I was a little worried (based somewhat on the reviews on here) that this hotel would be way out of the way and inconveient to all the things we wanted to do in Santa Fe... Not true at all! It takes at most 15 minutes to get anywhere you'd want to visit in town and the drive back and forth to the hotel is so pretty and relaxing.
The bed was very comfortable and we even checked the brand of the sheets because they were so soft and nice and wanted some for our house. They keep you stocked with fresh chilled water and firewood and a newspaper daily free of charge and will help you start a fire, although we didn't need that. They do try to sucker you into valeting for every trip, but we stopped after day 1 because it wasn't a far walk and we didn't want to wait on the hotel staff to fetch our car every time we were coming and going.
The cleaning ladies were very good and even organized our belongings for us (lined up tolietries, etc.) and the turn-down service at night, although not necessary at all, was a nice touch. The grounds are quiet and pretty and the view from the hotel bar is breathtaking. We visited the hotel bar twice and sat outside on the patio to watch the sunset as long as we could take the cold. All in all, I felt that it was worth it to stay at a nicer place with pretty views even if it wasn't in downtown. If you want to walk to shops, etc., then this place is not for you. However, we had no problem parking downtown and appreciated the seclusion and the fact that we didn't have a downtown window view of a dumpster, as some reviewers said about the nicer downtown hotels. I would definitely recommend!
- Also Known As:
- Encantado, An Auberge Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado, An Auberge Hotel
- Encantado Hotel Santa Fe
- Encantado Resort Santa Fe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under grand skies and infinite stars, rediscover your inner artist in our intimate escape from the ordinary – nestled in a high-mountain desert landscape, minutes from the magic of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Set in 57 unspoiled acres tucked gently into the Sangre de Cristo foothills, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe is just 10 minutes from Santa Fe’s galleries, shops and distinctive architecture. The Resort offers 65 casita guest rooms and suites, each with its own fireplace and private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.