Encantado Santa Fe or any future Four Seasons Worldwide Hotel.

Cindy Racco

Been to Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe? Share your experiences!